Groupon

This is where to post the names of places to boycott because they have anti-gun, anti-freedom stances or policies. Any posts advocating boycotts must explain the reasons for the boycotts including, if possible, documentary proof, such as links to business web sites or news articles.

Re: Groupon

Postby FrankenHollow » Wed 23 Jan 2013 12:51 pm

You forgot to post the address. :lol2:
I need a new signature. This one sucks.
FrankenHollow
Sniper

Postby Snurd » Thu 24 Jan 2013 10:58 am

Here is the email I received from Groupon when I told them to delete my account.

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us.

We understand that this is a sensitive topic, and that some of our customers may not agree with our choice to pause the promotion of firearm-related deals. Groupon has always aimed to offer a diverse range of products and services to meet the various tastes and interests of our subscribers. However, at this time, enough customers and merchants have voiced their opinions that we believe a hiatus is warranted.

Please note that we have never sold guns, and this hiatus only applies to firearm-related deals including shooting ranges, clay pigeon shooting, and concealed weapons training classes. We have not made a final determination regarding this category -- we are simply taking a break and may reevaluate in the future.

Per your request, I've unsubscribed this email address. You will stop receiving Groupon promotional emails within 48 hours. I can also close your account, but I want to be sure you're aware that once it is closed, you will no longer be able to access previously purchased vouchers on Groupon.com, and any existing Groupon Bucks will be voided. Please let me know if you would like to proceed.

We genuinely appreciate your opinion and the feedback you've given us. I'll be sure to share your comments with the appropriate people.

Regards,

Liam W
Groupon Customer Support

In short, I told them to not to close my account, but to delete it, and that I would not support them ever again because of their actions.

(Sent from iSnurd)
Snurd
Posse

Postby RoccoRacer » Fri 25 Jan 2013 2:02 pm

I got that same email and replied that I did, in fact, want them to delete my account. Here's what I got the second time:
groupon wrote:Hi Ben,

I have deleted your account. We appreciate your perspective and will be sure that your feedback is communicated to the appropriate parties.

Regards,

Groupon Customer Support
Ben
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?
Mohandas Gandhi
RoccoRacer
Sharp Shooter

Postby NormanXDm » Fri 25 Jan 2013 6:13 pm

Ha! I got the same email this afternoon - and replied "Delete my account."

;)
"Be nice. Everyone you meet is facing a hard battle." - Marjorie P. Hinckley
NormanXDm
Sniper

Postby Cheyenne20 » Fri 25 Jan 2013 6:17 pm

Me too! I wonder if they are realizing that supposed complaints that they received against gun ads are now being outweighed by cancelled accounts. :grin:

Sent from my phone via tapatalk...
The 2nd Admendment... Washington didn't use his rights to free speech to defeat the British... He shot them.
Cheyenne20
Expert Marksman

Postby Crash » Fri 25 Jan 2013 9:40 pm

I got my reply this afternoon, but it said that my account was deleted. No further attempts to string me along. Maybe they are getting the hint. I was really hoping they did try to give me one last chance so I could tell them where to put those bonus points or whatever.
Crash...
crashbob.com

I am not a lawyer

"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent
Crash
Sharp Shooter

Previous

Return to Boycott List