10mm Trade?

This is a place for people to post firearms for sale. Notice: Utah Concealed Carry is not a firearms dealer and is not associated in any way with the sale of any firearms. Please abide by all applicable state and federal firearms laws.

10mm Trade?

Postby tapehoser » Sat 28 Jan 2017 10:19 am

I have always wanted a pistol chambered for 10mm. In terms of ballistics, this cartridge speaks volumes to me.

I have an XDS 45 bi-tone with a Crimson Trace laser grip and 6 magazines that I'd be willing to trade someone for something chambered in 10mm. Plus at least a hundred or more rounds of 45 ACP.

Holler at me.
tapehoser
Posse

Re: 10mm Trade?

Postby Luv10mm » Mon 30 Jan 2017 9:39 am

Ew, who would want to downgrade? :wink: Sorry couldn't help myself. :D

In all seriousness, what kind of pistol do you want in 10mm? Polymer guns like a Glock, old school 1911s (Delta Elite) or S&W 1006, modern 1911s, or maybe CZ-like EAA Witness?

If you are in the SLC area, I'm happy to let you try out my Witness. It's a full-size all-steel Witness w/4.5" barrel. Fair warning though, it's not for sale!
Luv10mm
Expert Marksman

Postby tapehoser » Mon 30 Jan 2017 2:55 pm

I'm in the mood for just about anything, but would lean toward something concealable and IWB-worthy.

The Witness looks pretty interesting and I'd love to meet up. I'd absolutely pay the range fees. I'm the SL Valley as well.

And while I like the 1911 frame, I am not used to them. I have shot them in the past and shoot them VERY well, but it would take a little re-training since I've been a Springfield XD guy for SO long.
tapehoser
Posse

Postby Snurd » Mon 30 Jan 2017 5:42 pm

There are a couple Glock 20's on Utah Gun Exchange. One is a gen 3, and one a gen 2. Neither say "no trades". Might be worth looking into if you don't mind a larger 10mm. Both are under $500.
Snurd
Posse

Postby Luv10mm » Wed 01 Feb 2017 12:46 pm

tapehoser wrote:I'm in the mood for just about anything, but would lean toward something concealable and IWB-worthy.

Yeah, my Witness is definitely not very concealable. And it's a tank. With a fully loaded mag (15 rds), you know it's there for sure. They do have polymer-framed Witnesses in a compact size, but I don't have any experience with them. The Glock 20 or 29 may be better for CC stuff.

My 10mm is a range queen. It's too big (IMO) for CC work and doing follow-up shots and double taps is a challenge due to recoil/blast. With warm 180-200 gr loads, it feels and snaps like a 4-6" barreled 357 Mag with hot 158 gr loads. That said, it's a ton of fun, and I do carry it in bear country.

I need to load up some more ammo for it. I'll let you know when I've got a supply, and we can go to Lee-Kay or somewhere to try it out.
Luv10mm
Expert Marksman

Return to Firearms For Sale