Time to add Starbucks

This is where to post the names of places to boycott because they have anti-gun, anti-freedom stances or policies. Any posts advocating boycotts must explain the reasons for the boycotts including, if possible, documentary proof, such as links to business web sites or news articles.

Re: Time to add Starbucks

Postby Snaggle » Tue 24 Sep 2013 4:41 pm

etcollins wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OVrXF-NB0E

Exactly!

Thanks for the link. I could not agree with him more. I have always had an opposition to the OCing of long guns for political purposes. I have had an equal position of respecting private property rights, even those open to the public.

I truly feel Starbucks is handling this as professionally and politically correct as possible. I for one will increase my business with them.

I hope this teaches those people that read a few lines of law, usually from a forum, feel they are above reproach and record themselves being idiots. See youtube. i.e. markedguardian
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -Thomas Jefferson circa 1776
www.utahccwcarry.com
Snaggle
Sharp Shooter

Postby DaKnife » Thu 26 Sep 2013 1:49 am

Handled as Professionally and politically as possible? They could have just requested no more long guns, or even no more open carry, instead the letter said "Do not bring your firearms." No exceptions, no appealing to common sense, no simply asking to be a little less aggressive. No he implemented a soft (very soft) no firearms rule.
SPOOOOOOON!!!

WARNING: This comment may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm, in every other state it may increase intelligence and knowledge.
DaKnife
Sniper

Postby Hawk87 » Thu 26 Sep 2013 4:17 am

DaKnife wrote:Handled as Professionally and politically as possible? They could have just requested no more long guns, or even no more open carry, instead the letter said "Do not bring your firearms." No exceptions, no appealing to common sense, no simply asking to be a little less aggressive. No he implemented a soft (very soft) no firearms rule.

A view our side pushed them too. They wanted to say out of it, but people were idiots and forced their hand. Their policy makes sense from a business standpoint.

Fwiw I think there is a lesson to be learned here.
All it takes for evil to succeed in the world is for good men to do nothing
Hawk87
Sniper

Postby Snaggle » Thu 26 Sep 2013 8:08 am

DaKnife wrote:Handled as Professionally and politically as possible? They could have just requested no more long guns, or even no more open carry, instead the letter said "Do not bring your firearms." No exceptions, no appealing to common sense, no simply asking to be a little less aggressive. No he implemented a soft (very soft) no firearms rule.

I understand what you are saying. As Hawk pointed out. This is our doing. Shame on us for using their private business for political purposes and interfering with their business.

We could have been more respectful of their wishes. They should not have to ask. It is our responsibility to respect their rights as much as we are asking them to respect ours.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -Thomas Jefferson circa 1776
www.utahccwcarry.com
Snaggle
Sharp Shooter

Postby faydee » Thu 26 Sep 2013 8:11 am

Hawk87 wrote:

A view our side pushed them too. They wanted to say out of it, but people were idiots and forced their hand. Their policy makes sense from a business standpoint.

but it will fall on deaf ears cause why shouldn't they be able to open carry a Barrett 50cal sniper rifle to Sears to get the new Martha Stewart collection pot holders...
Using the lessons I've gleaned from Zombie movies, I would recommend you have at least one round of ammunition per person currently living within a 30 mile radius of your location...

III%
faydee
Sniper

Postby Doctor Jenks » Thu 26 Sep 2013 8:28 am

faydee wrote:
Hawk87 wrote:

but it will fall on deaf ears cause why shouldn't they be able to open carry a Barrett 50cal sniper rifle to Sears to get the new Martha Stewart collection pot holders...

This is a bad argument.

It could easily be said " why shouldn't they be able to open carry a Glock 9mm handgun to Sears to get the new Martha Stewart collection pot holders..." they should be able to. Maybe it's just not always the best idea
:|

I don't open carry, but I recognize people's right to do so. However I think it's a bad idea to open carry an AR-15, right now... As stated by others

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4
M&P 40 Pro
Doctor Jenks
Sharp Shooter

Postby faydee » Thu 26 Sep 2013 8:52 am

exactly Doc.. it is the people OC'ing long rifles IMO that are causing the problems... no one hardly notices a pistol... hence the reference above with the 50cal
Using the lessons I've gleaned from Zombie movies, I would recommend you have at least one round of ammunition per person currently living within a 30 mile radius of your location...

III%
faydee
Sniper

Postby Ruminus » Fri 27 Sep 2013 1:30 am

faydee wrote:
Hawk87 wrote:

You could hang a lot of pot holders on a Barrett 50, sort of the firearm equivalent of a curtain rod.
Mike Hopkins
NRA Patron Life Member, Pistol Instructor, RSO
Gun Owners of America Member
Oathkeeper
Ruminus
Expert Marksman

Previous

Return to Boycott List