Convergys

This is where to post the names of places to boycott because they have anti-gun, anti-freedom stances or policies. Any posts advocating boycotts must explain the reasons for the boycotts including, if possible, documentary proof, such as links to business web sites or news articles.

Convergys

Postby handyrandyrc » Fri 06 Jan 2006 11:21 am

I don't know if this is necessarily a "boycott", but rather an FYI for folks that might work there (there are thousands in the valleys that do). Convergys has some VERY anti-gun rules.

You cannot have any sort of firearm or blade (of any length) at work. I guess even my little Leatherman Micra is a no-no. You cannot even have a firearm stored and secured IN YOUR vehicle on any of the company's parking lots. That goes for owned/leased/rented lots, whatever they may be.

I like to shoot on a lunch break when I can get away for an hour or so, and didn't know this rule until recently when I checked the written Company Policy. It's VERY specific. I think the only way I will be able to continue to enjoy shooting during a lunch is if I park on a public street during work.

Again, just an FYI for those that might be employees. Be very careful. It's a terminable offense.
handyrandyrc
Novice

Postby sculptingmyguns » Sat 29 Mar 2008 12:11 am

Part of the policy is from the group that manages the buildings that convergys leases, canyon park. They made a lot of these rules. You should not work for convergys on the principal of human decency alone and if you have any self respect, which evidently I did not for several years. I escaped from convergys a while ago and I'm so much happier and making a lot more money.
sculptingmyguns

Re: Convergys

Postby Jarubla » Fri 26 Feb 2010 2:48 pm

handyrandyrc wrote:You cannot even have a firearm stored and secured IN YOUR vehicle on any of the company's parking lots. That goes for owned/leased/rented lots, whatever they may be.

Thankfully the Utah House and Senate changed that last year!

-Jay
Give a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you'll never see him on the weekends
Jarubla
Sharp Shooter

Postby Cinhil » Fri 26 Feb 2010 5:03 pm

hMMM...perhaps you should bring up the fact that most women are carrying weapons with them daily in their purse, ie...
files--steel files are blades. Not to mention countless other items such as nail clippers which can be used as a blade too.
Sounds like a dispicable rules set to be under the thumb of.
What part of "Shall not be infringed" is not being abused today!

Even Knights had "Modern" weapons!

'Sed quis custodiet ipsos cutodes' ("Who watches the watchmen?”)."
Cinhil
Sniper

Re:

Postby Kloutier » Sun 16 May 2010 4:32 pm

sculptingmyguns wrote:Part of the policy is from the group that manages the buildings that convergys leases, canyon park. They made a lot of these rules. You should not work for convergys on the principal of human decency alone and if you have any self respect, which evidently I did not for several years. I escaped from convergys a while ago and I'm so much happier and making a lot more money.

-1 upon you sir. If its between me working there and getting food stamps I will work and keep my honor and laugh as you keep your self respect. If you are lucky to have a job be grateful.
People say I should not carry because it's not the Wild West. I say I carry because its much worse. Only 3 people died at the at the O.K. Corral and its a part of our nations history. If 3 people died in a 30 sec shootout today It might not make the news.
Kloutier
Sharp Shooter

Postby quercus.aeternam » Tue 18 May 2010 1:43 pm

Jarubla wrote:
handyrandyrc wrote:You cannot even have a firearm stored and secured IN YOUR vehicle on any of the company's parking lots. That goes for owned/leased/rented lots, whatever they may be.

Thankfully the Utah House and Senate changed that last year!

-Jay

Link, please?
quercus.aeternam
Novice

Postby Car Knocker » Tue 18 May 2010 2:25 pm

Don

-->insert witty and/or inspirational message here<--
Car Knocker
Posse

Postby quercus.aeternam » Thu 20 May 2010 10:32 am