An idea...Nutnfancy took over!!

A place for members to plan events and activities that other members may be interested in. Shoots, BBQ's, etc.

Re: An idea...Nutnfancy took over!!

Postby RoccoRacer » Sat 19 Jan 2013 6:25 pm

The Fox 13 clip showed a few slung rifles (including the AR with a massive drum). I think they did pretty well, but their last statement about facing an "uphill battle" seemed a little condescending.
Ben
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?
Mohandas Gandhi
RoccoRacer
Sharp Shooter

Postby Car Knocker » Sat 19 Jan 2013 6:34 pm

The KSL story:
SALT LAKE CITY — A Pro Gun Rally took place across the U.S. at noon on Saturday. In one of the largest rallies, Utahns gathered at the Capitol Building to demonstrate their support for their 2nd Amendment rights.

When the rally started at noon on Saturday, roughly 1,500 people had arrived. By the end, Capitol police estimate 3,000 people attended, signaling to politicians that any gun control legislation is going to have a lot of opposition.

"Any attempt to take any of that away from us is unconstitutional and in my opinion, blasphemous," said Holladay resident Bruce Clements.

He is just one of thousands who stood outside a very cold Utah State Capitol to voice their concerns about gun control.

"It's not the gun. It's the people," said Utah Shooting Sports Council Chair Clark Aposhian.

Aposhian is an advocate of responsible gun ownership. He feels gun control is a step in the wrong direction and against the 2nd Amendment.

"It's our watch now to take care of it. We want to make it so we give it to our children as good, if not better, then when we get it," Aposhian said.

One of the biggest responses came when a speaker talked about the letter the Utah Sheriff's Association recently sent to Obama, saying, in part, "As the duly-elected sheriffs of our respective counties, we will enforce the rights guaranteed to our citizens by the Constitution. No federal official will be permitted to descend upon our constituents and take from them what the Bill of Rights — in particular Amendment II — has given them."

Along with others in the rally, Clements agreed.

"It's a slap in the face to all those veterans who have given their lives for this country and for the freedoms we enjoy," Clements said.

One speaker said the rally's organizers intend to hold rallies in coming months throughout the year and expect to gain more supporters each following month.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=23787655&nid=14 ... id=queue-1

There are 23 photos at the link.
Don

-->insert witty and/or inspirational message here<--
Car Knocker
Posse

Postby Zacharia » Sat 19 Jan 2013 6:45 pm

This picture from ksl is brilliant. I wish this momma was packing, but I love it.
Zacharia
Sniper

Postby DaKnife » Sat 19 Jan 2013 6:57 pm

Take a closer look, there is a lump on her hip under the coat. That Momma is packing.
SPOOOOOOON!!!

WARNING: This comment may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm, in every other state it may increase intelligence and knowledge.
DaKnife
Sniper

Postby JoeSparky » Sat 19 Jan 2013 6:59 pm

DaKnife wrote:Take a closer look, there is a lump on her hip under the coat. That Momma is packing.

But, But, But, we can't tell what it is! :crying:
JoeSparky
GOA Life Member
NRA Life Member
NAGR Member
UCC
OCDO

Remember IANAL
Praying that OUR Country can be returned to it's greatness and to it's CONSTITUTION!
JoeSparky
Sniper

Postby dewittdj » Sat 19 Jan 2013 7:04 pm

It's beautiful, whatever the make or model!!! :wink:
Save $10-1yr: new or renewal:
3yr-$70, 5yr-$100, Life-$750
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XI028543
dewittdj
Top Shot

Postby Ruminus » Sat 19 Jan 2013 7:05 pm

Let's say there were, conservatively, 1,000 firearms at this event. All of these were under no form of control, other than that exercised by those possessing them. And not a darn thing happened, except a rather loud message being sent. Then, we read of these 3 gun show ND's, where all kinds of external control is in place. Odd?
Mike Hopkins
NRA Patron Life Member, Pistol Instructor, RSO
Gun Owners of America Member
Oathkeeper
Ruminus
Expert Marksman

Postby Ruminus » Sat 19 Jan 2013 7:05 pm

dewittdj wrote:It's beautiful, whatever the make or model!!! :wink:

The gun or the Momma?
Mike Hopkins
NRA Patron Life Member, Pistol Instructor, RSO
Gun Owners of America Member
Oathkeeper
Ruminus
Expert Marksman

Postby Doctor Jenks » Sat 19 Jan 2013 7:10 pm

Ruminus wrote:The gun or the Momma?

Both, I'm sure. Lol

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
M&P 40 Pro
Doctor Jenks
Sharp Shooter

Postby JoeSparky » Sat 19 Jan 2013 7:16 pm

Doctor Jenks wrote:
Ruminus wrote:The gun or the Momma?

Both, I'm sure. Lol

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

I was just going to respond with "YES"!
JoeSparky
GOA Life Member
NRA Life Member
NAGR Member
UCC
OCDO

Remember IANAL
Praying that OUR Country can be returned to it's greatness and to it's CONSTITUTION!
JoeSparky
Sniper

Postby Maniakmedic » Sat 19 Jan 2013 7:41 pm

It was cold but fun. I sadly ended up CC'ing because of the temperature and my inability to score the holster I wanted for my little metal friend. Oh well. It was good to see a variety of people there and say hey to some people from the boards. The only thing that would have made the day better would have been to blow up pop cans for target practice but I'm fighting off a cold. So I did the next best thing and watched Liam Neeson shoot bad guys in Taken 2.
"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition."

"Why don't you gun nuts go off and start your own country?"
"We did. Who the [heck] let you in?"
Maniakmedic
Marksman

Postby David Nelson » Sat 19 Jan 2013 8:22 pm

Gay gun owners appeared to be well represented, at least in the news reports.

The Deseret News reported about Seth Perkins of Bountiful, Utah:

Several people at the rally had assault rifles slung over their shoulders and holstered pistols at their sides.

'It's my right. That's what this rally is about,' said Seth Perkins, of Bountiful, who also wore a sash proclaiming, 'Legalize Gay.'

Perkins, who said he was 'a bit more open-minded' than many in the crowd, said he didn't believe the president was coming after his guns.

'I don't think that's quite what he's trying to do,' Perkins said.

The Salt Lake Tribune featured an image of Perkins' unconcealed AR-15 rifle and his pistol.

And, KSL Television news included my brief comment about the rally, but didn't show off my OC SIG.
David Nelson
Utah

Is it more treasonous to violate the Constitution or to expose the violation?
David Nelson
Expert Marksman

Postby abnormalslc » Sat 19 Jan 2013 8:22 pm

Maxterra wrote:Pretty good turnout considering the cold.

Was on the East side with a few friends.

Link to slideshow pics, as it appears only very small pics can be uploaded.

http://s619.photobucket.com/albums/tt28 ... =slideshow

I saw my big 'ol backside in one of those pics. :)
Abner Normal
NRA Life Member
abnormalslc
Novice

Postby abnormalslc » Sat 19 Jan 2013 8:35 pm

I did not see as much OC as I thought there would be....during the rally itself, I only saw that rifle slung over the shoulder of the guy on the steps.....but walking back to the car...I noticed only 2 OCers.....I was CC, that's just how I roll....most were probably CC due to weather....
Abner Normal
NRA Life Member
abnormalslc
Novice

Postby Big Dave » Sat 19 Jan 2013 8:46 pm

I was OC, and I saw quite a few others, but most were CC. I know my wife and friends were. We had a good time...then went to Gallensons afterward.
”To be prepared for war, is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.”
~George Washington
Big Dave
Novice

PreviousNext

Return to UCC Events