Utah Guns Forum banner

Constitutional Carry (again)

30K views 128 replies 20 participants last post by  Karl 
#1 ·
http://fox13now.com/2016/09/30/utah-lawmaker-opens-constitutional-carry-bill/
SALT LAKE CITY - A state lawmaker is defending his decision to open a so-called "constitutional carry" bill in the Utah State Legislature.

Rep. Lee Perry, R-Perry, said in a statement that he is doing it at the request of constituents who support the Second Amendment. Perry, whose day job is a Utah Highway Patrol trooper, insisted that he is not running the bill on behalf of law enforcement (which has raised concerns about such bills in the past).

"I recently opened a bill file that would allow law-abiding citizens to carry a concealed gun without a permit and not be considered a criminal action. I'm sponsoring this legislation because I have constituents that believe this is a Second Amendment right. Eleven other states have passed similar laws including Wyoming, Idaho and Arizona," Perry said in his statement.
Here's hoping Herbert won't try to block this one.

ETA: Here's the 2017 bill:

http://le.utah.gov/~2017/bills/static/HB0112.html

#127 ·
Snurd said:
D-FIN said:
Snurd said:
I really wish that when the thought of selling this forum came up, it would have been offered to the members. I may not have been able to front all of the money, but I bet we have enough people here that care about it and the way it runs, that we could have bought it.

Ever since it was sold to some big agency that runs other forums, it has turned to crap. We lost a lot of good members, and there are no mods at all. It's too bad.

Sent from iSnurd
I remember that it was offered but I'm too lazy to try and find it. I remember because I considered it but decided I was not in a position to manage it financially.
How on Earth did this jump threads? It was posted here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22577&p=253961#p253961
Magic I guess...... Are you a Wizard Mr. Snurd?

#128 ·
The troll seems to place great import on the limit of the Heller ruling----

If my memory serves me correctly my read of the Heller ruling suggested to me that the ruling was limited to carry in the home as that was ALL Heller had asked for; not that carry in the home was the ONLY place the 2A applied! :swat: :swat:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.