West Side Pawn

This is where to post the names of places to boycott because they have anti-gun, anti-freedom stances or policies. Any posts advocating boycotts must explain the reasons for the boycotts including, if possible, documentary proof, such as links to business web sites or news articles.

Re: West Side Pawn

Postby bagpiper » Mon 17 Oct 2011 5:54 pm

gobbly wrote:Seems like the floor is the typical catch all for safe placed to point a firearm.

Wasn't this thread about west side pawn?

Seems like it, but not always. Residential construction may not stop a bullet safely as it passes from an upper floor to a lower level. And a solid concrete floor may pose a risk of ricochet.

Yes, the thread was about West Side Pawn, until someone attacked gun shows and gun shops for having different rules about guns than might be appropriate in most other businesses. I assumed that was from simple ignorance and so I attempted to provide some additional insights.

For the record, while I recognize the challenges that gun shows face relative to insurance mandates and the unique safety environment of having so many people handle guns in such close quarters, I do not believe that gun stores can reasonable justify the same level of restrictions. And many do not. A simple, "Self defense guns stay holstered, guns to be handled for whatever reason are unloaded and checked with store personnel as soon as possible after entering" rule is more than adequate. So I don't patronize gun stores that require I disarm.

And far worse than any rule about not being armed was the reported response from West Side when the OP politely informed them of his decision to take his business elsewhere and to encourage his associates to do likewise. I see very little chance for redemption from that kind of conduct and so will keep my money far away from West Side Pawn.

Charles
bagpiper
Sniper

Re: Re: West Side Pawn

Postby Snurd » Mon 17 Oct 2011 6:01 pm

bagpiper wrote:
gobbly wrote:Seems like the floor is the typical catch all for safe placed to point a firearm.

Wasn't this thread about west side pawn?

Seems like it, but not always. Residential construction may not stop a bullet safely as it passes from an upper floor to a lower level. And a solid concrete floor may pose a risk of ricochet.

Yes, the thread was about West Side Pawn, until someone attacked gun shows and gun shops for having different rules about guns than might be appropriate in most other businesses. I assumed that was from simple ignorance and so I attempted to provide some additional insights.

For the record, while I recognize the challenges that gun shows face relative to insurance mandates and the unique safety environment of having so many people handle guns in such close quarters, I do not believe that gun stores can reasonable justify the same level of restrictions. And many do not. A simple, "Self defense guns stay holstered, guns to be handled for whatever reason are unloaded and checked with store personnel as soon as possible after entering" rule is more than adequate. So I don't patronize gun stores that require I disarm.

And far worse than any rule about not being armed was the reported response from West Side when the OP politely informed them of his decision to take his business elsewhere and to encourage his associates to do likewise. I see very little chance for redemption from that kind of conduct and so will keep my money far away from West Side Pawn.

Charles

:spit: If you are talking about my post, you should really read it again. I was talking about firearm safety and pointing guns in a same direction. I also said I don't think gun shows are really gun shows anymore with all the other stuff they have. I don't care about their desire to keep loaded guns out. You should really go back and read what I said before making accusations.
Snurd
Posse

Re: Re: West Side Pawn

Postby bagpiper » Mon 17 Oct 2011 8:20 pm

mqondo wrote: If you are talking about my post, you should really read it again. I was talking about firearm safety and pointing guns in a same direction. I also said I don't think gun shows are really gun shows anymore with all the other stuff they have. I don't care about their desire to keep loaded guns out. You should really go back and read what I said before making accusations.

I'm happy to re-read your posts. But perhaps you'd start by pointing out where I made any "accusation" in my post to you. :roll:

Charles
bagpiper
Sniper

West Side Pawn

Postby Snaggle » Tue 18 Oct 2011 7:28 am

Time for this to die since it is so off topic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -Thomas Jefferson circa 1776
www.utahccwcarry.com
Snaggle
Sharp Shooter

Re: West Side Pawn

Postby Jeff Johnson » Sat 22 Oct 2011 10:20 am

Yeah, I agree.
IANAL => I Am Not A Lawyer
NRA Life Member | USSC | CCRKBA | UtahConcealedCarry.com
Jeff Johnson
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Boycott List