Utah Guns Forum banner

Defend Our Capital Act

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  manithree 
#1 ·
Sometimes Rand Paul gets it right. I just got this in an e-mail from him:

Fellow Conservative,

Americans should not be living in fear after the attacks in Paris.

Citizens should not be forfeiting their liberty to the government under the false impression that that is the only way to remain safe.

I have introduced new legislation in the Defend Our Capital Act of 2015 that will allow American citizens to keep themselves safe -- and therefore keep this country safer.

This bill would remove existing restrictive firearm ownership laws in the District of Columbia, and require the District of Columbia to issue and grant reciprocity for concealed weapons permits for both residents and non-residents.

It's a true embrace of the 2nd Amendment.

For too long the Americans who live in and visit their nation's capital have been prevented from defending themselves and their loved ones. No longer should our citizens have to choose between safety or visiting Washington, D.C.

This legislation will immediately improve the security of our country and the safety of those visiting the Capitol by

Requiring the District of Columbia to begin issuing concealed weapons permits for both residents and non-residents.

Allowing for national reciprocity of conceal and carry weapons permits between states and for carry by active duty military.

Allowing for the carrying of firearms on public, non-sensitive areas of federal property.

Allowing for the purchase of firearms across state lines.

It is not the time to expand the role of government and further crush the individual liberties of the private citizen.

Now is the time to stand strong for the security of our country and make certain that protections are in place to make sure what happened in Paris does not happen here in America.

Will you stand with me in support of our right to arm ourselves?

In liberty,

Rand Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.