Utah Guns Forum banner

Shooting at LDS church leaves man dead

10K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ParadiseFish 
#1 ·
https://www.deseretnews.com/article...d-during-lds-sacrament-meeting-in-nevada.html

My view may not be very popular here. The leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have held to the stance that no gun should enter a church building. Some may argue that is unreasonable considering things like this can happen. "A gun ban is a terrorist's haven." Even though this happened I believe that the Church leaders are correct. I have and will continue to leave my sidearm at home during Church. My rationale is private and does not belong in a public forum.

What happened is horrible and evil. Evil will always be unable to stay any form of evil action; evil cannot tolerate good. This is why I carry. I want to do good. Even though I pray every day I never have to use deadly force, I still practice and carry.

-Sean Walton

#2 ·
This is the biggest dilemma of my conceal carry journey. For the past 2 years I've been carrying my gun everywhere I went, and can count the number of times I didn't on one hand. As a CCW holder, I naturally started to avoid anywhere that will not permit me to carry (malls, post offices, some restaurants). But the church is important to me, and although I value attending church more than my life, I can't help but feel vulnerable for not only myself but my family.
I don't carry at church, but leave my gun in my car. I just hope that if my life is cut short from a church shooting, He will take that into consideration why I wasn't able to become better than I could've.
P.s. It's interesting that the site linked is no longer available...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.