HB 260 Constitutional Carry

We will try to post current legislative bills that relate to Gun Control issues in this Forum. This includes bills in the Utah Legislature and U.S. Congress.

Re: HB 260 Constitutional Carry

Postby DaKnife » Sun 15 Feb 2015 4:21 pm

Perhaps we should beg Oda to bring it back, and force Herbert to veto it again right at the beginning of the 2016 election cycle.
SPOOOOOOON!!!

WARNING: This comment may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm, in every other state it may increase intelligence and knowledge.
DaKnife
Sniper

Postby RustyShackleford » Sun 15 Feb 2015 7:11 pm

DaKnife wrote:Perhaps we should beg Oda to bring it back, and force Herbert to veto it again right at the beginning of the 2016 election cycle.

Yes!
If you consider yourself an American, and are not yet on a government watchlist...You're Not Trying.
RustyShackleford
Sniper

Postby ObiRich » Mon 16 Feb 2015 7:19 am

DaKnife wrote:Perhaps we should beg Oda to bring it back, and force Herbert to veto it again right at the beginning of the 2016 election cycle.

Well, since Oda pulled it for "reworking" it probably will be considered in next year's legislature, which is the one at the beginning of the election cycle.
Spent 24 years in the USAF defending our rights...don't intend to stop now
ObiRich
Expert Marksman

Postby RustyShackleford » Mon 16 Feb 2015 7:52 am

ObiRich wrote:

Well, since Oda pulled it for "reworking" it probably will be considered in next year's legislature, which is the one at the beginning of the election cycle.

I really hope this is Oda's Real Plan...and End Run to get rid of (never saw a federal funding plan he didn't like) Herbert as our Gov. once and for all.
If you consider yourself an American, and are not yet on a government watchlist...You're Not Trying.
RustyShackleford
Sniper

Postby mkeeney » Mon 16 Feb 2015 8:56 am

Slightly off topic, perhaps, but haven't Utah's governors usually been less-than-enamored with the right of citizens to carry?

My recollection is that Gov. Leavitt wasn't exactly thrilled with the change to the concealed carry law in 1995, but signed it anyway because he knew that wasn't a battle he could win.

Same was true when he signed changes to the law that clarified the law allowing carry in schools (2003).

I don't recall Walker or Huntsman being particularly "gun friendly" either. Herbert seems to be from the same mold as prior governors.
mkeeney
Novice

Postby Photocell » Mon 02 Mar 2015 3:36 pm

Is THIS just a Represenitive trying to get their name out to the firearms community, or could this really get traction? And why does short barreled need to be changed to "sawed off"? I haven't compared this writing to Rep. Oda's 256 but it seems to me that this one would have less chance than his. Can someone maybe give me some insight? Maybe their saying let's put it to the governor and let him veto it again. I don't know, it's still in committee.
Photocell
Marksman

Postby Photocell » Mon 02 Mar 2015 4:08 pm

I guess if I was to try and answer my own question regarding the shotgun reference, it would be because short barreled shotguns are legal through the NFA. And maybe sawed off is a reference to ilegal SBS? But if that is the case why does that even need to be there? Are shotguns not considered firearms in legal talk?
Photocell
Marksman

Previous

Return to Utah & Federal Bills For or Against Gun Control