Rocky Mountain Raceways

This is where to post the names of places to boycott because they have anti-gun, anti-freedom stances or policies. Any posts advocating boycotts must explain the reasons for the boycotts including, if possible, documentary proof, such as links to business web sites or news articles.

Re: Rocky Mountain Raceways

Postby slykly1 » Wed 04 Jan 2012 2:42 pm

I went to a Solidworks rollout there a few months ago and didn't see any signs.
I was concealing because my work asks me to conceal on company property so I figured since I was representing my company I should conceal there as well.
slykly1
Marksman

Postby jktseug » Mon 23 Jun 2014 5:11 pm

I was out here recently and I didn't see any sign, but didn't really look for it (I love living in Utah where signs have no force of law). After I handed over tickets for me and a friend that was with me, one of the security staff sounded very nervous/forceful asking me what was in the leather case. I told him that it was just a leatherman, opened the cover to show him, another person said "It is just a multi-tool". The first person then said it is ok but to leave it in its case.

I emailed the security director to ask about the policy on weapons and firearms and he indicated there are signs at both entrances and they do not allow any weapons on site.

I am going to have to drive by to look for the signs to confirm.

I am trying to decide how best to reply to the latest email, in support of our rights without being to forceful or saying that the security is a joke, for freaking out about my leatherman, but missing everything else.
"Don't handicap your children by making their lives easy."
"There is no such thing as luck; there is only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."
Robert A. Heinlein
jktseug
Expert Marksman

Postby Snurd » Mon 23 Jun 2014 5:58 pm

jktseug wrote:I was out here recently and I didn't see any sign, but didn't really look for it (I love living in Utah where signs have no force of law). After I handed over tickets for me and a friend that was with me, one of the security staff sounded very nervous/forceful asking me what was in the leather case. I told him that it was just a leatherman, opened the cover to show him, another person said "It is just a multi-tool". The first person then said it is ok but to leave it in its case.

I emailed the security director to ask about the policy on weapons and firearms and he indicated there are signs at both entrances and they do not allow any weapons on site.

I am trying to decide how best to reply to the latest email, in support of our rights without being to forceful or saying that the security is a joke, for freaking out about my leatherman, but missing everything else.

That's what you get for OCing a Leatherman. Way to go. :nilly:

It's been a number of months since I've been there, and I have only been there twice, but I remember seeing the sign at least once that they didn't allow firearms. They didn't have any wands though. :dunno:
Snurd
Posse

Postby althor » Mon 23 Jun 2014 7:15 pm

Snurd wrote:
jktseug wrote:I was out here recently and I didn't see any sign, but didn't really look for it (I love living in Utah where signs have no force of law). After I handed over tickets for me and a friend that was with me, one of the security staff sounded very nervous/forceful asking me what was in the leather case. I told him that it was just a leatherman, opened the cover to show him, another person said "It is just a multi-tool". The first person then said it is ok but to leave it in its case.

That's what you get for OCing a Leatherman. Way to go. :nilly:

It's been a number of months since I've been there, and I have only been there twice, but I remember seeing the sign at least once that they didn't allow firearms. They didn't have any wands though. :dunno:

Well, I guess he can write his letter and push them to start wanding I suppose.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
althor
Sharp Shooter

Previous

Return to Boycott List