Open carry bbq

A place for members to plan events and activities that other members may be interested in. Shoots, BBQ's, etc.

Re: Open carry bbq

Postby Snurd » Fri 27 May 2016 9:30 pm

I know that info is in there, but usually the person setting up the shindig will verify the time a day or two before the actual meet. The pavilions at that park have to be reserved. Was that done, or will we be meeting out on the field. Inquiring minds need to know.
Snurd
Posse

Postby D-FIN » Sat 28 May 2016 12:54 pm

I'm gonna swing by around 4 and see what's up.
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby Snurd » Sat 28 May 2016 2:09 pm

D-FIN wrote:I'm gonna swing by around 4 and see what's up.

Ditto. Mrs. Snurd and I will stop by for a bit. Maybe bring some snacks.
Snurd
Posse

Postby Snurd » Sat 28 May 2016 3:21 pm

Well at least D-Fin, Mrs. Snurd and I made it. Nobody else here from our group in the whole park.
Snurd
Posse

Postby Snurd » Sun 29 May 2016 6:53 am

This is why we like to have confirmation from the OP on what is going on. No response from him since 4/26 in the thread. I'm not sure if people showed up around 3pm then left since nobody was there, but there were only 3 of us that we saw. Two of us arrived at 4:10, and D-Fin was there before we were. We stayed for about 30 minutes chatting and waiting for others. The only other person we saw with a firearm was a LEO coming to shutdown the dog park area.
:dunno:
Snurd
Posse

Postby Cinhil » Sun 29 May 2016 11:50 am

At 3 pm I saw that a couple individuals said they were going to go check it out, still having no confirmation about time or specific location my wife and I decided not to go as we would be entertaining guests in a couple hours. It would have been nice to know positively a day or two in advance so we could have adjusted our schedule better as we had been looking forward to attending. :raisedbrow:
What part of "Shall not be infringed" is not being abused today!

Even Knights had "Modern" weapons!

'Sed quis custodiet ipsos cutodes' ("Who watches the watchmen?”)."
Cinhil
Sniper

Previous

Return to UCC Events