Armalite's big mistake?

This is where to post the names of places to boycott because they have anti-gun, anti-freedom stances or policies. Any posts advocating boycotts must explain the reasons for the boycotts including, if possible, documentary proof, such as links to business web sites or news articles.

Re: Armalite's big mistake?

Postby Zacharia » Tue 19 Feb 2013 8:28 am

UtahJarhead wrote:This is gonna hurt and hurt big.
Dear concerned gun owner,

First of all I would like to say thank you for filling my email with all this spam email.

Second, I am not sure where you got this blanket email from to send out as spam, but please stop it.

Third, The manufacture is not the one you need to convince.

You need to convince the law enforcement agencies and the common people about their mistake in electing these officials and have them removed. Again NOT the manufacture.

AR Stands for ArmaLite…

Respectfully,

Pat Raley
[email protected]
Master Armorer / Sales Rep.
ArmaLite, Inc.
P.O. Box 299
Geneseo, IL. 61254

Whoa.... Where did this come from?! Is this a verified response?
Zacharia
Sniper

Postby UtahJarhead » Tue 19 Feb 2013 8:58 am

DO NOT talk to cops! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc
Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer, NRA Certified Pistol/Rifle Instructor
Cub Master
Art Scheel
UtahJarhead
Top Shot

Postby sigmanluke » Tue 19 Feb 2013 9:09 am

As a LEO, I agree that if the citizens of a certain jurisdiction can not purchase a certain firearm, the officers, deputies, agents etc. who work that jurisdiction should not be able to either. I know there are some in my field of work who will disagree with me, and that's fine. I think what Armalite is doing is underhanded. I don't think myself any different than the citizens I work around, what applies to one should apply to all.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson
sigmanluke
Marksman

Postby DaKnife » Tue 19 Feb 2013 12:49 pm

Please note that the Official statement I quoted was in reply to queries about the email Utahjarhead posted.

So you guys think it's okay to deny citizens the opportunity to purchase Armalite (or any) products because they are employed by a police dept/agency that doesn't respect the constitution? Remember it's been stated many times that police officers are citizens as well. That's what Armalite is saying. Those citizens who work as police officers will not be denied the opportunity to purchase. Just Armalite will not sell to any agencies. Actually I think this is easier to implement than the blanket bans. They don't have to ask if an individual is a police officer and what dept he works for. They can and will continue to sell to any citizen lawfully able to purchase firearms wherever such sales are legal, but will not sell to agencies that ignore the 2nd Amendment.
SPOOOOOOON!!!

WARNING: This comment may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm, in every other state it may increase intelligence and knowledge.
DaKnife
Sniper

Postby RoccoRacer » Tue 19 Feb 2013 1:10 pm

I think that as citizens, LEOs should play by the same rules as everyone else. Would anyone here suggest that a LEO is above the law? Then, in the case of states that have legislated assault weapons bans, why should a LEO have the right to privately purchase a rifle that any other citizen of that state cannot?
Ben
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?
Mohandas Gandhi
RoccoRacer
Sharp Shooter

Previous

Return to Boycott List