Buffalo Wild Wings

This is where to post the names of places to boycott because they have anti-gun, anti-freedom stances or policies. Any posts advocating boycotts must explain the reasons for the boycotts including, if possible, documentary proof, such as links to business web sites or news articles.

Re: Buffalo Wild Wings

Postby UtahJarhead » Fri 12 Oct 2012 7:25 pm

quychang wrote:I won't get mad at the manager, I simply won't give them my business.

I agree with that 100%!

However, the manager does have a choice. If he really disagreed with the policy, he'd be working somewhere else. He has the same choice we have, vote with your feet.

I can't agree with this, though. It may not be the dream job, but when the entire country has massive unemployment, sometimes you take what you can get. I guess that's summed up with 'Beggars can't be choosers'. Remember, it's not the manager's fault.
DO NOT talk to cops! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc
Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer, NRA Certified Pistol/Rifle Instructor
Cub Master
Art Scheel
UtahJarhead
Top Shot

Postby smo » Fri 12 Oct 2012 7:35 pm

UtahJarhead wrote:
quychang wrote:I won't get mad at the manager, I simply won't give them my business.

I agree with that 100%!

However, the manager does have a choice. If he really disagreed with the policy, he'd be working somewhere else. He has the same choice we have, vote with your feet.

I can't agree with this, though. It may not be the dream job, but when the entire country has massive unemployment, sometimes you take what you can get. I guess that's summed up with 'Beggars can't be choosers'. Remember, it's not the manager's fault.

This. When you are going to spend money, there will always be a multitude of businesses willing to take your money, and you can vote with your feet and wallet. When you are trying to provide for yourself/family, the choices are not always so abundant. :wink:
smo
Expert Marksman

Postby quychang » Fri 12 Oct 2012 7:40 pm

This. When you are going to spend money, there will always be a multitude of businesses willing to take your money, and you can vote with your feet and wallet. When you are trying to provide for yourself/family, the choices are not always so abundant. :wink:

While I agree, the restaurant field is full of turn over, and while you might be working at a job you disagree with, you CAN vote with your feet. Especially managers turn over all the time, just keep your resume out there, and work for someone that you can get behind. This assumes the manager disagrees with the policy. His continued employment at that job brings into question his agreement or not. How he handles the exit request can give you some indication of that, but basically if he works there, he agrees, at least to enforce it.

Mel
The last thing I want to do is shoot anyone, but it's on the list...
quychang
Sniper

Postby smo » Fri 12 Oct 2012 7:48 pm

quychang wrote:

While I agree, the restaurant field is full of turn over, and while you might be working at a job you disagree with, you CAN vote with your feet. Especially managers turn over all the time, just keep your resume out there, and work for someone that you can get behind. This assumes the manager disagrees with the policy. His continued employment at that job brings into question his agreement or not. How he handles the exit request can give you some indication of that, but basically if he works there, he agrees, at least to enforce it.

Mel

Many jobs require you to perform tasks that you may not agree with, but you agree to do it as a condition of employment. Do you think that all LEO's agree 100% with all laws that they are asked to enforce? Should they look for another agency because they don't agree with everything they are asked to do? Besides, high turn over isn't a good thing on a resume. As an employer, I see an applicant that jumps from job to job, and it doesn't make me want to invest my time and money to train him for my business, when his record indicates that he may likely jump ship shortly. At that point, I've just wasted my time and resources, and now have to do it all over again. There is something to be said about a long job history with a company.
smo
Expert Marksman

Postby dewittdj » Fri 12 Oct 2012 8:52 pm

Be polite, courteous, and leave when asked to... or face possible trespassing charges after the LEOs arrive. Deescalate infers that you not give the manager a hard time, but rather, pick up your things, pay whatever is due, and leave quietly. The last thing I would want is for someone to call in a hostile, MWG in a restaurant complaint to 911.
Save $10-1yr: new or renewal:
3yr-$70, 5yr-$100, Life-$750
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XI028543
dewittdj
Top Shot

Postby quychang » Sat 13 Oct 2012 4:46 pm

Be polite, courteous, and leave when asked to... or face possible trespassing charges after the LEOs arrive. Deescalate infers that you not give the manager a hard time, but rather, pick up your things, pay whatever is due, and leave quietly. The last thing I would want is for someone to call in a hostile, MWG in a restaurant complaint to 911.

I remind you, I said "not to be a jerk", which implies doing exactly what you're suggesting. That doesn't mean you have to do it happily, with feelings of love for the person asking you to leave. I said, it's alright to be a little mad at the manager. I stand by that, but only "if" you went in not knowing the policy. Knowing the policy, I'll never have a reason for having feelings about the manager one way or another as I will never interact with him.

As for turnover, some industries have a lot more than others, and it's more acceptable. Having a varied resume in machining can be a good thing, as having experience with different machines, materials, etc. is always a plus. We had a saying that the reason they put wheels on machinist toolboxes was so we could roll them from one job to the next. In other industries I know it's frowned on. Having had several friends in restaurant management I can say with some authority that managers come and go frequently. So, having resumes out, is common. For a variety of reasons, some changes are the restaurant's choice, some are not. You can't really put much faith in your job security, so it pays to have other irons in the fire.

Yes if I were a cop, and asked to continually enforce rules or laws that violated my personal set of ethics, I would seek other employment. Either with an agency that didn't violate those ethics, or with a different line of work entirely. But maybe that's just me. I could go on, but we're beating a dead horse.

Mel
The last thing I want to do is shoot anyone, but it's on the list...
quychang
Sniper

Postby morcey2 » Thu 28 Mar 2013 8:32 am

Just to add to this one:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/28/bu ... erve-cops/

A Buffalo Wild Wings waitress refused to serve eight Virginia police officers because their guns were in full view in what the apologetic restaurant manager now says was a "misunderstanding."

The plainclothes Prince William County police officers stopped in at the Manassas restaurant on March 20, presumably to dig in to the popular chain's specialty, but never got the chance. An unidentified server told them they would have to put their service guns out of sight before being served. Scott Lupton, general manager of the store, said he heard about the incident from Daryl LaClair, a local man who contacted restaurant representatives afterward. Lupton denied reports that the county's Finest were asked to leave.

Matt
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Certified Shotgun Instructor
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor.
NRA Certified Muzzleloading Rifle Instructor
NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
Purveyor of bad jokes.
morcey2
Expert Marksman

Postby PorterN » Tue 27 Aug 2013 4:18 pm

Crappy service giving people crappier food in the crappiest environment I've ever been in. I hate the place and will never go back. :ack:
PorterN
Marksman

Postby raygun » Tue 27 Aug 2013 4:48 pm

I have no idea where this thread is heading because I'm not going to read 3 pages of posts. Anyway, I have open carried at the Lehi location and the restaurant in west valley with pretty much no problems. One time a server told me that even though he carries concealed that the restaurant didn't like it and that I should "cover up." I didn't and didn't hear anything else about it.
raygun
Novice

Postby gravedancer » Tue 27 Aug 2013 6:23 pm

quychang wrote:

Mel

I hate my companies firearms policy.... but I like my job. Providing for the family takes precedence over my scruples in this case.
http://bit.ly/2vHUiug will get you around the auto filtering of the domain on this site
gravedancer
Sniper

Postby bagpiper » Wed 28 Aug 2013 1:18 pm

gravedancer wrote:
I hate my companies firearms policy.... but I like my job. Providing for the family takes precedence over my scruples in this case.

Same boat. But in 20 years of professional work, I've yet to work for an employer with a good firearms policy.

Even retail businesses with good firearm policies for the customers almost always impose anti-RKBA restrictions on employees.

I'm not aware of a single company large enough to have corporate offices outside Utah that have a good RKBA policies for employees. There are a few local businesses that are ok on this front. And if you run your own business you can set policies as you see fit.

No job is perfect; but mine is pretty good. Of the few things I'd change, my inability to carry on the job is about dead last on my list of practical concerns. Admittedly, the fact that I do most of my work during daylight hours, at a desk, inside a modestly secure building is part of that equation.

I have to provide for myself and my family. Until I can find an equally good job with better RKBA, I won't be leaving over RKBA issues.

Charles
bagpiper
Sniper

Previous

Return to Boycott List