Lee Kay Center

This is where to post the names of places to boycott because they have anti-gun, anti-freedom stances or policies. Any posts advocating boycotts must explain the reasons for the boycotts including, if possible, documentary proof, such as links to business web sites or news articles.

Re:

Postby xRapidDavex » Tue 24 Mar 2009 8:35 pm

CR500AF wrote:Well I guess we all know that you'll be wearing a khaki button up shirt with a plastic badge, and a pair of Carhartt jeans as an old man. I guess that is another option to go along with either a blue apron (Lowes) or an orange apron (Home Depot) during the retirement years. :lolbang:

Yeah, I'm definitely replying to an old post but this was completely juvenile.
It's not so much that the gun does or doesn't do what it's supposed to, it's simply not running anymore. So if it doesn't run, what I do is sort of wang on it until it does.

-Clint Smith [on malfunction clearances]
xRapidDavex
Sniper

Re: Lee Kay Center

Postby rufus » Wed 25 Mar 2009 5:22 am

Don't worry about it...anyone who works out there has a skin that's about three inches thick.

On a very happy note, due to pressure on the Governor, the Legislature, the Director of DWR, and the management out there, (thanks everyone!!!!) starting on April 5th the center will once again open on Sundays from 9:00 to 2:00 with a possibility of longer hours depending on staff.

We are always looking for good people. The pay sucks (nothing), but it really is a lot of fun.
rufus
Marksman

Re: Re:

Postby CR500AF » Wed 25 Mar 2009 8:18 am

xRapidDavex wrote:
CR500AF wrote:Well I guess we all know that you'll be wearing a khaki button up shirt with a plastic badge, and a pair of Carhartt jeans as an old man. I guess that is another option to go along with either a blue apron (Lowes) or an orange apron (Home Depot) during the retirement years. :lolbang:

Yeah, I'm definitely replying to an old post but this was completely juvenile.

Lighten up it was a joke!
"Protecting Families & Making Utah Safe"

Utah Concealed Firearm Instructor
NRA Instructor
NRA Member
CR500AF
Marksman

Postby xRapidDavex » Thu 26 Mar 2009 5:06 pm

I was looking at Lee Kay's site and couldn't find hours of operation:

http://utahshootingsports.com/leekay.htm

We are planning to go on April 1st (Wednesday). Do you guys know what time they close?
It's not so much that the gun does or doesn't do what it's supposed to, it's simply not running anymore. So if it doesn't run, what I do is sort of wang on it until it does.

xRapidDavex
Sniper

Postby rufus » Thu 26 Mar 2009 7:16 pm

I can't tell you for sure til I get to work tomorrow morning and look at the schedule. I'd rather tell you later than tell you wrong.
rufus
Marksman

Postby rufus » Fri 27 Mar 2009 5:05 am

On Wednesday, April 1 they will close at 5:00. After the Sunday opening on the 5th, they will be open on Wed. Thur. Fri. until 7:00.
rufus
Marksman

Postby xRapidDavex » Fri 27 Mar 2009 11:15 am

Thanks rufus :thumbsup:

By the way, you're not telling me its closing early on Wednesday April 1st just because its April Fool's Day are ya? :lol2:

xRapidDavex
Sniper

Postby rufus » Fri 27 Mar 2009 5:29 pm

Nah, you've got to realize the state doesn't have that much of a sense of humor (legislature doesn't count).
rufus
Marksman

Postby R.Taylor » Sat 04 Apr 2009 3:44 pm

Rufus, What are the new Sunday hours. I haven't been able to go since they closed and am really excited for tomorrow.
RT
R.Taylor
Novice

Postby rufus » Sat 04 Apr 2009 4:54 pm

Its going to be from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM for now.
rufus
Marksman

Postby R.Taylor » Sun 05 Apr 2009 2:16 pm

I had another great day at Lee Kay!
RT
R.Taylor
Novice

Postby xRapidDavex » Sun 05 Apr 2009 2:46 pm

:thewave:

xRapidDavex
Sniper

Postby sweet'olbob » Mon 20 Apr 2009 11:23 am

Im new here so please bear with me, don't know if this is in the right place. Been shooting all around like west of utah lake, out in the west desert and so on. Went to Holliday and thought it was ok, but not greaat. Indorr ranges are just too loud and confined for me. Went to Lee Kay a couple times and this is what happened. Went on the 70 yard range to find out its really a 50 and got set up. Within 5 minutes I was told I didn't know what I was doing, my pistol was a piece of crap and the range nazi I was talking to knew a gunsmith and could fix my gun right up. Stayed about half hour and left disgusted. Went back with a friend last week and the same guy was there, but there were two of the old guys there in the button up shirts. They treated me good and gave me a little advice. Work with the old greybeards. Ill have to think twice before going back
sweet'olbob
Novice

Postby WPI*Tom » Thu 30 Apr 2009 9:47 am

I always thought that this was a state owned building. If that is the case how can they stop us from carrying in there. I say we not just protest by not going there but I say we hold a protest out in front. Its time we do more then just not go to a place but show up in strength but then I am not the type of person who just seats there and does nothing.
WPI*Tom
Novice

Postby rufus » Thu 30 Apr 2009 2:44 pm

Lee Kay, like some other places, has every shooter sign the "book" at the front counter. You print your name then sign your name. I've had to do this at other ranges and other types of facilities. At the top of the sign in page is a statement the reads, more or less, that you will comply with range policies and the policies enumerated on the sheet opposite where you sign. It's right there in front of you. Now folks, this page WAS written by a lawyer. It lists the normal common sense things you would expect as well as an agreement that you will not open carry while on the range. It's that simple. If you cannot comply with the agreement you have signed, you lose your shooting privileges. Remember, you have agreed in writing not to open carry. The only exception is a peace officer displaying a badge. This is one of the instances where most people don't bother to read what they are signing. This page is also clearly posted on the pistol range if there are questions.
On a much happier note, the official policy concerning suppressed weapons has finally changed to what it should have been all along. Make sure you bring your paperwork, be prepared to show it and have fun. Common sense has prevailed.
rufus
Marksman

PreviousNext

Return to Boycott List