Utah Guns Forum banner

Utah Political Caucus meetings and Presidential election Tue

10K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  RustyShackleford 
#1 ·
For all who reside in Utah, Tuesday, March 22nd are the political caucus meetings and presidential primary elections.

Democrats will hold their caucuses at 6:00 pm.

Republicans will hold their caucuses at 7:00 pm.

At the caucuses, those in attendance will vote for their choice for their respective party's presidential nominee.

Attendees will also elect delegates to attend their party's county and State conventions. These delegates will help select the party nominees for offices such as Governor, federal Senators and Representatives, Utah State Senators and Representatives, county sheriff, recorders, auditors, county clerks, etc.

Most caucus meetings will be held in public buildings such as schools.

Additional information and the exact locations of your caucus meetings can be found by visiting https://caucus.utah.gov/

Charles

See less See more
#2 ·
I will be in attendance at mine, kind of have to be as I am the Precinct Chair. Everyone should be going, this is the most grass roots system in America, so get out, show your support, be involved and if possible get elected as a county or state delegate.

#6 ·
I got caught up in the online caucusing fiasco; I couldn't vote online because I didn't get my PIN and I couldn't do it in person because I'd registered to do it online. Grrrrr! :disgusted:

#8 ·
In my precinct it was 137 Cruz 23 kasich 12 trump. 79.6% for Cruz and he got over 100 votes more than the other 2 combined! Open carried for sure but didn't take a pic.

#9 ·
I attended mine very briefly. I was planning on trying for a county and/or state delegate, but my wife is in the middle of a medical issue so I couldn't stay. I went in, voted on the presidential ticket (wrote in Gary Gilmore, I mean Jim Gilmore :grinningjester: ), and headed back to the hospital. I don't know what the numbers were but I'm pretty sure it was 80% Cruz, 20% Trump/Kasich, and one stray weirdo vote for Jim Gilmore.

Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.