Bill introduced to remove supressors from NFA

We will try to post current legislative bills that relate to Gun Control issues in this Forum. This includes bills in the Utah Legislature and U.S. Congress.

Re: Bill introduced to remove supressors from NFA

Postby Snurd » Mon 26 Oct 2015 1:49 pm

D-FIN wrote:
Snurd wrote:I'm game. Did you get your tape?

Ya sittin on my desk at home because I was not sure how I wanted to do it and thought it looked lame without any silencers in it. Probably will with them in it as well. :dunno:

I'm sure we can work something out. Let me know when.

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Postby D-FIN » Mon 26 Oct 2015 1:50 pm

Doctor Jenks wrote:Nice D-Fin. Have you ordered a suppressor yet?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No that's more of along term goal right now but we are both agreed that we want to do it eventually.
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby AlanM » Thu 29 Oct 2015 2:31 am

Maybe we should write to any left wing congress critters also:
This article is eight years old but still relevant:
A Democrat's guide to why firearm sound suppressors ("silencers") should be made easier to obtain.

Or if nothing else "borrow" some of the arguments.

Firearm suppressors, colloquially and inaccurately known as "silencers", are basic safety equipment when operating a firearm, as their use prevents both hearing damage and reduces the noise pollution of firing ranges. Due to a little-known section of Federal law called the National Firearms Act, their possession has been all but criminalized.

(This article refers to these devices by the correct "suppressors" instead of the more colloquial and inaccurate "silencers", as they do no such thing.)

Suppressors have the benefit of both decreasing the likelihood of hearing loss and decreasing noise pollution from hunting and shooting ranges. In the UK, Europe, and Scandinavia, they recognize the health and environmental benefits of suppressors, so they are sold over the counter without much regulation at all.

Democrats, as the party that pushes for safer health and environmental regulations, should embrace any effort to lessen the regulations surrounding firearm suppressors, preferably by making them subject to the same regulations as ordinary firearms - a simple instant background check and no onerous tax. This is called a "Title I" firearm. Let's explore a bit...

BTW the author makes a good argument for wearing electronic earmuffs while hunting outdoors.
First for hearing protection and, although not mentioned, IMHO sound amplification of quiet possible targets or other hunters.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
AlanM
Sharp Shooter

Postby AlanM » Wed 11 Nov 2015 8:51 am

Found this on another site is response to suppressor bill in congress:

It's a billboard in New Zealand:

Now, realizing that the NZ$ equals US$0.66 that means that that JW15 .22lr rifle with scope and "silencer" is US$196.

EDIT: I just checked their listing online for the Norinco JW15 package. It's now NZ$369.

HOWEVER!!!!!! Take a look at their site and particularly their ammo prices:

50 rounds of Winchester T-22 is NZ$12.99.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
AlanM
Sharp Shooter

Previous

Return to Utah & Federal Bills For or Against Gun Control