UPDATE on Get Some Guns & Ammo...

This is where to post the names of places to boycott because they have anti-gun, anti-freedom stances or policies. Any posts advocating boycotts must explain the reasons for the boycotts including, if possible, documentary proof, such as links to business web sites or news articles.

Re: UPDATE on Get Some Guns & Ammo...

Postby Queen Kat » Tue 24 Mar 2009 1:42 pm

Althor-I can understand what you are saying, however, if you read my original post I was in no way trashing GSG&A. In fact, I recall saying that I didn't think I had the heart to call for a boycott. The reason it was posted in that forum is because it didn't seem to fit anywhere else on the board. I've been going to GSG&A for years and will continue to go now that I feel Stu has addressed the issue of my concern. The original post has been locked and there is a link to this resolution. Stu wasn't "hurt" over the original post existing so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Those on this board who know me personally know that I was not intending to "trash talk".
Queen Kat

"...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
Queen Kat
Marksman

Postby dons » Tue 24 Mar 2009 4:07 pm

althor wrote:I can't help but think that it would have been so much better to await their official response before trashing them on the internet. The internet is a great way to find and disseminate information, but its also a good way to ruin somebody who doesn't deserve it.

I see this often when it comes to customer service complaints. Maybe people don't have patience anymore, everything has to be 'right now'. I've read countless complaints and calls for boycotts only to find out that due to heavy workload, bad email addresses or some other reason that the person being trashed was unaware of the issue the whole time, or that the buyer did something wrong all along.

Of course it is also possible that the favorable response is due to pressure to correct an embarrassing policy while trying to play dumb... I just think it would have been better if that whole thread didn't exist, especially in light of the outcome.

I couldn't disagree more with this statement. If we just sit by and hope that "maybe" the issue will somehow resolve itself is just not right. Being in the service industry myself I know how vital customer feedback is to our business and we take it seriously. When we do receive negative comments we do everything in our power to correct the problem, if possible, and to make corrections to take care of the customer.

Granted we cannot always satisfy everyone but we know that we really have to try. One unhappy customer is going to tell seven others and all of a sudden what could have been a silly easy fix grown into something much bigger. The problem with GSG&A is that there have been many, many people that have been treated just like Kat was and they have made no attempt to correct the problem, I think everyone knows that they do have a problem. Only time will tell whether or not they take this into account and do some serious training with their sales people to ensure that they are more customer oriented. Customers today expect much more for their hard earned dollar, right or wrong.
Dum Spiro Spero
While I breathe, I hope
dons
Marksman

Postby althor » Tue 24 Mar 2009 5:55 pm

dons wrote:
althor wrote:I can't help but think that it would have been so much better to await their official response before trashing them on the internet. The internet is a great way to find and disseminate information, but its also a good way to ruin somebody who doesn't deserve it.

I see this often when it comes to customer service complaints. Maybe people don't have patience anymore, everything has to be 'right now'. I've read countless complaints and calls for boycotts only to find out that due to heavy workload, bad email addresses or some other reason that the person being trashed was unaware of the issue the whole time, or that the buyer did something wrong all along.

Of course it is also possible that the favorable response is due to pressure to correct an embarrassing policy while trying to play dumb... I just think it would have been better if that whole thread didn't exist, especially in light of the outcome.

I couldn't disagree more with this statement. If we just sit by and hope that "maybe" the issue will somehow resolve itself is just not right.

Plus, if we don't hurry and trash them as publicly as possible, and as fast as we can, they might just make it right and take that opportunity right out from under us. Good call! now lets teach those fools!
althor
Sharp Shooter

Postby dons » Wed 25 Mar 2009 5:52 am

Seems like they have had plenty of time to fix the problem but haven't. :ack:
Dum Spiro Spero
While I breathe, I hope
dons
Marksman

Postby althor » Wed 25 Mar 2009 7:42 am

dons wrote:Seems like they have had plenty of time to fix the problem but haven't. :ack:

Did you read the first post in this thread? Sounds like the problem is fixed. She received an apology, can purchase a firearm and she gets a free yearly membership on top of it. What else needs to be fixed?
althor
Sharp Shooter

Postby thejerk » Wed 25 Mar 2009 8:34 am

althor wrote:Did you read the first post in this thread? Sounds like the problem is fixed. She received an apology, can purchase a firearm and she gets a free yearly membership on top of it. What else needs to be fixed?

Did you read all of the other posts in the other thread? A lot of people needed/wanted to vent about bad service experiences at GSG&A. Sounds like the problem is bigger than Kat's isolated experience, and a lot needs to be fixed.
thejerk
Marksman

Postby glock fan » Sun 29 Mar 2009 3:14 pm

Though they may have "made peace" with one customer, I'm still not going there unless I have no other options. Glad to see that I wasn't the only one that received poor treatment. There's many other gun stores in UT that would love to have my business. Don't like stores that have the attitude of "we've got plenty of customers, so we really don't care if you shop elsewhere."

gf
My "favorite" gun is the one I have in my hand when I need it to defend myself.

glock fan
Expert Marksman

Postby dons » Sun 29 Mar 2009 3:52 pm

Yup and money speaks very loudly, especially when it isn't coming in their door. I just went into Dougs and plopped another $500 on a new gun and when it comes time for that AR and Kimber that I have my eye on it will NOT be at GSB&A. :!:

I don't know but after I posted that and used the exclamation smiley it kinda looks like a smiley butt crack, or a smiley moon! :lolbang:
Dum Spiro Spero
While I breathe, I hope
dons
Marksman

Postby randys » Mon 30 Mar 2009 7:03 pm

I've also gone into GSG&A and been made to feel that I was bothering them (the guy behind the sales counter not the people in charge of the range, they have always been very accomodating) as a result I have been taking my business to Cal Ranch and FBMG, I can't say enough good things about them. Just my 2 cents.
When the People fear thier Government, there is tyranny. When the Governmnent fears the People, there is Liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
randys
Marksman

Postby GeneticsDave » Thu 02 Apr 2009 3:18 pm

Went into GSG&A today. I was given a gift card so I thought I'd check the place out. It was smaller than I thought it would be, and darker. Not a dingy dark, but a classy, swanky dark - not sure what the purpose of that was... :shock:

I was asked a few times if I needed help and the guys behind the counter seemed nice, they let me see the guns I wanted and then said, "Let me know if you need anything else." It was busy, so to be honest, I didn't expect to be asked anything.

I was really impressed with their selection of accessories, they had a lot of items that I had never seen in local stores and thought could only be obtained online. Their selection of handguns was decent, a glass cabinet for each of the major calibers (9mm, 40 S&W, and 45 ACP) in the front and some smaller guns over in the back.

I was surprised to see so many AR parts and accessories and then such a limited number of long guns on the walls, granted they had more in a rack on the floor.

What surprised me more was their ammo and reloading supplies. I only gave it a cursory look, so I didn't pay attention to prices, but it looks like they were fairly stocked up.

I didn't buy anything, but may in the future. I didn't get the feeling that their service was exceptional, but I didn't get a bad vibe either, so... time will tell.
GeneticsDave
Sniper

Postby DangerCl0se » Thu 02 Apr 2009 3:42 pm

Hey, I was there today too! Heck, we probably saw each other and didn't know it!

Btw - if anyone is looking, they have windowed PMAGs, and quite a bit of 9mm ammo in stock.
Primary: CZ75 Compact L - Hornady Critical Defense - Concealment Solutions IWB
BUG: Sig P238 - Hornady Critical Defense - Concealment Solutions IWB
DangerCl0se
Novice

Postby GeneticsDave » Thu 02 Apr 2009 3:48 pm

DangerCl0se wrote:Btw - if anyone is looking, they have windowed PMAGs, and quite a bit of 9mm ammo in stock.

Yup, black maglevel pmags for $20.99 if I recall correctly. MSRP is like $17.99, and most of these are going for $25+ on KSL, so it's a good deal.
GeneticsDave
Sniper

Postby xRapidDavex » Thu 02 Apr 2009 5:27 pm

Today was the first day I went to Get Some and was greeted as I walked through the door. The guy behind the counter was very willing to help me out.
It's not so much that the gun does or doesn't do what it's supposed to, it's simply not running anymore. So if it doesn't run, what I do is sort of wang on it until it does.

-Clint Smith [on malfunction clearances]
xRapidDavex
Sniper

Postby GeneticsDave » Thu 02 Apr 2009 7:26 pm

I forgot to mention in my prior post something that did irk me about my visit today. Here it is:

There was this guy there, total n00b to guns. He's wearing a perfectly clean orange North Face jacket with jeans that had big yellow stitching (trendy I guess) and some brown running type shoes - so he's very attentive to his wardrobe is the best way of saying it.

He wanted to get a handgun, but didn't know what to get, had absolutely NO idea about anything. He didn't know how much it cost to "register" a gun (the $7.50 for a background check), and he was moving to New York City in a couple months and didn't know if he could take it with him, but guessed he could because "it isn't a machine gun". He also asked about how to get a permit and if he had to take a class or something, so I assumed he was considering carrying.

So the older gentleman behind the counter proceeds to pull out ALL the 45 ACP guns that are $950 or more on the price tags. I mean, he's got HKs and SIGs and Wilson Combat 1911s out there, big bulky guns, some with threaded barrels. The guy asks why he would need a threaded barrel and the clerk says for a silencer. The man asks why he would need a silencer and the clerk starts going off about how you don't need earplugs with a silencer and in fact, countries in Europe require you to use a silencer at their ranges and that silencers in Europe don't require a background check and some aren't even serialized... the guy was totally spacing off during this tangent.

Then the guy asks, "So what's the difference between a $1000 gun and one of these $500 guns?" as he points to the Springfield XDs and Glocks. The clerk replies that those (cheaper guns) are okay, but these are going to last longer and be more enjoyable to shoot. Thank goodness he decided not to buy today, what a terrible experience.

I don't understand this mentality. If you want to upsell someone on something, go sell cars. Get people to get the model with all the upgrades. Guns should not be sold this way. If you buy a gun this way you WILL regret it and likely end up selling it. Not everyone is an "operator" needing a threaded barreled HK USP. In fact most people wouldn't like that gun for a carry weapon. I always encourage people to spend less than $500 on their first gun. This lets them try something out without blowing the bank. They get an idea of what they like and dislike. They learn to clean a simple gun. If they screw something up, they haven't ruined a $1300 Wilson Combat 1911.

Personally, I find this method of selling distasteful and would never allow my employees to do this if I owned a shop. Just my 2 cents. Other than that one thing, I had a good experience.
GeneticsDave
Sniper

Postby xxtdxx » Tue 21 Apr 2009 2:05 am

I went in to GSG&A and holy cow everything that has been said on here is true. I went in and was quickly greeted, then it went all downhill from there. I tried explaining to the salesman that I love my P226 and am just looking for something a little smaller for the days I don't want to carry my SIG, and not more than $700 or so. I asked about XDs specifically and he acted offended like I had just talked bad about his mom or grandma. He told me they're all crappy sub-par guns and the only decent gun to carry is something that has been to the Kimber custom shop. Everything he tried to show me was at least $1200+ and he wouldn't let me talk for 2 seconds to tell him it wasn't what I was looking for. I finally just walked out and honestly I won't go back. I went to 4 other stores today, each of which I'm sure would be glad to take my money.
xxtdxx
Marksman

PreviousNext

Return to Boycott List