Utah Guns Forum banner

First time in a LONG time not carrying

7K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Snurd 
#1 ·
The other day I was moving some boxes in anticipation for our big move. I decided not to carry, for whatever reason. We ended up going out for a bite to eat. It felt... strange. Outside of not carrying between work and home, I'm always with something. Does anyone have that 'empty' feeling when you decide not to carry?

#2 ·
Yeah. I've gone to work once or twice and forgotten to grab it. I always feel naked. And not in a good way. :lol2: It's pretty rare that I forget it though.

Going places like Nevada, before they recognized our permits again, really sucked. We have family that live near Las Vegas. Not having it for days was lame.

Sent from iSnurd

#3 ·
We made a trek to Disneyland a few months ago for our 40th wedding anniversary to re-enact the original trip we did after we got married. Of course, I wasn't able to carry. I'd say it was akin to leaving my favorite teddybear behind when I was a kid going on holiday. Of course, back then I cried my eyes out until we got home and I was reunited with teddy. Although I didn't cry while at Disneyland I did get a little teary-eyed a few times. :cry:

#6 ·
My work is carry (concealed) friendly, so I do every day. However, being retired military, I have to make periodic trips onto Hill AFB, sometimes right after work. It feels so strange not having it with me.

#9 ·
Every time I leave work to go to the Post Office i leave Betsy at work and feel naked the whole time. Unnerving that I would even have to do that!

#10 ·
Cinhil said:
Every time I leave work to go to the Post Office i leave Betsy at work and feel naked the whole time. Unnerving that I would even have to do that!
For my very rare Post Office visits, I just park on the street and leave the gun in the car.

I was almost a nervous wreck when we went to San Diego to my son's Marine Boot Camp Graduation a couple of years ago. I hated being disarmed. I'm glad I live in a free state.

Matt

ETA: If you can see this message twice, I submitted it twice, but it wouldn't show up. I think there is a bug in the system.

#11 ·
morcey2 said:
Cinhil said:
For my very rare Post Office visits, I just park on the street and leave the gun in the car.

I was almost a nervous wreck when we went to San Diego to my son's Marine Boot Camp Graduation a couple of years ago. I hated being disarmed. I'm glad I live in a free state.

Matt

ETA: If you can see this message twice, I submitted it twice, but it wouldn't show up. I think there is a bug in the system.
Sometimes I park on the street and leave her there as well, still don't like it, especially as I am engaged in a legal activity which we should/ought to be able to do however, I do not want to be a poster child, I haven't the cash to fight this or the desire to spend time in any lockup.

#13 ·
James said:
We don't get home mail delivery here. Must go to the PO to pick up the mail. For my Post Office visits, I just park on the street and leave the gun in the car. I don't like it, but no other option.
You could get PO Box and 3rd party site like a package store or something.

#14 ·
Snurd said:
Yeah. I've gone to work once or twice and forgotten to grab it. I always feel naked. And not in a good way. :lol2: It's pretty rare that I forget it though.

Going places like Nevada, before they recognized our permits again, really sucked. We have family that live near Las Vegas. Not having it for days was lame.

Sent from iSnurd
That's awesome that Nevada finally recognizes Utah's CFP. When did Nevada recognize Utah's CFP?

#15 ·
wilzd00d said:
Snurd said:

Sent from iSnurd
That's awesome that Nevada finally recognizes Utah's CFP. When did Nevada recognize Utah's CFP?
July 1, 2016.

http://gsd.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/gsdnvgo ... 7-2-16.pdf

Sent from iSnurd

#17 ·
wilzd00d said:
Thanks iSnurd. That's pretty recent. I'm curious, was there alot of debate about this when they passed this legislation?[/quote]

Not sure. I know they used to honor our permits, then decided to stop. Word on the street was that they were losing money because Utah's permit was easier to get, so people would get Utah's Permit over theirs. Including Nevada residents. So they stopped accepting ours. A while later Utah required people of other states they have reciprocity with to have their home states permit before they could get Utah's. Then Nevada decided to accept our permit again.

Whether that is exactly what happened or not is anybody's guess.

Sent from iSnurd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.