Utah Guns Forum banner

CONCEALED carry gament.

7K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  James 
#1 ·
Im sure there is a post for this already but was unable to find it readily so here goes.
I know there are many that say "it is a right to carry open, so i do" but that is not me. i like the idea of conceal carry. I also like the idea of winter because i can wear my duster and whether on my side of shoulder holster or in the pocket it remains concealed at all times. If i get hot i can take the coat off and carry it and still have my firearm close by.

SUMMER IS COMING and now i need to figure out the lack of having my coat near at all times.
So I am looking for some form of cover garment for shoulder holster that works well for summers.
if i were built in a tough-guy triangle things would be great but im more a middle aged spare tire guy disabled vet with 5th lumbar damage (so small of back is out of the question.

Anyone else dealing with this? Anyone have experience for cover that works in the summer?

#2 ·
Sounds like we have a similar body shape and lower back damage (mine is L3 to S1). I've personally never used a shoulder holster, so I can't comment on that. I do carry my Glock 19 or my Glock 42 outside the waistband at 4-o'clock in some kind of leather holster. I don't wear huge loose t-shirts, so I'll cover it with a non tight fitting lightweight button up short sleeve shirt. If I am wearing my cargo shorts, I pocket carry my G42 in an Uncle Mike's #2 fit pocket holster.

#5 ·
I carry 9mm shield in a couple different ways. 1) OWB 4:eek:'clock, just an untucked tee shirt or a untucked button down shirt. 2) appendix carry IWB untucked tee,or button down. The appendix carry takes some getting used to,but not as much as you might think. I also have the spare tire shape some.

My advice is a good carry belt, this is just as important if not more than a good holster. My belt is a Hanks Amish CCW belt.

Just my two cents

Morgan Ingram

#7 ·
ingfam03 said:
My advice is a good carry belt, this is just as important if not more than a good holster. My belt is a Hanks Amish CCW belt.

Just my two cents

Morgan Ingram
I love my Hanks Amish CCW belt. A big thanks to the members of UCC for discussing it and putting it on my radar, great purchase.

#8 ·
In the summer I'll occasionally carry my Kahr in a shoulder holster. I usually wear an undershirt, the holster, and then some for of button up shirt. Long or short sleeve depending. If I need the gun, buttons are going to get ripped. Outside of that it's not a bad method of carry

#9 ·
Jesse 8 said:
In the summer I'll occasionally carry my Kahr in a shoulder holster. I usually wear an undershirt, the holster, and then some for of button up shirt. Long or short sleeve depending. If I need the gun, buttons are going to get ripped. Outside of that it's not a bad method of carry
That actually reminds me. I have a couple of the long sleeve versions of this shirt. It looks like a button up, but some of them are actually snaps. So you can pull your shirt open really easily without ruining your buttons. You can find them cheaper than this, but this is what they are. My friend snagged me a couple for a good deal.

http://www.511tactical.com/covert-shirt-select.html

Sent from iSnurd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.