Utah Guns Forum banner

Farewell party / Potluck meet

11K views 40 replies 16 participants last post by  Cinhil 
#1 ·
So Rollingthunder89 and gdlckprincess have decided to start a new chapter in their life and move out of Utah. :cry: So we are having a going away/UCC Meet in their honor. It will be a potluck barbecue on Wednesday the 22nd of THIS month, (August) at 6pm. I know it's short notice but they decided to move on short notice so we have no other choice than to have their party/get together this next week. :party3: It will be held in Taylorsville at Millrace Park (where we have had 2 previous meets before - one in 08' and one last year about this time). The address is 1200 West 5400 South. This is a family event so feel free to bring the kiddos and or pets. ;) There is also a playground to keep the kids and or adults entertained. But there might just be some other entertainment there as well. :eek: (pending)
We will be bringing a few grills for those of you that would like to bring some meat. Other than that.....bring some grub, yourselves, your friends, neighbors or whomever would like to have a good time and we will see you there! :dancing:

#3 ·
Kevin Jensen said:
So let's see if I've got this figured out... We're throwing a party for people that haven't even logged into this site in the last 6 months, one of whom has posted only 8 times in the 3 years he's been here. :raisedbrow:
YES! that's right. :mrgreen:

Count me in! We can call it a "good riddance" party! :ROFL:
you are soo rude.... you know you are going to miss them.

#8 ·
packingmama said:
Other than that.....bring some grub, yourselves, your friends, neighbors or whomever would like to have a good time and we will see you there! :dancing:
What about that scruffy-lookin' dude on the onramp near point-of-the-mountain being harrassed by a pack of dogs, followed by what appears to be an over-the-hill Cub Scout Pack?

#9 ·
Liberty Nut said:
packingmama said:
Other than that.....bring some grub, yourselves, your friends, neighbors or whomever would like to have a good time and we will see you there! :dancing:
What about that scruffy-lookin' dude on the onramp near point-of-the-mountain being harrassed by a pack of dogs, followed by what appears to be an over-the-hill Cub Scout Pack?
I believe he or they would fall into the category of "whomever would like to have a good time".... because it sounds like they might want to have a good time or need to have a good time. :wink:

#12 ·
goosemama said:
Gladys might not make it though unless someone like Tricia is coming down & can pick her up for us.
Tricia should be there I believe, I spoke with her on the phone and she put it on her calendar. So we will see...

#13 ·
This sounds like a great meet up! That is our anniversary and we have nothing planned, well - I guess we do now! See you all there.

And Kevin, perhaps only eight posts in three years were all they needed to reply to and kept up a good read all the time? :thumbsup:

#17 ·
And here we were so looking forward to "testing" your new holster.

#22 ·
gdlckprincess said:
This is so nice Packingmama and we are looking forward to it. I dont know how long it will be til wer meet again so this will be very nice.
No love for this guy? :dunno: :wink:

For anyone that's thinking about skipping out on this event, here's a slideshow from a picnic we had in this same park four years ago, so you can see what you're missing. :wink:

#23 ·
k, the potluck is tomorrow! Yes, that means Wednesday the 22 has almost arrived! I better see everyone on here show up.....no excuses this time. :shock:
For those that think they can't make it, we will probably be bumming around till after dark as usual, "chatting". So come and show up, even if you get off work late we will most likely still be there.
Bringing - a grill or 2, utensils, napkins, some water, dutch oven baked beans, beer bread, a husband, 2 munchkins, and of course a camera to capture all of those pearly whites. :mrgreen:

If someone could bring some plates that would be great! :D
See everyone there. :dancing:

"Share on facebook" to help pass the word around. :type:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.