Rand Paul bringing a pro-gun bill to senate floor

We will try to post current legislative bills that relate to Gun Control issues in this Forum. This includes bills in the Utah Legislature and U.S. Congress.

Rand Paul bringing a pro-gun bill to senate floor

Postby RustyShackleford » Sun 16 Mar 2014 8:45 pm

Gun Owners (of America) Prepare to Seize Senate from Harry Reid
http://www.dailypaul.com/314187/gun-owners-prepare-to-seize-senate-from-harry-reid
At GOA’s request, Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) has bypassed Harry Reid’s stranglehold on the Senate by bringing a pro-gun bill directly onto the Senate calendar.
The bill is H.R. 4118, and it was approved by the House of Representatives on Wednesday by a 250-160 vote. (See the vote here, with “Yea” being the pro-gun vote.) The bill would suspend the individual mandate of the anti-gun ObamaCare program for one year, thus protecting the privacy of gun owners. More>>> http://www.dailypaul.com/314187/gun-owners-prepare-to-seize-senate-from-harry-reid
If you consider yourself an American, and are not yet on a government watchlist...You're Not Trying.
RustyShackleford
Sniper

Re: Rand Paul bringing a pro-gun bill to senate floor

Postby itsasecret » Sat 22 Mar 2014 2:41 pm

I hate ObamaCare as much as anyone, but I'm not sure I understand how delaying the individual mandate for another year really does much to protect our right to keep and bear arms. Could you explain this a bit more?
itsasecret
Marksman

Re: Rand Paul bringing a pro-gun bill to senate floor

Postby DaKnife » Sat 22 Mar 2014 8:47 pm

As I recall, buried in Obama care are instructions for medical professionals to ask about firearm ownership and to counsel against such. This info gets entered into your health records and is used to build a database of firearm owners.
SPOOOOOOON!!!

WARNING: This comment may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm, in every other state it may increase intelligence and knowledge.
DaKnife
Sniper

Return to Utah & Federal Bills For or Against Gun Control