Heads up on gunbelt sale

Post Holsters & Related Items in this Forum

Heads up on gunbelt sale

Postby AlanM » Mon 16 Feb 2015 11:50 am

Hank's clothing has a sale going on of their Amish gun belts, leather cream, and belt parts.
http://www.hanksclothing.com/hanks_amish_belts_ccw_the_gunner.html?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=10%25%20Off%20The%20Gunner%20Belt%20in%20two%20new%20colors.

I've had one of these belts in black for several years and I can tell you that they are well worth the cost. Mine has absolutely no problem holding my OC paddle holster with my 1911 right where it belongs.

You can even get a different colored buckle to have the belt do double duty.
Add a couple other items and get free shipping.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
AlanM
Sharp Shooter

Re: Heads up on gunbelt sale

Postby quychang » Mon 16 Feb 2015 9:20 pm

Thanks for the heads up Alan, I've been looking for a less expensive alternative for a gun belt until I get my weight down. I ordered one of the Amish belts to try.

Mel
The last thing I want to do is shoot anyone, but it's on the list...
quychang
Sniper

Postby AlanM » Mon 16 Feb 2015 11:44 pm

Good point!
I, for several years, had been using a pair of 511 belts made of two layers of leather with a polymer center but then I lost a lot of weight and those belts weren't meant to be shortened. I posted them on a Virginia gun forum and found them a new home.
In case I've never mentioned it here, I've lost ~86 pounds since I got sick a couple of years ago (nothing major) and am aiming on making that, at least, 100.
I've gone from 52" to 42" waist pants.

My Amish made leather belt, on the other hand, CAN be shortened as needed.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
AlanM
Sharp Shooter

Postby jfwright1955 » Tue 17 Feb 2015 6:23 pm

I've been looking for a good, US made leather belt for a while now. This is exactly what I wanted! No more carry-side sagging pants! Thanks for posting this, Alan.
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby quychang » Sat 21 Feb 2015 9:50 am

My belt came, and I'm really impressed with the quality of the leather and the fit. I did change out the buckle for something with a little more reach. As I get smaller, I'll put smaller buckles on... then...when necessary it should be easy to cut it down and add holes. It's very plain and utilitarian, which I actually like.

Thanks again for posting this Alan, it was less than half the price of the belt I will eventually be wearing, but should serve me well until then.

Mel
The last thing I want to do is shoot anyone, but it's on the list...
quychang
Sniper

Return to Holsters & Related Items