UPDATE on Get Some Guns & Ammo...

This is where to post the names of places to boycott because they have anti-gun, anti-freedom stances or policies. Any posts advocating boycotts must explain the reasons for the boycotts including, if possible, documentary proof, such as links to business web sites or news articles.

Re: UPDATE on Get Some Guns & Ammo...

Postby Calebcom » Thu 07 Apr 2011 9:30 pm

I've been in to getsomeguns 3 times, 3 times I've had crap service and general disdain from the people in there.

I took my wife in there to start looking for a pistol for her, the employees ignored us for a goodly amount of time, then finally came over begrudgingly and grunted out a few sentences. We left and went to Gallinsons.

My father insisted on going in, same story. He bought his new Ruger KP95DPR from Doug's.

One of my friends dragged me in there, and bam. Same crap.

I'll never go back there even if they're the last gun shop on the west coast.
I've never heard anyone ever pray for LESS ammunition.
I pray that I never have to pull my firearm on another human being, but I will not hesitate if man or woman threatens my wife, child or myself.
Calebcom
Marksman

Postby Cinhil » Thu 07 Apr 2011 11:24 pm

I was unaware of the issues at GSG&A until I saw this thread. It does seem like they have fallen prey to the illogical (Heaven forbid that Spoc here of this!) and false propaganda concerning guns from the US & Mexico. It is appropriate to have rules in place, but those rules should be based on fact and actual law, not on false hoods and unverifiable "facts."
I am not sure what a Silver Membership grants you, but good job for sticking to things & being sure to follow up on this issue, Kat.

On a side note; Get Some did have a bit of a bad year last year with at least three people committing suicide there. So in some respect I can understand some reservations or concerns on their side however, from what I have read they seem to have gone a tad overboard in the zealous department.

All this said, the one time I did go in and use their facilities I was treated with respect and dignity and the people behind the counter were professional. And firing that Barrett .50 Calibre was an awesome experience! hopefully the issues mentioned can be resolved and not be a problem in the future. The unfortunate thing is that negative publicity, for what ever reason, often takes a lot more to overcome than to have treated the customer right to start with. Sometime it is the customer who is the problem and everyone else involved is the idiot. That is not the case here. Again, well done!
What part of "Shall not be infringed" is not being abused today!

Even Knights had "Modern" weapons!

'Sed quis custodiet ipsos cutodes' ("Who watches the watchmen?”)."
Cinhil
Sniper

Postby Electric Amish » Fri 08 Apr 2011 9:15 am

Calebcom wrote:I've been in to getsomeguns 3 times, 3 times I've had crap service and general disdain from the people in there.

I took my wife in there to start looking for a pistol for her, the employees ignored us for a goodly amount of time, then finally came over begrudgingly and grunted out a few sentences. We left and went to Gallinsons.

My father insisted on going in, same story. He bought his new Ruger KP95DPR from Doug's.

One of my friends dragged me in there, and bam. Same crap.

I'll never go back there even if they're the last gun shop on the west coast.

Same here for me and the wife. Doug's service is adequate...depending on the people there, but they are always helpful if they are not busy whereas at Get Some you have to practically beg to buy a gun. Too bad they have such a nice range.

We bought our first few guns at Doug's, but now pretty much go to Derek and his guys at Impact Guns for everything. Haven't been let down yet. I just wish Impact had a better range (at the Kearns/West Jordan location) where I could shoot rifle calibers...If they did I'd never go to Get Some.
Electric Amish
Novice

Postby UnderratedF00l » Thu 28 Jul 2011 4:12 pm

I had an interesting experience at the new Get Some store in Orem, and I thought I'd share. I had posted it in another thread, but I thought I'd cross-post it here as well.

----
I was browsing a few guns, and I was working with one of the counter help who happened to be a LEO (current or former, I couldn't remember). The owner of the store came over to see how things were going, and I mentioned that I was looking to sell my Glock on KSL. He started raving about how much he loved KSL, and that how he purchased and sold handguns all the time via KSL (personal transactions only; not related to his gun store), and that he always looks for out-of-state buyers and sellers because they're willing to pay more and sell for less. I mentioned to him how I believed this was against Federal law, and he promptly raised his eyebrows, stared me down, and then proceeded to "educate me on the law". He ranted and raved for about 3 minutes, and even said "are you an LEO? Well, he is, and he says it's OK."

The LEO/Counter Help told me that Federal law said nothing about private transactions, and that it's totally legal to purchase a gun from an Idaho resident - he's even driven up to Boise several times to buy a few.

I quickly backed down from the conversation and promptly left the establishment. I have to be honest, it scares me a little that an FFL wouldn't even know the law... though, I suppose that's par for the course. I don't think I'll be going back there, even though their prices are pretty good.
I looked up "Ninjas" at Thesaurus.com.

Thesaurus.com: "Ninjas can not be found."

Well played, Ninjas. Well played.
UnderratedF00l
Sniper

Postby UtahCFP » Thu 28 Jul 2011 4:27 pm

UnderratedF00l wrote:I had an interesting experience at the new Get Some store in Orem, and I thought I'd share. I had posted it in another thread, but I thought I'd cross-post it here as well.

----
I was browsing a few guns, and I was working with one of the counter help who happened to be a LEO (current or former, I couldn't remember). The owner of the store came over to see how things were going, and I mentioned that I was looking to sell my Glock on KSL. He started raving about how much he loved KSL, and that how he purchased and sold handguns all the time via KSL (personal transactions only; not related to his gun store), and that he always looks for out-of-state buyers and sellers because they're willing to pay more and sell for less. I mentioned to him how I believed this was against Federal law, and he promptly raised his eyebrows, stared me down, and then proceeded to "educate me on the law". He ranted and raved for about 3 minutes, and even said "are you an LEO? Well, he is, and he says it's OK."

The LEO/Counter Help told me that Federal law said nothing about private transactions, and that it's totally legal to purchase a gun from an Idaho resident - he's even driven up to Boise several times to buy a few.

I quickly backed down from the conversation and promptly left the establishment. I have to be honest, it scares me a little that an FFL wouldn't even know the law... though, I suppose that's par for the course. I don't think I'll be going back there, even though their prices are pretty good.

It's not just the out-of-state felony at play here... buying and selling "all the time" means "in the business of" and requires FFL.
Dr. Dave ([email protected])
WAS a Utah Concealed Firearm Permit (CFP) Instructor
NOW a Texas License to Carry (LTC) Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor, Basic Rifle Instructor, Basic Shotgun Instructor, and RSO
NRA Life Member
UtahCFP
Sniper

Postby Kloutier » Tue 02 Aug 2011 1:42 pm

I called them the other day and asked if they had a Hand gun my father in law could try out they where rude and ended up hanging up on me.
People say I should not carry because it's not the Wild West. I say I carry because its much worse. Only 3 people died at the at the O.K. Corral and its a part of our nations history. If 3 people died in a 30 sec shootout today It might not make the news.
Kloutier
Sharp Shooter

Postby Snurd » Tue 02 Aug 2011 2:11 pm

You should call them back and let them know that you are spending that dough elsewhere. :thumbsup:
Snurd
Posse

Postby Kloutier » Tue 02 Aug 2011 2:19 pm

I did.. kinda I asked how much a gun was and said after they told me the price it was 100 dollar cheeper at another store but thank you for the time.
People say I should not carry because it's not the Wild West. I say I carry because its much worse. Only 3 people died at the at the O.K. Corral and its a part of our nations history. If 3 people died in a 30 sec shootout today It might not make the news.
Kloutier
Sharp Shooter

Postby UnderratedF00l » Wed 03 Aug 2011 11:41 am

I had emailed the owner of Get Some Guns and Ammo telling him about my experience (several posts above), and here's the reply I received:

You dont happen to be from WY? Private sell is a touchy subject anyway. The ATF has never procecuted an individual who sold one to out of state. The only cases I have found are when the person sales them under malice and neglect and knowing that the gun was going to be used criminally. I always say follow these rules to cover ***; Do a bill of sale, make sure buyer is of age(include this verbage in bill of sale), make sure they are eligible to possess firearms(also include this verbage in bill of sale), and get copy of ID. If buyer wont cooperate, dont sell it. I will send you a couple if range passes. I ask that you give us another try, maybe start with an easier topic or something not so contreversial. :):) Sorry about spelling, my fat fingers have issues typing on phone. Thanks again, Stuart

Apparently, the owner of the store is OK with breaking Federal law.

I'm staying far, far away from this place.
I looked up "Ninjas" at Thesaurus.com.

Thesaurus.com: "Ninjas can not be found."

Well played, Ninjas. Well played.
UnderratedF00l
Sniper

Postby Kramnden » Wed 03 Aug 2011 2:37 pm

UnderratedF00l wrote:I'm staying far, far away from this place.

In that case, I'll take the range passes he offered :lol2:
"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stomping on a human face -- forever." -O'Brien; Nineteen Eighty-Four
Kramnden
Novice

Previous

Return to Boycott List