Shooting Area Cleanup Project? -- COMPLETED!

A place for members to plan events and activities that other members may be interested in. Shoots, BBQ's, etc.

Which day should we do the spanish fork canyon cleanup?

Poll ended at Wed 03 Oct 2012 6:36 am

October 13th.
25%
October 27th.
42%
Either date works for me.
33%

Total votes : 12

Re: Shooting Area Cleanup Project? (poll created for date)

Postby ThBrtmn » Sat 13 Oct 2012 12:54 pm

Great Job everyone cleaning... LOOKED TONS better after the cleanup.

Reid(sp),
Thanks for letting me shoot some of your collection. Really enjoyed it. BTW Did my kids return your garden spade. Got all the way home and remembered they borrowed it and started questioning them if they returned it and they couldnt give me a straight answer. PLEASE let me know if you did not get it. Thanks
Bart
~Bart
ThBrtmn
Marksman

Postby JoeSparky » Sat 13 Oct 2012 1:39 pm

I feel like a real heel for not showing up but I couldn't sleep last night and I slept in until about 1 this afternoon... Look what happens to a nightshift worker who turns off his alarm!
JoeSparky
GOA Life Member
NRA Life Member
NAGR Member
UCC
OCDO

Remember IANAL
Praying that OUR Country can be returned to it's greatness and to it's CONSTITUTION!
JoeSparky
Sniper

Postby gunsrg8t » Sat 13 Oct 2012 2:05 pm

ThBrtmn wrote:Great Job everyone cleaning... LOOKED TONS better after the cleanup.

Reid(sp),
Thanks for letting me shoot some of your collection. Really enjoyed it. .....

Was great fun and I like to share shooting and experiences. Thanks

And thanks to 'smo' for the oppurtunity for some good service. I think we really made a difference. Hope it lasts awhile.

IMAG0150 (256x144).jpg
IMAG0150 (256x144).jpg (80.99 KiB) Viewed 2682 times

IMAG0149 (256x144).jpg
IMAG0149 (256x144).jpg (77.27 KiB) Viewed 2682 times
I may end up a victim, but I won't be a helpless victim.
gunsrg8t
Marksman

Postby Seraf » Sat 13 Oct 2012 7:19 pm

Aww, man... I demand a recount. :P

Great job guys! I wish I could've been there.

I'm still available on the 20th if anyone wants to do some cleanup & shooting, either in the same spot or west of Utah Lake. I want to introduce my 10-year-old son to both (shooting, and cleaning). :thumbsup:
"What exactly are you supposed to be?" "Space cowboy!"
Seraf
Novice

Postby smo » Sat 13 Oct 2012 7:32 pm

Thanks again to all who came to help. We had the following members of the forum come out, plus family members:

Gunsrg8t
Raygun
smo
ThBrtMn

I really wish I would have taken some before and after pictures...words cannot describe how trashed the place was, and how much better it looks now! (To toot our own horns...) Everyone was awesome and really worked hard. We were out there just over two hours, and hauled off a whole bunch of trash, as you can see from Gunsrg8t's pictures! Some great kids helping too! (Plus my kids, who may not have been working as hard as they should have been! :bat: )

BTW - I found some left over black garbage bags that I accidentally took home with my stuff - if anyone wants to claim them, just let me know.

Thanks again everyone! It was great to do it, and I enjoyed meeting you face to face!
smo
Expert Marksman

Postby smo » Sat 13 Oct 2012 7:34 pm

Seraf wrote:Aww, man... I demand a recount. :P

Great job guys! I wish I could've been there.

I'm still available on the 20th if anyone wants to do some cleanup & shooting, either in the same spot or west of Utah Lake. I want to introduce my 10-year-old son to both (shooting, and cleaning). :thumbsup:

We put a pretty sizable dent in that area, but there is still more that could be done. There is one area on the east side that we didn't get too, plus the high road of the west side that we didn't get too either, so if you wanted to tackle some more in that spot, it could certainly be done. We hit the worst of it, but there is always room for improvement.

My next area to tackle is up Hobble Creek, right hand fork. Not anywhere near as bad as this Spanish Fork area was, but it could use a little TLC as well.
smo
Expert Marksman

Re: Shooting Area Cleanup Project? -- COMPLETED!

Postby Jarubla » Tue 03 Sep 2013 9:07 pm

Zombie thread, but wondering if an cleanups planned in the near future?

-Jay
Give a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you'll never see him on the weekends
Jarubla
Sharp Shooter

Postby Snurd » Tue 03 Sep 2013 9:14 pm

Jarubla wrote:Zombie thread, but wondering if an cleanups planned in the near future?

-Jay

Guess what you just did. We'll just call you Mr. Justvolunteeredhimself.
Snurd
Posse

Postby Jarubla » Tue 03 Sep 2013 9:18 pm

hah! I'd throw a dagnabbit in there, but I really do wanna help. I am good to roll anytime after Oct 1.

-Jay
Give a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you'll never see him on the weekends
Jarubla
Sharp Shooter

Postby D-FIN » Wed 04 Sep 2013 4:36 pm

The Grantsville site behind Walmart was pretty messy last time I was there. But if your gonna start another project it should get its own thread.
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby Jarubla » Wed 04 Sep 2013 7:21 pm

D-FIN I hear ya, but no other threads on the topic of cleanup at all. Jus trying to whet folks' memories a wee bit.

Heck, IIRC, it snows in Utah around October! :) Not like here in MO, a measly 400+ feet above sea level

-Jay
Jarubla
Sharp Shooter

Previous

Return to UCC Events