Groupon

This is where to post the names of places to boycott because they have anti-gun, anti-freedom stances or policies. Any posts advocating boycotts must explain the reasons for the boycotts including, if possible, documentary proof, such as links to business web sites or news articles.

Groupon

Postby rpyne » Mon 21 Jan 2013 5:52 pm

Groupon has announced that they are cancelling all current or future deals relating to firearms or shooting.

Here is the message I just sent to them:

Due to your decision to cancel all perfectly legal firearm and shooting related deals. I hereby direct you to delete my account and remove all records containing or linked to my name or email address. Companies who choose to support the violation or destruction of the rights guaranteed by United States Constitution are offensive to the freedoms protected by this great nation and to all people who love liberty.

Verify that this action has been completed and then NEVER contact me again.
"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech as the 1964 Republican Presidential candidate.
rpyne
Expert Marksman

Re: Groupon

Postby RoccoRacer » Mon 21 Jan 2013 6:04 pm

That's too bad. The only Groupon I ever purchased was one to Al's Sporting Goods which I used to buy ammo. :lol:
Ben
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?
Mohandas Gandhi
RoccoRacer
Sharp Shooter

Postby Car Knocker » Mon 21 Jan 2013 6:13 pm

From the LA Times:
Groupon Inc. is canceling all its firearm offers a month after the shooting massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School last month in Connecticut.

“All scheduled and current gun-related deals featured on Groupon North America, including shooting ranges, conceal-and-carry and clay shooting, have been placed on hiatus while we review internal standards that shape the deal inventory we feature,” said spokeswoman Julie Mossler in an emailed statement Monday.

“The category is under review following recent consumer and merchant feedback," she wrote.

The Chicago company didn’t explain why it made its move or how long the shutdown would last.

Expired gun deals displayed on the site from last year have proved immensely popular. One bargain for up to 58% off a shooting range package in Atlanta was purchased by more than 1,000 people.

Groupon is far from the first company to back away from any dealings with weapons in the aftermath of the Connecticut tragedy.

Private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management said last month that it is selling its investment in Freedom Group, which produces the Bushmaster line of firearms. A Bushmaster rifle was used in the Dec. 14 attack.

Outdoor products retailer Cabela’s stopped offering the rifle at its Connecticut store. Dick’s Sporting Goods pulled modern sporting rifles from all its locations.

http://www.latimes.com/business/money/l ... 1048.story
Don

-->insert witty and/or inspirational message here<--
Car Knocker
Posse

Postby Snaggle » Mon 21 Jan 2013 6:20 pm

I have grown tired of this knee jerk reaction. I, as well, have discontinued doing business with Groupon.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -Thomas Jefferson circa 1776
www.utahccwcarry.com
Snaggle
Sharp Shooter

Postby Cheyenne20 » Mon 21 Jan 2013 6:23 pm

Me too. Groupon is nothing more than a spam engine anyway. No matter how many times I would adjust me email settings, they kept coming.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD
The 2nd Admendment... Washington didn't use his rights to free speech to defeat the British... He shot them.
Cheyenne20
Expert Marksman

Postby FrankenHollow » Mon 21 Jan 2013 7:12 pm

Snaggle wrote:I have grown tired of this knee jerk reaction. I, as well, have discontinued doing business with Groupon.

I never did (due to some of their business practices), and most certainly won't now.

(Edit: Wow. I can't believe no one caught the stupendous typo that I missed.)
Last edited by FrankenHollow on Tue 22 Jan 2013 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I need a new signature. This one sucks.
FrankenHollow
Sniper

Postby sk8erord » Mon 21 Jan 2013 7:43 pm

The last thing I bought from them was a cfp class for the wife. They've lost any future business and will hear from me as well.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
sk8erord
Novice

Postby Cinhil » Tue 22 Jan 2013 12:27 am

Did anyone else catch the media sponsored, and presumably believed, comment concerning a Bushmaster having been used at Sandy Hook when clearly that is a false comment?
What part of "Shall not be infringed" is not being abused today!

Even Knights had "Modern" weapons!

'Sed quis custodiet ipsos cutodes' ("Who watches the watchmen?”)."
Cinhil
Sniper

Postby DaKnife » Tue 22 Jan 2013 3:33 am

Don't know about the confirmation of the brand but an AR-15 was used. Despite repeated efforts of some to dispute that fact via various Youtube clips, the official record is that most of the wounds were by a .223. First was the big long video that tried to disprove many things, now another video is going around with some media stating that there was actually no rifle involved. People are trying to claim the video was from just a few days ago when in fact it originated just after the shooting but before the ME's statement to the Press where he stated that the majority of the wounds were from a .223.

Maybe he was wrong but I have not seen one report dated after that ME statement that contradicts him. Stopping sales was a knee jerk reaction but the reason for the knee jerk reaction is correct even if the action is not.
SPOOOOOOON!!!

WARNING: This comment may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm, in every other state it may increase intelligence and knowledge.
DaKnife
Sniper

Postby Snurd » Tue 22 Jan 2013 12:14 pm

I sent them a notice telling them to delete my account immediately. I did tell them why, of course. :disgusted:

(Sent from iSnurd)
Snurd
Posse

Postby utahbigguns » Wed 23 Jan 2013 5:39 am

Here is the link on youtube that started it all.
CCW Instuctor was dropped from the coupon website.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6fmKJsghG8
(Too many to list, LOL)
"An Armed Society is a A Polite Society"
utahbigguns
Novice

Postby RoccoRacer » Wed 23 Jan 2013 7:26 am

I unsubscribed from all their emails a long time ago, to what email address did you send the request to delete your account?
Ben
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?
Mohandas Gandhi
RoccoRacer
Sharp Shooter

Postby Snurd » Wed 23 Jan 2013 7:28 am

I couldn't find an email address on their lame site. I went through the "contact us" portion like I was having a problem with their site or something.

(Sent from iSnurd)
Snurd
Posse

Postby Crash » Wed 23 Jan 2013 10:15 am

Just sent a letter and canceled my account. Even if you don't have an account, go here and complain.

https://www.groupon.com/support
Crash...
crashbob.com

I am not a lawyer

"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent
Crash
Sharp Shooter

Postby Crash » Wed 23 Jan 2013 10:27 am

Also found an email address. Email to this address is how to cancel your account.

EDIT: Actually include the email address...

[email protected]

My email:

Due to your ridiculous policies directly opposed to my second ammendment rights, I want you to delete my account immediately and remove my email address from any future contact lists. I'm ashamed to have ever bought from Groupon. Do not contact me again beyond confirmation of removal of my account.
Last edited by Crash on Wed 23 Jan 2013 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crash...
crashbob.com

I am not a lawyer

"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent
Crash
Sharp Shooter

Next

Return to Boycott List