Utah Guns Forum banner

Defensive Handgun Match - The Armory Range, May 14th

12K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  JoeRandall 
#1 ·
What: Defensive/Practical Handgun Competition

Where: The Armory Range, Sandy, Utah.

When: May 14th, 2015 - 6:30pm.

Who: New shooters (experienced and inexperienced competitors) are welcome. Safe gun handling skills are required and safety rules will be strictly enforced.

Cost:$15

Required Equipment: Handgun, 2 Magazines, Holster, Magazine Pouch, 80-100 rounds of ammo.

Competition Description: 3 stages will be shot be each competitor, drawing from the holster, engaging multiple targets, weak hand only/strong hand only shooting, reloads, etc. Final score will be based on speed and accuracy.

Divisions: Production, Limited, Open, Revolver

Register at the link below - space is limited.

https://clubs.practiscore.com/the-armor ... t/register

Please call Brandon at 801-828-0758 or email brandontroper@gmail.com with questions.

It's gonna be fun!

See less See more
#3 ·
So I went ahead and registered for this because it's seems to me like a fun cheap training opportunity. Would be more fun with some more people I know ( or don't ) from here there as wel,l then I don't have to look like a fool all by myself.

#4 ·
I'll have to try and make this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
D-FIN said:
So I went ahead and registered for this because it's seems to me like a fun cheap training opportunity. Would be more fun with some more people I know ( or don't ) from here there as wel,l then I don't have to look like a fool all by myself.
We're glad you'll be able to make it out - it's going to be fun!

As long as you don't shoot yourself in the leg, you won't look like a fool -lol! Seems like we are going to have some pretty good shooters along with some people new to competition so it'll be fun for everyone.

#6 ·
Roper said:
D-FIN said:
We're glad you'll be able to make it out - it's going to be fun!

As long as you don't shoot yourself in the leg, you won't look like a fool -lol! Seems like we are going to have some pretty good shooters along with some people new to competition so it'll be fun for everyone.
Well count me in the new category. I've never done anything like this. I doubt I'll shoot myself in the leg though. So I guess I'll be ok.

#7 ·
D-Fin you will be just fine, these type of competitions "fun shoots" are great. I knew nothing about competitive shooting until I went to my local indoor range one night to shoot and it was closed to the public as they were setting up for one of these type of matches. They told me I was welcome to stay and play & I did. Beware though next thing I knew I was addicted, registering for more matches elsewhere and buying different guns to compete in different events.

#9 ·
I think I can make it but I don't see the link. I'm on tapatalk.

#11 ·
Thanks that was usable. Signed up.

#12 ·
Hope you all have fun tomorrow! I currently have a weak-side hand injury so I can not attend. Though, I recently stepped my carry pistol up from an LCP to a Taurus G2, so I am super interested in shooting some "fun shoots" with it.

Seems like a great way to get some practice time in along with meeting some fun, like-minded people. (which I need, since my entire family hates guns and carrying for self-defense)

#13 ·
Was a fun shoot. Could use a little tweaking but great for the first time. A lot of good people and all different styles and skill levels. Hope they keep this going.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#15 ·
Is this going to continue?

#18 ·
Looks like I won't make that one either. Hopefully the next one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.