Utah Guns Forum banner

iphone and ipad users

11K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  Korben88 
#1 ·
Have you stopped using utahconcealedcarry.com because every time you load a page you are prompted to download the "tap talk" app or something like that? I do more than half my surfing on an iphone and have completely had to stop using the site because of this popup. MODS please delete this popup!!!!!!! Could you please look at your site analytics and see how non-computer traffic has tanked?

Thanks

#4 ·
The only time that happens to me is if I delete the history and cookies in the settings. But I use Tapatalk on the iPhone, so that gets rid of the issue completely. I usually use the regular browser on the iPad and only have that popup when I do what I mentioned above.

#10 ·
Roland Deschain said:
The tapa talk popup is very annoying. If turning on cookies is the solution, then that sucks too. And no, I don't want to buy the app.
Is the community here really not worth the popup or the simple solutions to make it go away? If it bothers you that much why do you still come here?

I guess I just don't see why it's that big of a deal.

#11 ·
OneShotXD said:
Roland Deschain said:
The tapa talk popup is very annoying. If turning on cookies is the solution, then that sucks too. And no, I don't want to buy the app.
Is the community here really not worth the popup or the simple solutions to make it go away? If it bothers you that much why do you still come here?

I guess I just don't see why it's that big of a deal.
+1.

Depending on your browser, you should be able allow cookies for just this website.

Problem solved.

#12 ·
I thought tapatalk was a little annoying too, until I got it set up...now it's pretty much seamless. Hope it will be on my new phone, should be here tomorrow, and I'll probably be paying for another copy. I don't "think" it stored on the SD card, and it doesn't give me the option... :roll: ...oh well. I like it well enough to pay for it again...and I miss you guys when I'm not near my computer :D

Mel

#13 ·
quychang said:
I thought tapatalk was a little annoying too, until I got it set up...now it's pretty much seamless. Hope it will be on my new phone, should be here tomorrow, and I'll probably be paying for another copy. I don't "think" it stored on the SD card, and it doesn't give me the option... :roll: ...oh well. I like it well enough to pay for it again...and I miss you guys when I'm not near my computer :D

Mel
If you are using the the same platform on your new phone (android on old phone and android on new phone) then you don't have to pay for the app again. It is stored on your account. You just have to download it again for free. If you switch from one platform to another, then you have to pay again (android to iOS).

#15 ·
quychang said:
Cool, I'm upgrading from an HTC Incredible to a Droid Razor...newer version, but still Android.

Mel
Just open google play store, hit the menu button and then click my apps. scroll right to all apps, and it will show every app you've ever downloaded. hat way you don't need to hunt them all down.

#17 ·
Korben88 said:
quychang said:
Cool, I'm upgrading from an HTC Incredible to a Droid Razor...newer version, but still Android.

Mel
Just open google play store, hit the menu button and then click my apps. scroll right to all apps, and it will show every app you've ever downloaded. hat way you don't need to hunt them all down.
When I had an android phone, that would only work with the apps that I paid for. I had a bunch of free apps that didn't show up and I had to hunt them down. I'm not sure if they have changed that or not in the last little while.

#18 ·
When I had an android phone, that would only work with the apps that I paid for. I had a bunch of free apps that didn't show up and I had to hunt them down. I'm not sure if they have changed that or not in the last little while.
All the free apps that I cared about had an option to save them to the SD card. Since I'm moving the 16gb card from the old phone to the new one, the apps should come along for the ride. I'm sure I'll accumulate more crap....errrrr....fun toys on the new phone, but lots of what I have on the HTC were free apps that I just don't care about.

Mel

#25 ·
Snurd said:
Korben88 said:
quychang said:

Mel
Mine shows all of them, I wish it wouldn't sometimes, then I can't see all the stupid games I downloaded I.E. plumbers crack :lol2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.