Constitutional Carry (again)

We will try to post current legislative bills that relate to Gun Control issues in this Forum. This includes bills in the Utah Legislature and U.S. Congress.

Re: Constitutional Carry (again)

Postby jfwright1955 » Mon 23 Jan 2017 2:58 pm

morcey2 wrote:
jfwright1955 wrote:"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

I thought it was "If a man speaks in the forest and there is no woman around to correct him, is he still wrong?" :grinningjester:

:spit:
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby Karl » Mon 23 Jan 2017 5:17 pm

jfwright1955 wrote:"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

See if you can google the name of the philosopher who coined that phrase, and also what his conclusion to the question was.
Karl
Marksman

Postby bumpylight » Mon 23 Jan 2017 9:27 pm

Now, I absolutely have to make a smart-aleck remark! "If a low moaning sound issues from a man in an empty living room and his wife isn't around to hear it, does that mean he still has time to get a Valentine's Day gift before the stores close for the night?"

Yeah, I know, but I swear, the stuff that clients want me to write sometimes makes my head hurt. I need to take these "Mr. Stupid" breaks, okay? :roll:
Last edited by bumpylight on Mon 23 Jan 2017 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bumpylight
Marksman

Postby bumpylight » Mon 23 Jan 2017 9:34 pm

Heck, you know Troll has no point to make about anything. Let's be free and easy about it all. Wait, I know -- how about calling it "Mad Max carry" instead? I bet that would liven up the scene something fierce! :grinningjester:

bagpiper wrote:[....]

Are you just unhappy with the vernacular of calling permit-free carry "constitutional carry"? Or do you have a point to make against this bill?
bumpylight
Marksman

Postby D-FIN » Fri 27 Jan 2017 12:19 pm

Snurd wrote:I really wish that when the thought of selling this forum came up, it would have been offered to the members. I may not have been able to front all of the money, but I bet we have enough people here that care about it and the way it runs, that we could have bought it.

Ever since it was sold to some big agency that runs other forums, it has turned to crap. We lost a lot of good members, and there are no mods at all. It's too bad.

Sent from iSnurd

I remember that it was offered but I'm too lazy to try and find it. I remember because I considered it but decided I was not in a position to manage it financially.
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby Snurd » Fri 27 Jan 2017 12:25 pm

D-FIN wrote:
Snurd wrote:I really wish that when the thought of selling this forum came up, it would have been offered to the members. I may not have been able to front all of the money, but I bet we have enough people here that care about it and the way it runs, that we could have bought it.

Ever since it was sold to some big agency that runs other forums, it has turned to crap. We lost a lot of good members, and there are no mods at all. It's too bad.

Sent from iSnurd

I remember that it was offered but I'm too lazy to try and find it. I remember because I considered it but decided I was not in a position to manage it financially.

How on Earth did this jump threads? It was posted here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22577&p=253961#p253961
Snurd
Posse

Postby D-FIN » Fri 27 Jan 2017 12:29 pm

Snurd wrote:
D-FIN wrote:

Sent from iSnurd

How on Earth did this jump threads? It was posted here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22577&p=253961#p253961

Magic I guess...... Are you a Wizard Mr. Snurd?
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby JoeSparky » Fri 27 Jan 2017 7:43 pm

The troll seems to place great import on the limit of the Heller ruling----

If my memory serves me correctly my read of the Heller ruling suggested to me that the ruling was limited to carry in the home as that was ALL Heller had asked for; not that carry in the home was the ONLY place the 2A applied! :swat: :swat:
JoeSparky
GOA Life Member
NRA Life Member
NAGR Member
UCC
OCDO

Remember IANAL
Praying that OUR Country can be returned to it's greatness and to it's CONSTITUTION!
JoeSparky
Sniper

Postby Karl » Tue 15 Aug 2017 11:25 am

So how did Constitutional Carry go in the State Legislature last time?

Do you think it will be seen again next time?

How do you think it will go next time? Any different?

Why or why not?
Karl
Marksman

Previous

Return to Utah & Federal Bills For or Against Gun Control