Utah Guns Forum banner

When does 18-20 year old permit go into effect?

15K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  UtahCFP 
#1 ·
I already had my first request for an 18-20 class, but I'm not sure when the law goes into effect. It's been signed by Herbert, so that's it.

I don't see any NEW applications on BCI's site. I assume they will make some available when it comes time.

#3 ·
I talked with BCI on Friday. She basically said they won't even know what the new curriculum will be yet. Any classes given now could be invalid. She said it would be towards the end of April before we would have the information, most likely. That they couldn't apply until May 9th.

#6 ·
dewittdj said:
Just toying with this idea.

Maybe the "Free Class" this year will be this summer and only for those between 18 and 21. 1st 100 to sign up.

Any possible volunteers to assist?
I should be able to. We would need a lot more people doing fingerprints with that many people attending. Getting everyone printed and through the range session took quite a while when we had 65 people there.

Sent from my iSnurd

#7 ·
Assuming no conflict with vacation plans and other classes on Mark and Brant's schedule, I should be able to help. I can do photographs again or general dogsbody stuff.
I don't know anything about fingerprinting. Snurd says you have to be really, really smart to do fingerprinting and that I probably couldn't handle it ;-)

Personally I think 100 might be a bit of a stretch logistically but that's just my opinion-I'd support whatever decision was made.

Geoff.

#8 ·
Aad Geordie said:
Assuming no conflict with vacation plans and other classes on Mark and Brant's schedule, I should be able to help. I can do photographs again or general dogsbody stuff.
I don't know anything about fingerprinting. Snurd says you have to be really, really smart to do fingerprinting and that I probably couldn't handle it ;-)

Personally I think 100 might be a bit of a stretch logistically but that's just my opinion-I'd support whatever decision was made.

Geoff.
You just have to be able to say aluminum instead of alumineeum to do fingerprints. :wink:

Sent from my iSnurd

#9 ·
Snurd said:
Aad Geordie said:

Geoff.
You just have to be able to say aluminum instead of alumineeum to do fingerprints. :wink:

Sent from my iSnurd
:ROFL:

#10 ·
I can likely help as well.

Only one of my sons does not have permit and he would fit into the 18-20 category but I doubt he will be able to come on a Saturday (which is likely the best scheduling) due to his work schedule. He is also not likely in a hurry and willing to wait till he's 21.

#13 ·
dewittdj said:

Maybe the "Free Class" this year will be this summer and only for those between 18 and 21. 1st 100 to sign up.

My friend have me a good idea. If we did a class with 100, or even 50 or more, we should have the students get their photo and fingerprints done beforehand. That would save a ton of time. For 25 students it's not bad to do all that, but for a lot of students, it's a lot of work.

What do you think about that? For small classes I say we do prints and photos still.

Sent from my iSnurd

#15 ·
Snurd said:
dewittdj said:

My friend have me a good idea. If we did a class with 100, or even 50 or more, we should have the students get their photo and fingerprints done beforehand. That would save a ton of time. For 25 students it's not bad to do all that, but for a lot of students, it's a lot of work.

What do you think about that? For small classes I say we do prints and photos still.

Sent from my iSnurd
You can get set of 4 passport photos at Costco for $5 if you or someone you know has a membership.

BCI finger prints for $15 buck is not bad as you get 3 set of them and they are digitally done so they know they won't be rejected before hand. Other police department will do them but often only on certain days at certain times with various costs.

We could try to encourage many to come early to do fingerprints or photos or stay late to do them. Or we allow them to turn everything in themselves and get their own fingerprints(and or photos) on their own. This is how my CCW class was. They were not included. The instructor provided a finished packet with photo and all info signed and in a 9x12 env. The student would get fingerprints done and add them to the packet to turn them in themselves. If you do this then recommend using BCI for fingerprints then they can get them and turn it in at the same location at the same time.

#16 ·
Snurd said:
And I saw this today. It's amazing.

Sent from my iSnurd
With the last few classes I've done, my wife's helped me out and while I'm teaching, she'd call up the students one by one and do their prints, take their picture, and print the details out, all during the class. They don't miss any material and when the class is over, all I have to do is stamp and sign. Works awesome!

#17 ·
UtahJarhead said:
With the last few classes I've done, my wife's helped me out and while I'm teaching, she'd call up the students one by one and do their prints, take their picture, and print the details out, all during the class. They don't miss any material and when the class is over, all I have to do is stamp and sign. Works awesome!
That's what we do in the free UCC classes. We have someone taking pics, and normally a couple people doing fingerprints. But with 50-100 people in the class, it takes a really long time to do all that.

#20 ·
If we had enough ink pads and enough card holders, then we could do a step by step, print yourself lesson that would take about 30 minutes...

Now everyone, hold up your right thumb... place it on the ink pad and roll it until you have it covered with ink, like this (showing an inked thumb on the screen)
Now place your thumb down on its edge and roll it in the RIGHT THUMB square of the fingerprint card.
Now everyone, hold up your left pinky...
Now place your inked fingers of the left hand in the bottom left square, angling them so that you get as much of them in the square as possible...
:raisedbrow:

#23 ·
steelhawk said:
Snurd said:
And I saw this today. It's amazing.

Sent from my iSnurd
OK, what is it?
It's a fingerprinting station set up for the right height. Using a normal table, you have to bend down and it hurts your back after taking a bunch of prints. It has the card holder, and ink pad attached. They have some that are set up with the glass plates so you can use a roller and other ink. Pretty slick, but spendy.

Sent from my iSnurd

#25 ·
I'm in Orem during the month of May (I'm an Agile Coach and have a gig here).

Anybody want to put together a fingerprinting workshop?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.