Utah Guns Forum banner

Timeout Issue?

16K views 53 replies 27 participants last post by  divegeek 
#1 ·
Is anyone else getting timed out when making a post or reply? Even with short ones when I go to post it times out. I have resorted to typing stuff up in word or something and copy and paste. This didnt used to be a problem before the new host.

Just curiuos?

#5 ·
I'm having the same problem. everything - PC (wired), Android tab (wifi), and X2 (3g) - has been timing out when i post.

#6 ·
I had a few problems after the server switch - I had to flush my DNS cache, I think my PC had some routing table confusion...once I flushed, I haven't had any issues after.

EDIT - Actually, now that I went to post this, it just gave me a timeout error! Dang that Murphy.

#17 ·
Just a quick update. Jeff worked all weekend and did not have time to dig into this. Up until this weekend everything seemed super smooth with no problems. I'm hoping Jeff will find some time in the next few days to look into this.

#18 ·
Paul said:
Just a quick update. Jeff worked all weekend and did not have time to dig into this. Up until this weekend everything seemed super smooth with no problems. I'm hoping Jeff will find some time in the next few days to look into this.
IIRC from my days as admin on phpbb forums, there is a configuration setting for how long the forum will wait for a write action, and it seems to me like its set a bit too short. The db server the forum is on now might be a bit slower than the old one, and that setting could explain why (at least for me) the timeout error seems to only happen when replying to longer threads. Hope that helps.

#19 ·
Yes, any ideas help. There had been zero problems that we were aware of until this weekend. We didn't change anything (at least I don't think Jeff did) so I'm not sure why things would have been perfectly smooth then have this problem pop up. Seems a little strange. Unless something changed on the hosting end without us knowing about it.

#21 ·
Yesterday it was timing out in seconds. And I couldn't access reliably from Tapatalk. I'm figuring Jeff will be able to correct this quick he's just buried with a deadline at work and simply doesn't have time. I know he will get to it as quick as he can. It does seem to be better today, but it still isn't acceptable. Up until Saturday there were zero problems that any of us posse were aware of or that anyone had brought to our attention. Was anyone having problems prior to this weekend?

#22 ·
I don't recall having problems before his weekend either. I think I saw it first on Saturday. Have seen it every day since then, on just about every post I've made or tried to make. Although, I have only tried to post a handful of times in the last few days.

#23 ·
Paul said:
Yesterday it was timing out in seconds. And I couldn't access reliably from Tapatalk. I'm figuring Jeff will be able to correct this quick he's just buried with a deadline at work and simply doesn't have time. I know he will get to it as quick as he can. It does seem to be better today, but it still isn't acceptable. Up until Saturday there were zero problems that any of us posse were aware of or that anyone had brought to our attention. Was anyone having problems prior to this weekend?
Im on here a lot, and didnt encounter any problems until saturday.

#25 ·
i am still having time out issues from all divices... web at a desk top and the mobile web site on my droid... it isnt a huge issue unless you have a lengthy reply typed up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.