Utah Guns Forum banner

Northern Dinner Meet and Coin Delivery

18K views 66 replies 13 participants last post by  dewittdj 
#1 ·
Was there someone from the Layton to Ogden area that was going to set up a place and time for us Northern Folks?? The Southern group are meeting at "Rib City" in American Fork on Friday - 13 Sep!!

WE HAVE A PLACE UP NORTH - THANKS TO ZACHARIA:

Put this on your calendars.
Monday the 16th
Van Loi in Roy.
1830 hrs (6:30 pm)

5451 South 1900 West, Unit 4
Roy, Utah 84067
(801) 776-5961

Post a note if you plan on coming up North and how many guests - BY THURSDAY PLEASE!!

#2 ·
gcburt said:
Was there someone from the Layton to Ogden area that was going to set up a place and time for us Northern Folks?? The Southern group are meeting at "Rib City" in American Fork on Friday - 13 Sep!!
It sounds like YOU are setting it up. :) Congratulations. Let us know where it is!

#3 ·
UtahJarhead said:
gcburt said:
It sounds like YOU are setting it up. :) Congratulations. Let us know where it is!
Nice Try - Do Y'all want to come up to Maddox?? We need someone familiar with the area from Layton to Ogden to find a place easy for Tracy to meet us!!

#4 ·
UtahJarhead said:
gcburt said:
Jarhead learned the hard way and he likes to make sure everyone else does too! :ROFL:

In the past, we have used Piccolo's Pizza in Ogden & Red Robin in Layton.

Basically, you pick a place that will have a group without $ to hold the room/group area. After you make the post, try to get an estimate to give the place the day of the event. Of course you may want to mention that some may be OC'ing. :wink:

#7 ·
The Armed Female said:
UtahJarhead said:
gcburt said:
Jarhead learned the hard way and he likes to make sure everyone else does too! :ROFL:

In the past, we have used Piccolo's Pizza in Ogden & Red Robin in Layton.

Basically, you pick a place that will have a group without $ to hold the room/group area. After you make the post, try to get an estimate to give the place the day of the event. Of course you may want to mention that some may be OC'ing. :wink:
To be honest, I didn't mind setting it up. :) We had a good turnout. I have a new place in mind for the next one in this area. After this thread's meetup. :)

#9 ·
Y'all

I propose either Wednesday 18 Sep or Friday 20 Sep at about 1830hrs (6:30 PM).

First I would go to Holy Smoke BBQ in Layton, and see if they will let us meet there.

I need us "NORTHERN" folks to speak up about who will come - to get a count.

I am posting this on this forum and also the "Coin" forum

Garth

#10 ·
If noone else will I will.
I want my coins!

Monday the 16th
Van Loi in Roy.
630 pm.

Roy, Utah 84067
(801) 776-5961

Does that generally work for most everyone? Most importantly does it work for snurd?

locally owned Vietnamese Joint. I love it. $10ish a plate +\- a few bucks depending on your order.
Owner would graciously host us. OC and all but I need an approx head count by Thursday.

#11 ·
Zacharia said:
If noone else will I will.
I want my coins!

Monday the 16th
Van Loi in Roy.
630 pm.

Roy, Utah 84067
(801) 776-5961

Does that generally work for most everyone? Most importantly does it work for snurd?

locally owned Vietnamese Joint. I love it. $10ish a plate +\- a few bucks depending on your order.
Owner would graciously host us. OC and all but I need an approx head count by Thursday.
I vote for the Vietnamese place in Roy. Looks as if "Zacharia" already has done some ground work - whereas I would have to travel down to the Layton area and find a place. I didn't post the suggestion for "Holy Smoke" over on the Challenge Coin forum after all.

Do folks bring their spouses??

Garth C Burt

#15 ·
Sorry Garth. Didn't mean to step on your toes. I somehow missed your post before mine.

I did call and talk to them.

If you want to proceed with Van Loi a week from today that's great.

If you want to take the lead I wont be offended. I couldnt do tues weds or fridays but I only have 2 coins and could pick them up from someone else or pay postage if those days are better.

#17 ·
Zacharia said:
Sorry Garth. Didn't mean to step on your toes. I somehow missed your post before mine.

I did call and talk to them.

If you want to proceed with Van Loi a week from today that's great.

If you want to take the lead I wont be offended. I couldnt do tues weds or fridays but I only have 2 coins and could pick them up from someone else or pay postage if those days are better.
I'm happy that someone from that area was stepping forward. I would have to hunt for a place in an area I know little about.

Linda and I are set to join you at Van Loin next Monday evening, that is if Snurd make it that day!!

#18 ·
I guess we have confirmed the date, time and place then. Thanks Zacharia. :thumbsup:

gcburt, if you would please update the OP with the info so it can be easily seen, that would be great. Thanks.
Put this on your calendars.
Monday the 16th
Van Loi in Roy.
630 pm.

Roy, Utah 84067
(801) 776-5961

#20 ·
Wow this picked up fast. Not to sure I can do 6:30 as I usually don't get off till 6 in West Jordan. Anyone else think its weird to go way south and way north. Anyone else live around the Salt Lake Valley? Lets have one in Park City and Tooele to round out our directions. Lol

#21 ·
Wait, what? Van Loi? I never would have thought those folks to be gun folks. Never judge a book by its cover! Great Vietnamese food.

#24 ·
D-FIN said:
Wow this picked up fast. Not to sure I can do 6:30 as I usually don't get off till 6 in West Jordan. Anyone else think its weird to go way south and way north. Anyone else live around the Salt Lake Valley? Lets have one in Park City and Tooele to round out our directions. Lol
I think it's weird that I have to go to both, and I live in Holladay.
We are usually at dinner meets for between 1-3 hours. So show up when you can. People can also car pool to make the journey easier.

If those coming to either dinner meet to collect coins could be there within the first hour that would be appreciated. I may be there longer, but I would like to get it taken care of as early as possible.

(Sent from iSnurd)

#25 ·
My wife will be working, but since that's only about a mile from the house, I can't think of any excuse not to come. So count me in. Mr. Dewitt, perhaps we can just take care of our side business there!

Mel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.