Utah Guns Forum banner

Seeking help from someone in 1st Congressional District...

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  morcey2 
#1 ·
On another site, someone asked if Rob Bishop was planning on reintroducing H.R.2710 - Lawful Purpose and Self Defense Act in this congress. I tried emailing his office, but they won't take emails from outside his district. Anyone willing to ask for me? :D (The "security feature" is asking for a zip+4 to get to the email and I'm not big on pretending to be someone else.)

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-con ... -bill/2710

My understanding is the bill changes lots of stuff related to the "sporting purpose" clause as it has to do with importation of guns and ammunition.

Thanks,
Matt

#3 ·
steelhawk said:
What do you want Rob Bishop to do? Is this bill a good thing?
I think it's a good thing but I've got to do more research on it. He introduced it in 2015 and had mentioned during the latest campaign that he would probably bring it back up. I'd like to see the whole "sporting purpose" restriction on imports go away since "sporting purpose" is so narrowly defined that it only includes hunting because everyone knows that's what the 2A is all about :raisedbrow: ... I emailed Jason Chafetz to see if he supports that idea, but I haven't heard back yet. I'd love to get my hands on an SVT or Druganov or one of a bunch of other currently import-banned guns.

Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.