2017 Kickoff Dinner

A place for members to plan events and activities that other members may be interested in. Shoots, BBQ's, etc.

Re: 2017 Kickoff Dinner

Postby Karl » Thu 19 Jan 2017 8:31 am

Ok if I see enough others in open carry mode I can tuck my sweatshirt behind my gun too.
Last edited by Karl on Thu 19 Jan 2017 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karl
Marksman

Postby Karl » Thu 19 Jan 2017 8:36 am

Looks like it might be just a small handful of us there, so one big table may be all we need.

But then we can all talk around the table about constitutional state carry, open carry, concealed carry, ballistics, collateral damage, training, practice, and our love of our guns.

I love my 45ACP. The first one I ever had was issued to me by Uncle Sam and it was a Springfield Armory 1911A1.

That combat pistol stood watch with me over every post I commanded as the O.D. or while I was a rifle range O.D.

I have since upgraded to the CZ 97B which is single or double action, like a Walther. I like that optional feature.

I know that the Glocks with their striker design fire faster than the double actions of the non-Glock designs. R.Lee Ermey talks about this in his documentary on Glocks vs the venerable 1911A1.

But I am not fond of Glocks. Guess I'm just Old School.

It will be interesting to discuss the Glocks and the 1911A1's and the other guns there.

And it will be uplifting to be in the company of other like minded kindred souls who are also always vigilant and who also do not take any crap from anybody or anything on this Earth.
Karl
Marksman

Postby JoeSparky » Thu 19 Jan 2017 1:56 pm

Smart phone display error... disregard!
Last edited by JoeSparky on Thu 19 Jan 2017 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoeSparky
GOA Life Member
NRA Life Member
NAGR Member
UCC
OCDO

Remember IANAL
Praying that OUR Country can be returned to it's greatness and to it's CONSTITUTION!
JoeSparky
Sniper

Postby Karl » Thu 19 Jan 2017 2:39 pm

JoeSparky wrote:Karl, For some reason, I suspect a mistake with the "quote" feature; it seems I've said a great deal more than I really said. Please fix!

Sorry you lost me there. But whatever you wanted fixed should be fixed now.
Karl
Marksman

Postby JoeSparky » Thu 19 Jan 2017 4:39 pm

Smart phone display appended your comments at the end of mine without and "end of quote" indication at the end of my comments. Don't see it now. Some must be fixed or it was a display problem on my little device.
JoeSparky
GOA Life Member
NRA Life Member
NAGR Member
UCC
OCDO

Remember IANAL
Praying that OUR Country can be returned to it's greatness and to it's CONSTITUTION!
JoeSparky
Sniper

Postby Cinhil » Fri 20 Jan 2017 5:56 am

Just as an aside, everything is ready for us on the 31st from 7-9 pm. You can show up earlier and if you do just let them know you are with the Utah Concealed Carry / Open Carry group. It has been arranged for us to occupy the horseshoe section and I have told them our numbers will be around 20 or so. Looking forward to seeing everyone a week from Tuesday at Wallaby's in Sandy. Address is on first post.
What part of "Shall not be infringed" is not being abused today!

Even Knights had "Modern" weapons!

'Sed quis custodiet ipsos cutodes' ("Who watches the watchmen?”)."
Cinhil
Sniper

Postby Karl » Fri 20 Jan 2017 6:46 am

Cinhil wrote:Just as an aside, everything is ready for us on the 31st from 7-9 pm. You can show up earlier and if you do just let them know you are with the Utah Concealed Carry / Open Carry group. It has been arranged for us to occupy the horseshoe section and I have told them our numbers will be around 20 or so. Looking forward to seeing everyone a week from Tuesday at Wallaby's in Sandy. Address is on first post.

Wow! That's a really good sized group.

I'll be there 10 minutes early just like Uncle Sam taught us to, in boot camp (for officers).

Looking forward to it.
Karl
Marksman

Postby D-FIN » Mon 23 Jan 2017 8:03 pm

Looks we should be there to. Could be justbeth and I or as many as Six if everyone else comes to.
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby JoeSparky » Mon 23 Jan 2017 9:31 pm

Cinhil wrote:Just as an aside, everything is ready for us on the 31st from 7-9 pm. You can show up earlier and if you do just let them know you are with the Utah Concealed Carry / Open Carry group. It has been arranged for us to occupy the horseshoe section and I have told them our numbers will be around 20 or so. Looking forward to seeing everyone a week from Tuesday at Wallaby's in Sandy. Address is on first post.

Cinhil,

When we gather we anticipate that all participants will be on good behavior and leave a positive memory in the minds of all those participating and observing our group. As such, based on the online behavior of ONE individual who has "graced" our forum for the last few weeks I don't believe this will be the case. So, sadly, I will not be participating with this dinner.
I do hope my concerns will be proven to not be valid but at this point I am not willing to take the chance! :crying:
JoeSparky
GOA Life Member
NRA Life Member
NAGR Member
UCC
OCDO

Remember IANAL
JoeSparky
Sniper

Postby Karl » Tue 24 Jan 2017 12:04 pm

JoeSparky wrote:

Cinhil,

When we gather we anticipate that all participants will be on good behavior and leave a positive memory in the minds of all those participating and observing our group. As such, based on the online behavior of ONE individual who has "graced" our forum for the last few weeks I don't believe this will be the case. So, sadly, I will not be participating with this dinner.
I do hope my concerns will be proven to not be valid but at this point I am not willing to take the chance! :crying:

Don't go crying away just because I pointed out how Scalia disagrees with Bumpylight.

I won't bite you.

And Bumpylight already said he is not coming.
Karl
Marksman

2017 Kickoff Dinner

Postby Snurd » Tue 24 Jan 2017 12:37 pm

Karl wrote:
Don't go crying away just because I pointed out how Scalia disagrees with Bumpylight.

I won't bite you.

Yay really need to stop being a jerk to people on this forum, Karl. It's unacceptable.

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Postby Karl » Tue 24 Jan 2017 12:46 pm

Snurd wrote:
Karl wrote:

I won't bite you.

Yay really need to stop being a jerk to people on this forum, Karl. It's unacceptable.

Sent from iSnurd

What's your definition? Pointing out that their views are inconsistent with US Supreme Court Justices who are pro-gun?

Pointing out that their incessant verbose repetitions are indicative of Alzheimer's?

Explaining that there are pro's and con's to everything on this Earth whether they like it or not?

Which one is your definition?
Karl
Marksman

Postby Snurd » Tue 24 Jan 2017 12:48 pm

Karl wrote:
Snurd wrote:
Karl wrote:

I won't bite you.

Sent from iSnurd

What's your definition? Pointing out that their views are inconsistent with US Supreme Court Justices who are pro-gun?

Pointing out that their incessant verbose repetitions are indicative of Alzheimer's?

Explaining that there are pro's and con's to everything on this Earth whether they like it or not?

Which one is your definition?

Go back and read any of your posts, and it's quite clear.

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Postby Karl » Tue 24 Jan 2017 12:49 pm

Snurd wrote:Go back and read any of your posts, and it's quite clear.

Sent from iSnurd

That's called "shifting the burden". It is a fallacy according to the rules of NCAA debate and of logic and philosophy.

You have the burden to justify what you said. You cannot shift the burden.

So which is your definition? I gave you a list to make it easy on you. Go ahead and pick one or several.
Karl
Marksman

2017 Kickoff Dinner

Postby Snurd » Tue 24 Jan 2017 12:52 pm

Karl wrote:
Snurd wrote:Go back and read any of your posts, and it's quite clear.

Sent from iSnurd

That's called "shifting the burden". It is a fallacy according to the rules of NCAA debate and of logic and philosophy.

You have the burden to justify what you said. You cannot shift the burden.

So which is your definition. I gave you a list to make it easy on you. Go ahead and pick one or several.

Actually it's not called shifting the burden. Whether you think so or not, you are being a jerk to many people on this forum. Reading your posts makes it quite clear that you have no respect for anyone here.

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

PreviousNext

Return to UCC Events