AARP

This is where to post the names of places to boycott because they have anti-gun, anti-freedom stances or policies. Any posts advocating boycotts must explain the reasons for the boycotts including, if possible, documentary proof, such as links to business web sites or news articles.

AARP

Postby rdoggsilva » Wed 07 May 2008 10:10 pm

This will not effect most here, since most of you are still wet behind the ears :lol: I do not belong to or will join AARP for there anti gun stand. I fell that older folks (such as myself) should protect themselves. There as been a increase in crime against folks 55 and older. And for the AARP to come out against us protecting ourselves, is just plain stupid. That is why I refuse to join them and encourage folks in my age group to not join. I have sent back apps to them stating my reasons and not yet received a reply. You can check out there standing with the NRA. Now I know you young whippersnappers are to young to join, but I thought I would state my reasons for why I am boycotting them.
John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you
rdoggsilva
Sniper

Re: AARP

Postby rufus » Thu 08 May 2008 5:49 am

Don't hold your breath waiting for a reply, you won't get one. Did the same as you five years ago, still getting the membership applications. Just so much more junk mail now. The organization doesn't care what you think, they just want the membership dues.
rufus
Marksman

Postby GeneticsDave » Thu 08 May 2008 7:58 am

If the enclosed return envelopes are prepaid (no postage necessary), then just stuff anything that doesn't have your name on it back in the envelope and send their junk back to them - that's what I do.
GeneticsDave
Sniper

Postby justintime » Thu 08 May 2008 9:02 am

Genetics Dave... may I ask why you don't send the ones that have your name on them? I have sent things back with my name on it, writing on it return to sender, refused delivery. I don't know if the mail carriers just trash it or not, but I feel better.
"No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson,
justintime
Novice

Postby rufus » Thu 08 May 2008 9:52 am

If you use their reply envelope, they have to pay the postage when it's delivered. Once upon a time I had some 1/16" thick lead sheet. I'd cut a piece the size of the envelope and mail that to certain companies. Hope they had fun paying that postage.
rufus
Marksman

Postby Paul » Thu 08 May 2008 11:03 am

rufus wrote:If you use their reply envelope, they have to pay the postage when it's delivered. Once upon a time I had some 1/16" thick lead sheet. I'd cut a piece the size of the envelope and mail that to certain companies. Hope they had fun paying that postage.

Thats funny.
For awhile I would write something like "I don't want your crap" on the stuff with my name on it, then stuff it and mail it back. Seemed to decrease the junk mail for awhile. I sent it with my name on it hoping it would get me off their lists. Got bored of doing that and now just throw it away rather than waste the 30 seconds it take to send it back.
-Paul
http://www.myfavoritegunstore.com
http://www.cachevalleycabinetsandtops.com
NRA Life Member
Utah CFP Instructor
Utah Hunters Education Instructor
NRA Rifle and Pistol Instructor and RSO
Front Sight President (ask me about memberships)
Paul
Forum Owner

Postby bane » Thu 08 May 2008 1:03 pm

PW wrote:
rufus wrote:If you use their reply envelope, they have to pay the postage when it's delivered. Once upon a time I had some 1/16" thick lead sheet. I'd cut a piece the size of the envelope and mail that to certain companies. Hope they had fun paying that postage.

Thats funny.
For awhile I would write something like "I don't want your crap" on the stuff with my name on it, then stuff it and mail it back. Seemed to decrease the junk mail for awhile. I sent it with my name on it hoping it would get me off their lists. Got bored of doing that and now just throw it away rather than waste the 30 seconds it take to send it back.

I despise junk mail. Considering my taxes subsidize it and it consumes my take and creates an unnecessary risk of identity theft, I personally think it should be illegal.
"Men cannot be enslaved politically until they have been disarmed ideologically. When they are so disarmed, it is the victims who take the lead in the process of their own destruction." -- Ayn Rand, Russian-American Philosopher (1905-1982).
bane
Sniper

Postby Paul » Thu 08 May 2008 3:27 pm

bane wrote: Considering my taxes subsidize it.

I'm not sure if that is true. I was always under the impression that the Post Office was a self sufficient entity. They had to operate on their own revenue.... any know for sure?
-Paul
NRA Life Member
Utah CFP Instructor
Paul
Forum Owner

Postby Paul » Thu 08 May 2008 3:36 pm

http://www.nalc.org/postal/perform/self ... #subsidize

"But direct subsidies to the USPS were phased out between 1972 and 1982. Today the USPS is funded entirely by revenues from postage."
-Paul
NRA Life Member
Utah CFP Instructor
Paul
Forum Owner

Postby Tarzan1888 » Fri 09 May 2008 1:53 pm

I got another letter from AARP yesterday, and I promptly tore it up and filed it in the round file. :crown:

Tarzan
1 Timothy 5:8

But if any aprovide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
Tarzan1888
Sniper

Postby gr8grandma » Fri 09 May 2008 2:09 pm

Is there an alternative to AARP for the services and information? In the same "general" formats? perhaps one that doesn't get the spotlight that should?

:huh: :huh:
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
-- Col. Jeff Cooper
gr8grandma
Novice

Postby Jeff Johnson » Fri 09 May 2008 3:44 pm

gr8grandma wrote:Is there an alternative to AARP for the services and information? In the same "general" formats? perhaps one that doesn't get the spotlight that should?

:huh: :huh:

60 Plus Association put in a friend of the court brief in support of RKBA in Heller vs. D.C.
IANAL => I Am Not A Lawyer
NRA Life Member | USSC | CCRKBA | UtahConcealedCarry.com
Jeff Johnson
Site Admin

Postby rdoggsilva » Fri 09 May 2008 8:11 pm

Jeff thanks a lot for the info. Just went to there site, like what they stand for.
John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you
rdoggsilva
Sniper

Postby Cowboy » Fri 09 May 2008 8:26 pm

I am still a few years away, but 60 plus gets my vote !! :thumbup:
Liberty is the right to choose, Freedom is the result of that choice.Unknown Source
Cowboy
Marksman

Postby sculptingmyguns » Thu 15 May 2008 11:56 am

I used to work for the Post Office. It is entirely self sufficient and is not funded by tax dollars.
sculptingmyguns

Next

Return to Boycott List