An idea...Nutnfancy took over!!

A place for members to plan events and activities that other members may be interested in. Shoots, BBQ's, etc.

Re: An idea...Nutnfancy took over!!

Postby DaKnife » Sat 19 Jan 2013 11:55 am

Here with a great crowd of patriots!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
SPOOOOOOON!!!

WARNING: This comment may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm, in every other state it may increase intelligence and knowledge.
DaKnife
Sniper

Postby SWALLDOG » Sat 19 Jan 2013 12:05 pm

Good luck everyone. Wish I could be there to support this great cause. Let us know how it turned out!

Probably @ work under a truck, Tapatalk 2
SWALLDOG
Novice

Postby sarahbn » Sat 19 Jan 2013 1:01 pm

I was here but I had to get my asthmatic hubby in out of the cold. Black peacoat, red scarf, red trigger mitts.
Antes Morrer Livres Que Em Paz Sujeitos
sarahbn
Expert Marksman

Postby manithree » Sat 19 Jan 2013 3:54 pm

Did anybody see local news reporters? Just wondering if there is any point setting the dvr to record the local news tonight.

I was there with my 11 yo daughter and 13 yo son. It was cold.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
It's not about the odds, it's about the stakes.
http://gunfacts.info/
manithree
Sniper

Postby DaKnife » Sat 19 Jan 2013 4:04 pm

We followed the Fox13 truck leaving the capitol. And they have an article already posted on their page. KSL and KUTV don't have anything yet as of about 4 pm.
SPOOOOOOON!!!

WARNING: This comment may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm, in every other state it may increase intelligence and knowledge.
DaKnife
Sniper

Postby JoeSparky » Sat 19 Jan 2013 4:06 pm

Leaving, I saw a vehicle for Fox13 on the east side. I did see a camera man with a KSL camera while I was standing on the flat just south and west of the steps. In the same area I saw one woman taking notes in a reporter style notebook but she did not speak to me. I made it an effort to shake the hand of ANY person I saw carrying a firearm openly. I did shake many hands, but I am sure I didn't get them all.
I was glad to be there with my son. I could have been colder but I am certainly glad that it wasn't!

Nutnfancy suggested making it a MONTHYLY event.
JoeSparky
GOA Life Member
NRA Life Member
NAGR Member
UCC
OCDO

Remember IANAL
Praying that OUR Country can be returned to it's greatness and to it's CONSTITUTION!
JoeSparky
Sniper

Postby LadyIsadora » Sat 19 Jan 2013 4:30 pm

IDK that a monthly event would have the impact or turnout that today did. It would probably bring out more open-carriers. too freaking cold for me to oc ;-) It was great to see such patriots.
Because the alternative is unthinkable.
LadyIsadora
Marksman

Postby Ruminus » Sat 19 Jan 2013 4:43 pm

sarahbn wrote:How will I recognize Ruminus unless he wears his kilt?

I thought about it, I really did. And then I realized I was being insane and would freeze more than my sidearm if I did so. Sorry to disappoint. Fox 13 says "hundreds" were there on their website. Balderdash! Closer to two thousand. I have a few decent photos I'll toss up here once I get them resized small enough. And I did manage to hang out with Dr. Jenks a bit, so that was fun.
Mike Hopkins
NRA Patron Life Member, Pistol Instructor, RSO
Gun Owners of America Member
Oathkeeper
Ruminus
Expert Marksman

Postby Maxterra » Sat 19 Jan 2013 5:10 pm

Pretty good turnout considering the cold.

Was on the East side with a few friends.

Link to slideshow pics, as it appears only very small pics can be uploaded.

http://s619.photobucket.com/albums/tt28 ... =slideshow
Maxterra
Marksman

Postby RoccoRacer » Sat 19 Jan 2013 5:13 pm

Ruminus wrote:Closer to two thousand. I have a few decent photos I'll toss up here once I get them resized small enough.

:shock: This I want to see!
I didn't make it down because I was finishing the Hunter's Ed course (taught by Paul). I OCed at the range, then took my family sledding at Old Main Hill (in front of USU's oldest building), then to Angie's Diner ("where the locals eat") for hot chocolate. No one said anything about my side arm, even though I still have my red voting sticker on the holster. Now I'm cleaning guns (not mine). It was a good Gun Appreciation Day.
Ben
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?
Mohandas Gandhi
RoccoRacer
Sharp Shooter

Postby DaKnife » Sat 19 Jan 2013 5:31 pm

Maxterra, Ya got Utah_Patriot and I in couple pics (and a third person in Utah_Patriot's carpool but I'm drawing a blank on his alias). But they are all from behind.

I liked the ones that I'm in.
Last edited by DaKnife on Sat 19 Jan 2013 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SPOOOOOOON!!!

DaKnife
Sniper

Postby Ruminus » Sat 19 Jan 2013 5:32 pm

RoccoRacer wrote:
Ruminus wrote:Closer to two thousand. I have a few decent photos I'll toss up here once I get them resized small enough.

:shock: This I want to see!
I didn't make it down because I was finishing the Hunter's Ed course (taught by Paul). I OCed at the range, then took my family sledding at Old Main Hill (in front of USU's oldest building), then to Angie's Diner ("where the locals eat") for hot chocolate. No one said anything about my side arm, even though I still have my red voting sticker on the holster. Now I'm cleaning guns (not mine). It was a good Gun Appreciation Day.

Actually, the photos on the preceding link from Maxterra show about what my photos would, so I'll just defer to those. As a note, the Fox13 reporter and camera man were in the process of bugging out and passed Dr. Jenks and I, so I took a moment to stop her and thank them for providing coverage of the event as we hadn't seen any of the other crews. She was very nice and said it was an "interesting" event for them.
Mike Hopkins
NRA Patron Life Member, Pistol Instructor, RSO
Gun Owners of America Member
Oathkeeper
Ruminus
Expert Marksman

Postby DaKnife » Sat 19 Jan 2013 6:13 pm

6:12 and an article finally appears on KSL, with an estimate of 3000! Awesome turnout considering the temps.
SPOOOOOOON!!!

DaKnife
Sniper

Postby Maxterra » Sat 19 Jan 2013 6:17 pm

Noticed they highlighted the guy carrying the AR/w beta mag.

Other that "hundreds" of participants, the coverage wasn't overly biased that I've seen so far.

Wonder how the rest of the country fared on turnout?
Maxterra
Marksman

Postby Doctor Jenks » Sat 19 Jan 2013 6:24 pm

Here is a link to a story and video from Channel 2. They also say "hundreds" attended the rally. 3000 is a much closer estimate. However, they managed to find the one Gun Control Advocate at this rally. They show a video clip of him saying that "I can see opposing the president. I think people do have the right to do that. It's just that what they're really kind of pushing though, is some kind of armed overthrow." Balderdash :bang:

http://www.kutv.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_3515.shtml

P.S. It was good hanging out with you Ruminus! Still haven't seen any videos of the guy carrying an AR with the 100 round drum.. lol
Last edited by Doctor Jenks on Sat 19 Jan 2013 6:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
M&P 40 Pro
Doctor Jenks
Sharp Shooter

PreviousNext

Return to UCC Events