Utah Guns Forum banner

New Gun Law Pamphlet Jan_2015

7K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  D-FIN 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Nicely done. Thank you.

If I were to add one law to this, it would our ban (with felony penalty) for taking a (concealed?) gun onto a bus or train without a permit. Having a permit I frequently forget this off-limits location even exists because it is in a different section of code than our other off limits locations. But for a general information pamphlet, I think it would be a nice addition.

Charles

#3 ·
bagpiper said:
Nicely done. Thank you.

If I were to add one law to this, it would our ban (with felony penalty) for taking a (concealed?) gun onto a bus or train without a permit. Having a permit I frequently forget this off-limits location even exists because it is in a different section of code than our other off limits locations. But for a general information pamphlet, I think it would be a nice addition.

Charles
I'm not sure why I didn't put that one in. It has been updated.

#7 ·
Great, but wouldn't the best time to do this be after the Legislative session has ended and all bills have been signed or vetoed? Now you'll just have to update it in a couple months.

#9 ·
Laws are constantly changing. Some become effective once the legislation is signed by the governor, others become effective on a designated date such as July 1, and others become effective at the end of the year. This is something that would be revised often. The end of the calendar year is typically a great time, imo.

#11 ·
dewittdj said:
Great! Thanks!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
BTW, I'm confident in Snurdly's ability to update this as the laws change regardless of when they change!!!
Likely 30 seconds after the change becomes law, if it takes that long. :D

Great job putting this together, Snurd! I've already got it bookmarked in my browser's firearms folder. :thumbsup:

#16 ·
Snurd said:
D-FIN said:
Or you could just use this and 2 out of and 8.5x11 folded to 3x5

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx5NQ7 ... sp=sharing
That looks a lot like 4 pages on 1 piece of paper.... :D What I forgot to say is after I do that, I cut them into 4 pieces and staple them together. So it's like....small....er....
Look closely you get 2 books per print. They have been imposed into a booklet that you print double sided then cut each book out (for me on an industrial cutter) then fold the entire book in half and staple saddle style. If you take to your local print shop they will do all for you for a small fee. For 3 sheets of paper you get 2 complete books. If you really want to get fancy you can have them print the first sheet on a heavy card stock to give the booklet a little more sturdiness.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.