Big 5 Sporting Goods

This is where to post the names of places to boycott because they have anti-gun, anti-freedom stances or policies. Any posts advocating boycotts must explain the reasons for the boycotts including, if possible, documentary proof, such as links to business web sites or news articles.

Re: Big 5 Sporting Goods

Postby Paul » Wed 23 Dec 2009 7:38 am

Thanks guys.
Actually most people consider Richmond just off the edge of the world.
-Paul
http://www.myfavoritegunstore.com
http://www.cachevalleycabinetsandtops.com
NRA Life Member
Utah CFP Instructor
Utah Hunters Education Instructor
NRA Rifle and Pistol Instructor and RSO
Front Sight President (ask me about memberships)
Paul
Forum Owner

Postby RustyShackleford » Thu 24 Dec 2009 10:16 am

divegeek wrote:
moyler wrote:My appologies to the OP, as well as the forum.

No need to apologize. The point is for everyone to learn, and often the best way to really learn something is by making a mistake. I certainly make my share.

My wife points out that I am continually "learning" everyday! :P
If you consider yourself an American, and are not yet on a government watchlist...You're Not Trying.
RustyShackleford
Sniper

Postby 1J537 » Fri 01 Jan 2010 1:25 pm

On the flip side to Big 5, I purchased a Mossy 590 for $210. a while back with their $229.99 sale and a 10% coupon. The tag on the box had it listed for $399.99. Since then I have never seen it that low. I guess they learned. I'm happy.
The Dragon has time and experience. Maturity has given him knowledge, strength, skill, wisdom and inner peace.
Certified Glock Armorer
1J537
Novice

Postby steelhawk » Fri 01 Jan 2010 10:01 pm

33 years ago I bought a Marlin 30-30 for $89. The store had to order it in. When I picked it up, the clerk told me that they paid more than $89 to get it.

Next year, that chain of stores, called White Front, went bankrupt. I bought lots of stuff at incredible prices at their liquidation sale. I still have a box of .308 sierra bullets with the store tag on them and a price tag or 5.99
Owner, Bear River Holsters www.BearRiverHolsters.com
Email: [email protected]

America is about to be restored!

Are you part of the Inn crowd or one of the Stable few?
steelhawk
Expert Marksman

Postby gobbly » Fri 26 Aug 2011 9:25 pm

Manlaan wrote:I used to recommend Gallenson's to everyone, but they've gotten to the point they've raised their prices where its only good to window shop there.

I read this same thing over and over, here and in other reviews of Gallenson's online. However, when looking for a Kimber 1911 recently I thought their prices were right in line with other stores in the SL valley and down through Orem. The Pro Carry HD 2 I got was easily the best deal I saw in several days of visiting shops. I thought their prices on .45 auto ammo was reasonable as well, especially their defensive (hollow point) rounds. I certainly can't speak to everything they sell, but for what I was in the market for, they were more than competitive and had a great selection.
gobbly
Marksman

Postby LocknLoadGunsGear » Wed 04 Jul 2012 10:50 am

Very legal in what they did, I'm a gun dealer in Draper Utah and the federal law gives us dealers the right to refuse sale to anyone we feel maybe trying obtain a firearm illegally. However nothing in law says you can't purchase a firearm for a gift for someone. Dealer should of asked more questions before denying the sale or at least I would have. Us that have federal license have our freedom to protect, cause you make one wrong mistake and ATF will have their boys at your door putting shiny bracelets on you and giving you a ride to Federal Prison. So don't blame dealer for Covering his backside, I'm sure you would want to do the same thing if your freedom was on the line. Now days you can't be to sure who's walking in your door trying to purchase a firearm.
Lock N Load Guns & Gear LLC
Draper, Utah 84020
801-935-5795
[email protected]
www.locknloadgunsgear.com
LocknLoadGunsGear
Novice

Postby UtahJarhead » Wed 04 Jul 2012 2:07 pm

LocknLoadGunsGear wrote:Now days you can't be to sure who's walking in your door trying to purchase a firearm.

Yeah... they might be working for the ATF.
DO NOT talk to cops! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc
Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer, NRA Certified Pistol/Rifle Instructor
Cub Master
Art Scheel
UtahJarhead
Top Shot

Previous

Return to Boycott List