Buffalo Wild Wings

This is where to post the names of places to boycott because they have anti-gun, anti-freedom stances or policies. Any posts advocating boycotts must explain the reasons for the boycotts including, if possible, documentary proof, such as links to business web sites or news articles.

Re: Buffalo Wild Wings

Postby Snurd » Tue 17 Jul 2012 2:35 pm

althor wrote:
RoccoRacer wrote:What is harder for me to understand is that a manager [likely unarmed] is okay approaching an armed person to tell them their firearm is not welcome at the establishment. I wasn't there, maybe he was sweating bullets at the sight of the firearm, but if not, doesn't that just show the absurdity of the policy?

Why should that be hard to understand. Do you feel like those carrying weapons are not in control of their emotions or something?

I believe what he is trying to say is, if the manager thinks that someone with a gun is some sort of threat, it is stupid for them to approach such a person. Especially if the manager is unarmed.
Snurd
Posse

Postby althor » Tue 17 Jul 2012 2:43 pm

Snurd wrote:
althor wrote:
RoccoRacer wrote:What is harder for me to understand is that a manager [likely unarmed] is okay approaching an armed person to tell them their firearm is not welcome at the establishment. I wasn't there, maybe he was sweating bullets at the sight of the firearm, but if not, doesn't that just show the absurdity of the policy?

Why should that be hard to understand. Do you feel like those carrying weapons are not in control of their emotions or something?

I believe what he is trying to say is, if the manager thinks that someone with a gun is some sort of threat, it is stupid for them to approach such a person. Especially if the manager is unarmed.

I did not infer that the manager thought he was a threat, I read that the manager informed him that it was against policy and that he couldn't have it there.
althor
Sharp Shooter

Postby Snurd » Tue 17 Jul 2012 2:45 pm

I didn't say you inferred that. I'm saying that is what I believe Rocco was trying to get at.
Snurd
Posse

Postby althor » Tue 17 Jul 2012 3:15 pm

Snurd wrote:I didn't say you inferred that. I'm saying that is what I believe Rocco was trying to get at.

I know that you didn't say that. I was trying to beat around the bush instead of coming right out and saying that I thought the comment was ridiculous. He was obviously addressing a policy issue, not sweating bullets fearing for his life or for an escalation of violence or some other negative result.
althor
Sharp Shooter

Postby UtahJarhead » Wed 18 Jul 2012 9:41 am

Guys, when it's a company-wide policy, it's useless to get mad at a manager or ask rhetorical questions like "Well why did he walk up to us if we're so dangerous?"

I understand your frustration, but he has no choice in the matter. It's his JOB that he's doing, that's it. He's got a choice between feeding his family or not. I am all for boycotting them, but don't get mad at a single manager because of a corporate policy.
DO NOT talk to cops! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc
Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer, NRA Certified Pistol/Rifle Instructor
Cub Master
Art Scheel
UtahJarhead
Top Shot

Postby gravedancer » Wed 18 Jul 2012 10:32 am

Kevin Jensen wrote:A side note... Manager "Russ" asked if him and I had spoken about this before, I told him this was my first visit to this restaurant. Apparently, another bearded OC'er was asked to remove his firearm prior to my visit. He stated that this "gentleman" was less than pleasant, and called the police to "save him". :roll: Obviously, the Lehi police showed up, sided with the restaurant, and told Mr. bearded OC'er to take a hike. Any of you heroes wanna own up to that one? :raisedbrow:

I think anyone on this forum knows better than to call the police to "save them" especially when it comes to a dispute over open carrying.
http://bit.ly/2vHUiug will get you around the auto filtering of the domain on this site
gravedancer
Sniper

Postby RoccoRacer » Wed 18 Jul 2012 10:50 am

althor wrote:
Snurd wrote:I didn't say you inferred that. I'm saying that is what I believe Rocco was trying to get at.

I know that you didn't say that. I was trying to beat around the bush instead of coming right out and saying that I thought the comment was ridiculous. He was obviously addressing a policy issue, not sweating bullets fearing for his life or for an escalation of violence or some other negative result.

And my comment was simply to point out how silly a "no guns" policy is in a place where people don't seem put off by them at all. Is the manager in danger of losing his job if he allows someone to open carry in the restaurant?
Regardless, I do not live near a "B-Dubs" and don't plan on giving them my business anyway.
Ben
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?
Mohandas Gandhi
RoccoRacer
Sharp Shooter

Postby xwing » Tue 24 Jul 2012 4:49 pm

BW3 is known nationwide for their strict anti-gun policy. Talking with corporate is a joke. They wouldn't even consider listening.
xwing
Novice

Postby AlanM » Wed 25 Jul 2012 6:13 am

xwing wrote:BW3 is known nationwide for their strict anti-gun policy. Talking with corporate is a joke. They wouldn't even consider listening.

I'll second that. I know for sure that they are CPZs (Criminal Protection Zones) in Ohio and Virginia.
The only CPZ restaurant I know of in Charlottesville is the one BW3.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
AlanM
Sharp Shooter

Postby Tenuki » Wed 25 Jul 2012 10:04 pm

I tried out BWW a couple weeks ago. I was loosely concealing my XDm in an OWB with my shirt thrown over the top, as was my buddy. We weren't trying very hard to conceal but apparently nobody noticed.

I won't go back. Food wasn't that good. I liked the atmosphere, which may have drawn me back, but knowing that they are so anti just ends all possibilities of them receiving my business again.
Tenuki
Marksman

Postby YoZUpZ » Wed 08 Aug 2012 10:55 pm

B Cart wrote:Don't worry about not eating there, because the food isn't that great. :crying:

I used to live back east and we would at at Buffalo Wild wings all the time. I was stoked when they finally put one in here.... until I actually ate there. For some reason, the food at the Lehi location just wasn't very good when I ate there. Back east they have GREAT wings, but here - not so much.

That's good to know... I used to go to BWW all the time in North Carolina, and was super excited when I was driving to Provo and saw the one go up in Lehi/AF... Guess I have two reasons not to go there... I'll stick with Wing Coop (and I'll have to check out Wing Nutz).
YoZUpZ
Marksman

Postby gravedancer » Thu 09 Aug 2012 9:03 am

RoccoRacer wrote:And my comment was simply to point out how silly a "no guns" policy is in a place where people don't seem put off by them at all. Is the manager in danger of losing his job if he allows someone to open carry in the restaurant?
Regardless, I do not live near a "B-Dubs" and don't plan on giving them my business anyway.

He quite possibly could be, especially if there were any sort of incident (good or bad) involving the guy with a gun and it attracted media attention. Remember that not too long ago, we had a thread about a scumbag who got killed during an armed robbery by an armed store manager, and the scumbags mom is suing the store because the managers bosses "failed to enforce the companies no firearms policies, thereby putting plaintiffs son in danger".

With companies, especially big companies, most policies are written by lawyers, who think in terms of only one thing: What policies do we need to be able to point to to prevent us from getting sued if something happens. As others have said... dont get mad at the manager. Hes just trying to keep his job.
http://bit.ly/2vHUiug will get you around the auto filtering of the domain on this site
gravedancer
Sniper

Postby TIinSLC » Fri 12 Oct 2012 9:27 am

Glock 35, now that's open carrying! :thumbup:
TIinSLC
Marksman

Postby quychang » Fri 12 Oct 2012 7:05 pm

. As others have said... dont get mad at the manager. Hes just trying to keep his job.

As others have said, I won't get mad at the manager, I simply won't give them my business. However, the manager does have a choice. If he really disagreed with the policy, he'd be working somewhere else. He has the same choice we have, vote with your feet.

So...go ahead and get a little mad at the manager, just don't be a jerk and make us all look bad.

Mel
The last thing I want to do is shoot anyone, but it's on the list...
quychang
Sniper

Postby althor » Fri 12 Oct 2012 7:23 pm

quychang wrote:
. As others have said... dont get mad at the manager. Hes just trying to keep his job.

As others have said, I won't get mad at the manager, I simply won't give them my business. However, the manager does have a choice. If he really disagreed with the policy, he'd be working somewhere else. He has the same choice we have, vote with your feet.

So...go ahead and get a little mad at the manager, just don't be a jerk and make us all look bad.

Mel

If you get mad at the manager for doing his job, perhaps something necessary to keep his job, then you are being a jerk.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
althor
Sharp Shooter

PreviousNext

Return to Boycott List