2a Rally 2/23 capitol ??

A place for members to plan events and activities that other members may be interested in. Shoots, BBQ's, etc.

Re: 2a Rally 2/23 capitol ??

Postby sypher » Sat 23 Feb 2013 10:11 pm

Fox 13 showed some footage from the rally of a girl that was probably 6-8yrs old with what looked like a pink .22 cricket draped across her back.
Brian

NRA RSO
sypher
Marksman

Postby JoeSparky » Sat 23 Feb 2013 10:20 pm

Per Mitch Vilos in his Utah Gun Laws book, the child should have had a note on his person stating that he had the firearm for a specific purpose and he had the permission of his parent/guardian to met FEDERAL law. This is inspite of the parent being there with the child!
JoeSparky
GOA Life Member
NRA Life Member
NAGR Member
UCC
OCDO

Remember IANAL
Praying that OUR Country can be returned to it's greatness and to it's CONSTITUTION!
JoeSparky
Sniper

Postby DaKnife » Sat 23 Feb 2013 10:20 pm

Awesome, more of that is needed. I couldn't make it. Glad some of you could.
SPOOOOOOON!!!

WARNING: This comment may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm, in every other state it may increase intelligence and knowledge.
DaKnife
Sniper

Postby Maniakmedic » Sat 23 Feb 2013 10:45 pm

The kid was very well-behaved and his father was with him the whole time. It was a state trooper that told him his son couldn't have the rifle. I have a couple of pictures of the trooper talking to him (I was actually trying to get pictures from behind of the father and son standing together but then the fat cop got in the way).
"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition."

"Why don't you gun nuts go off and start your own country?"
"We did. Who the [heck] let you in?"
Maniakmedic
Marksman

Postby DaKnife » Sun 24 Feb 2013 4:17 pm

JoeSparky wrote:Per Mitch Vilos in his Utah Gun Laws book, the child should have had a note on his person stating that he had the firearm for a specific purpose and he had the permission of his parent/guardian to met FEDERAL law. This is inspite of the parent being there with the child!

That is false. With the Parent right there they are in full compliance with the law. No note was needed as these juveniles had long guns not Handguns which is what Mitch was referring to as per Pg 276 of 4th ed Utah Gun Law.
SPOOOOOOON!!!

WARNING: This comment may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm, in every other state it may increase intelligence and knowledge.
DaKnife
Sniper

Postby JoeSparky » Sun 24 Feb 2013 5:28 pm

DaKnife wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:Per Mitch Vilos in his Utah Gun Laws book, the child should have had a note on his person stating that he had the firearm for a specific purpose and he had the permission of his parent/guardian to met FEDERAL law. This is inspite of the parent being there with the child!

That is false. With the Parent right there they are in full compliance with the law. No note was needed as these juveniles had long guns not Handguns which is what Mitch was referring to as per Pg 276 of 4th ed Utah Gun Law.

OK you got me. I was going by memory. After reading your first portion, I spent some time looking for my copy--- it has escaped me right now! And then I read the rest of your post! I will sit corrected!
JoeSparky
GOA Life Member
NRA Life Member
NAGR Member
UCC
OCDO

Remember IANAL
Praying that OUR Country can be returned to it's greatness and to it's CONSTITUTION!
JoeSparky
Sniper

Previous

Return to UCC Events