Constitutional Carry (again)

We will try to post current legislative bills that relate to Gun Control issues in this Forum. This includes bills in the Utah Legislature and U.S. Congress.

Re: Constitutional Carry (again)

Postby jfwright1955 » Sat 21 Jan 2017 11:22 am

Karl wrote:Jeeze Dude.

Either you don't read too good or you don't count too good.

These are elementary education deficiencies. Or maybe some Alzheimer's mixed in as well.

Go back and read the whole thread again.

Then with a pencil on a piece of paper mark a "|" every time you read a "pro" or a "con" that I have listed.

This is called counting. It is a step in the evolution of mathematics.

You know what, Karl? I don’t intend getting caught up in your drama, but I will just say this and be done:

You have continually belittled and berated many of the long- and short-term forum members whom I hold in high regard with your persistent arrogance and self-professed intellectual superiority, neither of which impresses me in the least. It might be time for you to go find yourself another forum or user group to harass where your sarcasm may -- although I doubt it -- be appreciated.

I think it safe to say you have more than worn out your welcome extended to you by the good folks here on this forum when you first joined.
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby Karl » Sat 21 Jan 2017 11:30 am

jfwright1955 wrote:
Karl wrote:Jeeze Dude.

Either you don't read too good or you don't count too good.

These are elementary education deficiencies. Or maybe some Alzheimer's mixed in as well.

Go back and read the whole thread again.

Then with a pencil on a piece of paper mark a "|" every time you read a "pro" or a "con" that I have listed.

This is called counting. It is a step in the evolution of mathematics.

You know what, Karl? I don’t intend getting caught up in your drama, but I will just say this and be done:

You have continually belittled and berated many of the long- and short-term forum members whom I hold in high regard with your persistent arrogance and self-professed intellectual superiority, neither of which impresses me in the least. It might be time for you to go find yourself another forum or user group to harass where your sarcasm may -- although I doubt it -- be appreciated.

I think it safe to say you have more than worn out your welcome extended to you by the good folks here on this forum when you first joined.

This looks like a concealed carry forum. And I like concealed carry. It protects the weapon from prying eyes. And it helps the natives not to get restless.

Excuse me for pointing out the flaws of open carry and state constitutional carry.

Maybe the O/C and Const/C fans can find O/C or Const/C forums where they can find like minded cheerleaders ?!

I have always felt that cheerleaders should wear the traditional clothing of tutu's and pompoms while they cheerlead.

Logic and reason seems to escape them.
Karl
Marksman

Postby UtahCFP » Sat 21 Jan 2017 4:08 pm

An open letter

-------------------------------------------------

Dear Karl,

Internet forums are really pretty cool. We can talk about all sorts of things of interest to the people who come to the forums. What's REALLY neat is that we don't have to abide strictly by a column name, or header, or title, when we talk about things. We can even talk about things that we didn't imaging we'd be talking about when the forum was created. We do like to have these threads have a title so the conversations can be easily found, but it's not harmful to wander off topic somewhat from time to time (and this post is an example of that very thing).

Of course, there is a certain amount of decorum we'd like to see from the people who contribute to the forums. Ad hominem attacks (an argument or reaction directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining) is an example of behavior that isn't useful when discussing a topic.

Just my opinions, but hoping they are helpful.

Cheers,
Dave
Dr. Dave ([email protected])
WAS a Utah Concealed Firearm Permit (CFP) Instructor
NOW a Texas License to Carry (LTC) Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor, Basic Rifle Instructor, Basic Shotgun Instructor, and RSO
NRA Life Member
UtahCFP
Sniper

Postby althor » Sat 21 Jan 2017 5:17 pm

I have read the thread that bagpiper referred to with Solus, and fear that that is the direction that Karl has chosen. It's too bad, but I would support removing Karl from the forum permanently.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
althor
Sharp Shooter

Postby Karl » Sat 21 Jan 2017 5:29 pm

althor wrote:I have read the thread that bagpiper referred to with Solus, and fear that that is the direction that Karl has chosen. It's too bad, but I would support removing Karl from the forum permanently.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

That's not going to improve your math or your reading skills.

You should concentrate on reading and counting, not on whining.
Karl
Marksman

Postby manithree » Sun 22 Jan 2017 12:45 am

Karl wrote:Maybe the O/C and Const/C fans can find O/C or Const/C forums where they can find like minded cheerleaders ?!

It takes a lot of nerve (or something) to join an established forum in October, then suggest in January that everybody who disagrees with you should leave.
It's not about the odds, it's about the stakes.
http://gunfacts.info/
manithree
Sniper

Postby Karl » Sun 22 Jan 2017 5:33 am

Note FYI:

This post was made by manithree who is currently on your ignore list.
Karl
Marksman

Postby bumpylight » Sun 22 Jan 2017 8:47 am

Actually, it's remarkably funny. I'm thinking of joining The Huffington Post or some such ultra-liberal howler-monkey enclave, starting a thread on individual rights under the Second Amendment and then telling everyone who doesn't agree with me to sod off and find another internet forum where they and their hoplophobic cheerleaders can yell as much as they want. This line of thought promises to lead to all sorts of hilarity. :ROFL:

manithree wrote:
Karl wrote:Maybe the O/C and Const/C fans can find O/C or Const/C forums where they can find like minded cheerleaders ?!

It takes a lot of nerve (or something) to join an established forum in October, then suggest in January that everybody who disagrees with you should leave.
bumpylight
Marksman

Postby Karl » Sun 22 Jan 2017 11:56 am

Note:

This post was made by bumpylight who is currently on your ignore list.
Karl
Marksman

Postby Karl » Sun 22 Jan 2017 2:50 pm

If I put someone on ignore, and you quote them, then you are going on ignore too.
Karl
Marksman

Postby Wrangler_dave9 » Sun 22 Jan 2017 4:31 pm

Karl wrote:If I put someone on ignore, and you quote them, then you are going on ignore too.

So, by that account, we should all quote a post from bagpiper so that we end up on Karl's ignore list. Each one of us should also add Karl to our own ignore list so that we no longer have to be subjected to his mindless and very misinformed drivel.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Just another day in paradise.
Wrangler_dave9
Marksman

Postby jfwright1955 » Sun 22 Jan 2017 4:52 pm

Wrangler_dave9 wrote:
Karl wrote:If I put someone on ignore, and you quote them, then you are going on ignore too.

So, by that account, we should all quote a post from bagpiper so that we end up on Karl's ignore list. Each one of us should also add Karl to our own ignore list so that we no longer have to be subjected to his mindless and very misinformed drivel.

I've already put him on ignore. Pretty soon he'll be down to an audience of one... himself.
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby JoeSparky » Sun 22 Jan 2017 5:52 pm

jfwright1955 wrote:
Wrangler_dave9 wrote:

I've already put him on ignore. Pretty soon he'll be down to an audience of one... himself.

There is hope! Maybe a moderator with step in and "suggest" a change in his behaviors! :disgusted:
JoeSparky
GOA Life Member
NRA Life Member
NAGR Member
UCC
OCDO

Remember IANAL
Praying that OUR Country can be returned to it's greatness and to it's CONSTITUTION!
JoeSparky
Sniper

Postby jfwright1955 » Sun 22 Jan 2017 6:00 pm

JoeSparky wrote:
jfwright1955 wrote:I've already put him on ignore. Pretty soon he'll be down to an audience of one... himself.

There is hope! Maybe a moderator with step in and "suggest" a change in his behaviors! :disgusted:

Would be nice. But, since taking over the site the new admins and moderators and been silent. I think we're abandoned on a desert island with a troublemaker. Wish he'd go find a new island.
John
NRA RSO
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby Karl » Sun 22 Jan 2017 6:04 pm

jfwright1955 wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:
jfwright1955 wrote:I've already put him on ignore. Pretty soon he'll be down to an audience of one... himself.

Would be nice. But, since taking over the site the new admins and moderators and been silent. I think we're abandoned on a desert island with a troublemaker. Wish he'd go find a new island.

The best thing would be to read Heller carefully, and also count carefully when someone lists pro's and con's.

If after that you still want to cheerlead then put on your tutu's and get your pompoms first.
Karl
Marksman

PreviousNext

Return to Utah & Federal Bills For or Against Gun Control