First time in a LONG time not carrying

Discuss issues regarding concealed carry.

First time in a LONG time not carrying

Postby JulietHotel » Tue 16 Aug 2016 9:58 pm

The other day I was moving some boxes in anticipation for our big move. I decided not to carry, for whatever reason. We ended up going out for a bite to eat. It felt... strange. Outside of not carrying between work and home, I'm always with something. Does anyone have that 'empty' feeling when you decide not to carry?
JulietHotel
Novice

Re: First time in a LONG time not carrying

Postby Snurd » Tue 16 Aug 2016 10:04 pm

Yeah. I've gone to work once or twice and forgotten to grab it. I always feel naked. And not in a good way. :lol2: It's pretty rare that I forget it though.

Going places like Nevada, before they recognized our permits again, really sucked. We have family that live near Las Vegas. Not having it for days was lame.

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Postby jfwright1955 » Wed 17 Aug 2016 8:56 am

We made a trek to Disneyland a few months ago for our 40th wedding anniversary to re-enact the original trip we did after we got married. Of course, I wasn't able to carry. I'd say it was akin to leaving my favorite teddybear behind when I was a kid going on holiday. Of course, back then I cried my eyes out until we got home and I was reunited with teddy. Although I didn't cry while at Disneyland I did get a little teary-eyed a few times. :cry:
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby MichaelD » Wed 17 Aug 2016 9:00 am

You're not the only one. I generally carry every day and feel almost naked when I don't have the firearm on my person.
S&W M&P9
S&W M&P9c
pistol-training.com
The M&P Endurance Gun
Dr. Gary K. Roberts' list of recommended SD ammo

Carry guns are like work trucks: who cares if they get beat up a little as long as they work when you need them to.
MichaelD
Sniper

Postby gravedancer » Wed 17 Aug 2016 9:10 am

JulietHotel wrote:The other day I was moving some boxes in anticipation for our big move. I decided not to carry, for whatever reason. We ended up going out for a bite to eat. It felt... strange. Outside of not carrying between work and home, I'm always with something. Does anyone have that 'empty' feeling when you decide not to carry?

Yeah, like the several times in the past couple years ive driven to Canada to see the fiance. I couldnt even have the gun with me for the portions of the trip where it would be allowed, because I wouldnt have anything to do with it at the border.
http://bit.ly/2vHUiug will get you around the auto filtering of the domain on this site
gravedancer
Sniper

Postby ObiRich » Wed 17 Aug 2016 4:18 pm

My work is carry (concealed) friendly, so I do every day. However, being retired military, I have to make periodic trips onto Hill AFB, sometimes right after work. It feels so strange not having it with me.
Spent 24 years in the USAF defending our rights...don't intend to stop now
ObiRich
Expert Marksman

Postby ingfam03 » Thu 18 Aug 2016 3:39 am

I work at HAFB so I can't carry at work, but that pretty much the only time I don't. Very uncomfortable.

Just my two cents

Morgan
ingfam03
Marksman

Postby bigboredad » Tue 04 Oct 2016 1:46 pm

Having ms I can't run away and have lost so much strength from it and the meds to treat carrying is the only time I feel safe. So when I don't everywhere i go makes me very uncomfortable

Sent from my QMV7B using Tapatalk
bigboredad
Novice

Postby Cinhil » Tue 04 Oct 2016 8:57 pm

Every time I leave work to go to the Post Office i leave Betsy at work and feel naked the whole time. Unnerving that I would even have to do that!
What part of "Shall not be infringed" is not being abused today!

Even Knights had "Modern" weapons!

'Sed quis custodiet ipsos cutodes' ("Who watches the watchmen?”)."
Cinhil
Sniper

Postby morcey2 » Wed 05 Oct 2016 10:53 am

Cinhil wrote:Every time I leave work to go to the Post Office i leave Betsy at work and feel naked the whole time. Unnerving that I would even have to do that!

For my very rare Post Office visits, I just park on the street and leave the gun in the car.

I was almost a nervous wreck when we went to San Diego to my son's Marine Boot Camp Graduation a couple of years ago. I hated being disarmed. I'm glad I live in a free state.

Matt

ETA: If you can see this message twice, I submitted it twice, but it wouldn't show up. I think there is a bug in the system.
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Certified Shotgun Instructor
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor.
NRA Certified Muzzleloading Rifle Instructor
NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
Purveyor of bad jokes.
morcey2
Expert Marksman

Postby Cinhil » Wed 05 Oct 2016 9:22 pm

morcey2 wrote:
Cinhil wrote:Every time I leave work to go to the Post Office i leave Betsy at work and feel naked the whole time. Unnerving that I would even have to do that!

For my very rare Post Office visits, I just park on the street and leave the gun in the car.

I was almost a nervous wreck when we went to San Diego to my son's Marine Boot Camp Graduation a couple of years ago. I hated being disarmed. I'm glad I live in a free state.

Matt

ETA: If you can see this message twice, I submitted it twice, but it wouldn't show up. I think there is a bug in the system.

Sometimes I park on the street and leave her there as well, still don't like it, especially as I am engaged in a legal activity which we should/ought to be able to do however, I do not want to be a poster child, I haven't the cash to fight this or the desire to spend time in any lockup.
What part of "Shall not be infringed" is not being abused today!

Even Knights had "Modern" weapons!

'Sed quis custodiet ipsos cutodes' ("Who watches the watchmen?”)."
Cinhil
Sniper

Postby James » Mon 24 Oct 2016 2:24 pm

W
Last edited by James on Wed 21 Jun 2017 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carry on!
James
Sharp Shooter

Postby D-FIN » Mon 24 Oct 2016 4:47 pm

James wrote:We don't get home mail delivery here. Must go to the PO to pick up the mail. For my Post Office visits, I just park on the street and leave the gun in the car. I don't like it, but no other option.

You could get PO Box and 3rd party site like a package store or something.
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby wilzd00d » Sat 19 Nov 2016 9:38 pm

Snurd wrote:Yeah. I've gone to work once or twice and forgotten to grab it. I always feel naked. And not in a good way. :lol2: It's pretty rare that I forget it though.

Going places like Nevada, before they recognized our permits again, really sucked. We have family that live near Las Vegas. Not having it for days was lame.

Sent from iSnurd

That's awesome that Nevada finally recognizes Utah's CFP. When did Nevada recognize Utah's CFP?
"...and the best is yet to come." :)
wilzd00d
Novice

Postby Snurd » Sat 19 Nov 2016 9:43 pm

wilzd00d wrote:
Snurd wrote:Yeah. I've gone to work once or twice and forgotten to grab it. I always feel naked. And not in a good way. :lol2: It's pretty rare that I forget it though.

Sent from iSnurd

That's awesome that Nevada finally recognizes Utah's CFP. When did Nevada recognize Utah's CFP?

July 1, 2016.

http://gsd.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/gsdnvgo ... 7-2-16.pdf

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Next

Return to Concealed Carry