2017 Kickoff Dinner

A place for members to plan events and activities that other members may be interested in. Shoots, BBQ's, etc.

Re: 2017 Kickoff Dinner

Postby D-FIN » Fri 27 Jan 2017 11:21 am

Karl wrote:
Snurd wrote:
Karl wrote:Actually it's not called shifting the burden. Whether you think so or not, you are being a jerk to many people on this forum. Reading your posts makes it quite clear that you have no respect for anyone here.

Sent from iSnurd

Snurd you sound like a very argumentative person that does not understand logic very well.

If you want more customers for your shooting classes you probably should clean up your act.

And note that there are only 3 things any man needs to do:

1 - pay taxes;

2 - draw quickly;

3 - shoot straight.

Just some friendly advice.

You are of course entitled to your opinions but you know about how opinions all stink right?

Case in Point. You don't know Snurd or anything about his teaching skills and experience yet you attack those skills because he has called you out on your [auto-filtered].
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby D-FIN » Fri 27 Jan 2017 11:46 am

Karl wrote:
jfwright1955 wrote:
Snurd wrote:Actually it's not called shifting the burden. Whether you think so or not, you are being a jerk to many people on this forum. Reading your posts makes it quite clear that you have no respect for anyone here.

Sent from iSnurd

He's intentionally winding you up, Snurd. Resist the urge to engage or else you'll fall right into his trap.

What is the trap here fellows?

That Scalia has come out and clearly defined "bear arms" as coming to the defense rather than wearing in public?

That Scalia has come out and clearly allowed the States to regulate public carry outside the home?

That state constitutional carry has pro's and con's?

That walking into a restaurant that posts no-carry with your open carried firearm is both ignorant and ludicrous?

Which one? Take your pick of one or several. I have tried to make this easy for you.

And Scalia is God now. Just because he was a Right leaning judge doesn't mean every one has to bow down and believe what he says. He was one judge of many and everyone of them had a different opinion. We are unfortunately obligated to to live by the consensus of the court but that does not in and of itself make the court ruling right or just. The court has the power to force interpretation of the constitution as law and yes we follow that law. That does not mean we agree that here on and forever that is how it should be. We have been and will always be fighting to keep the 2A as uninfringed on as possible. Regardless of anything Scalia or anyone else says the 2A still says "the right of the people to KEEP and BEAR arms, shall not be INFRINGED."

Walking into a restaurant that posts no-carry with your open carried firearm is a personal choice to be made each individual and any repercussions of doing so is solely on that individual. Those repercussions are an evaluated risk by the individual and here is Utah the risk is small and easy to understand. If caught and you are asked to leave then you leave. If you do not and cause a fuss then you may be charged with Trespass. If you are willing to risk having to leave in the middle of your meal then so what.
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby D-FIN » Sat 28 Jan 2017 5:01 pm

Looks like we will be at least 4 possible 6 or 7 heads at the dinner.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby Snurd » Sat 28 Jan 2017 5:02 pm

D-FIN wrote:Looks like we will be at least 4 possible 6 or 7 heads at the dinner.

Any bodies?

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Postby D-FIN » Sat 28 Jan 2017 5:04 pm

Snurd wrote:
D-FIN wrote:Looks like we will be at least 4 possible 6 or 7 heads at the dinner.

Any bodies?

Sent from iSnurd

No they are to heavy to move.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby dewittdj » Sat 28 Jan 2017 10:55 pm

I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop out. My son received a special invite to attend a WIHS Orientation at 6:00 p.m. in Ogden and his parents are invited as well. :D

Enjoy! Sorry I'm going to miss this event! :crying:
Save $10-1yr: new or renewal:
3yr-$70, 5yr-$100, Life-$750
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XI028543
dewittdj
Top Shot

Postby Cinhil » Sun 29 Jan 2017 11:36 am

dewittdj wrote:I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop out. My son received a special invite to attend a WIHS Orientation at 6:00 p.m. in Ogden and his parents are invited as well. :D

Enjoy! Sorry I'm going to miss this event! :crying:

Not sure what a WIHS Orientation is however, I am sue it is important. Have fun but you will be missed.
What part of "Shall not be infringed" is not being abused today!

Even Knights had "Modern" weapons!

'Sed quis custodiet ipsos cutodes' ("Who watches the watchmen?”)."
Cinhil
Sniper

Postby Cinhil » Tue 31 Jan 2017 12:24 am

TONIGHT: Wallaby's in Sandy in what used to be the old quarry; 9228 S Village Shop Drive Sandy, UT 84092 7-9 pm. I'll see you there! Be certain to let the staff know you are with this group and seat yourself in the horseshoe section until it overflows. I will be there with my wife as soon as able after work, and hopefully before seven.
What part of "Shall not be infringed" is not being abused today!

Even Knights had "Modern" weapons!

'Sed quis custodiet ipsos cutodes' ("Who watches the watchmen?”)."
Cinhil
Sniper

Postby Karl » Tue 15 Aug 2017 11:23 am

How did the dinner go?
Karl
Marksman

Previous

Return to UCC Events