2017 Kickoff Dinner

A place for members to plan events and activities that other members may be interested in. Shoots, BBQ's, etc.

Re: 2017 Kickoff Dinner

Postby Karl » Tue 24 Jan 2017 1:41 pm

Snurd wrote:
Karl wrote:Actually it's not called shifting the burden. Whether you think so or not, you are being a jerk to many people on this forum. Reading your posts makes it quite clear that you have no respect for anyone here.


Sent from iSnurd

Snurd you sound like a very argumentative person that does not understand logic very well.

If you want more customers for your shooting classes you probably should clean up your act.

And note that there are only 3 things any man needs to do:

1 - pay taxes;

2 - draw quickly;

3 - shoot straight.

Just some friendly advice.

You are of course entitled to your opinions but you know about how opinions all stink right?
Karl
Marksman
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu 06 Oct 2016 12:45 pm

Re: 2017 Kickoff Dinner

Postby jfwright1955 » Tue 24 Jan 2017 1:57 pm

Snurd wrote:Actually it's not called shifting the burden. Whether you think so or not, you are being a jerk to many people on this forum. Reading your posts makes it quite clear that you have no respect for anyone here.

Sent from iSnurd

He's intentionally winding you up, Snurd. Resist the urge to engage or else you'll fall right into his trap.
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
User avatar
jfwright1955
Sniper
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sun 13 Jan 2013 9:15 am
Location: Marana, AZ

Re: 2017 Kickoff Dinner

Postby Karl » Tue 24 Jan 2017 2:58 pm

jfwright1955 wrote:
Snurd wrote:Actually it's not called shifting the burden. Whether you think so or not, you are being a jerk to many people on this forum. Reading your posts makes it quite clear that you have no respect for anyone here.

Sent from iSnurd

He's intentionally winding you up, Snurd. Resist the urge to engage or else you'll fall right into his trap.

What is the trap here fellows?

That Scalia has come out and clearly defined "bear arms" as coming to the defense rather than wearing in public?

That Scalia has come out and clearly allowed the States to regulate public carry outside the home?

That state constitutional carry has pro's and con's?

That walking into a restaurant that posts no-carry with your open carried firearm is both ignorant and ludicrous?

Which one? Take your pick of one or several. I have tried to make this easy for you.
Karl
Marksman
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu 06 Oct 2016 12:45 pm

Re: 2017 Kickoff Dinner

Postby sypher » Tue 24 Jan 2017 4:02 pm

Karl,
the way you are winning over friends, it may be a lonely dinner for you, but you're probably used to that already! If you would truly like to make it easy for everyone, don't let the door hit you on the way out!
Brian

NRA RSO
sypher
Marksman
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu 01 Mar 2012 7:11 pm
Location: Grand Forks County

Re: 2017 Kickoff Dinner

Postby sypher » Tue 24 Jan 2017 4:03 pm

Cinhil,
Sorry for the hijack!
Brian

NRA RSO
sypher
Marksman
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu 01 Mar 2012 7:11 pm
Location: Grand Forks County

Re: 2017 Kickoff Dinner

Postby Karl » Tue 24 Jan 2017 4:07 pm

sypher wrote:Karl,
the way you are winning over friends, it may be a lonely dinner for you, but you're probably used to that already! If you would truly like to make it easy for everyone, don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Oh Sypher my dear unknown friend, with such a large crowd of ... (you know what's) I may just skip the dinner.

I am not really an open carry person anyway.

I much prefer concealed carry. The only disadvantage to concealed is that it takes a quarter to half a second longer to draw. Meanwhile your gun is safe from prying eyes, it's harder for someone to grab it away from you, and you don't make anybody nervous with it concealed.

There are pro's and con's to everything. This is a concept that most people on this website apparently have trouble grasping intellectually. I can't tell what is causing this here. Maybe they're down-winder's and it has decreased their I/Q's. Don't know. Just guessing.

Cinhill, please take me off the list, or give my seat to someone else buddy. Thanks.
Karl
Marksman
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu 06 Oct 2016 12:45 pm

Re: 2017 Kickoff Dinner

Postby sypher » Tue 24 Jan 2017 8:09 pm

Karl,
Let me apologize for being a hypocrite. In another post I talked about being civil and respectful, and then I made this post earlier this evening. I am sorry that I did not show you the same civility that I asked of you.
Brian

NRA RSO
sypher
Marksman
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu 01 Mar 2012 7:11 pm
Location: Grand Forks County

Re: 2017 Kickoff Dinner

Postby Cinhil » Wed 25 Jan 2017 12:20 am

Let's get back on topic here. This post is for the upcoming dinner on Jan. 31st from 7-9 pm. Let's get back on topic and if you are going let me know, let's not clog this post with banter which may best be used on another/newer post. Let's keep this post free so people don't have to sort through everything to obtain, or provide the information this post is for. Thanks!
What part of "Shall not be infringed" is not being abused today!

Even Knights had "Modern" weapons!

'Sed quis custodiet ipsos cutodes' ("Who watches the watchmen?”)."
User avatar
Cinhil
Sniper
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Fri 24 Jun 2005 1:31 am

Re: 2017 Kickoff Dinner

Postby Luv10mm » Wed 25 Jan 2017 8:21 am

I should be able to attend this year. Please add 2 adults & 2 kids to the list.
Luv10mm
Expert Marksman
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Fri 16 Jul 2010 2:05 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, UT

Re: 2017 Kickoff Dinner

Postby jfwright1955 » Wed 25 Jan 2017 10:19 am

I was hoping to make it this year (for the first time) but had held off from saying "yes" as I was hoping a recent knee injury was going to heal by itself. As it turns out it's surgery time instead. Bummer. The doc's instructed me to limit movement in the interim so as to contain the damage. :crying:

Hope folks attending have fun. Save me a doggy bag. :eat:
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
User avatar
jfwright1955
Sniper
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sun 13 Jan 2013 9:15 am
Location: Marana, AZ

Re: 2017 Kickoff Dinner

Postby Snurd » Wed 25 Jan 2017 10:22 am

jfwright1955 wrote:I was hoping to make it this year (for the first time) but had held off from saying "yes" as I was hoping a recent knee injury was going to heal by itself. As it turns out it's surgery time instead. Bummer. The doc's instructed me to limit movement in the interim so as to contain the damage. :crying:

Hope folks attending have fun. Save me a doggy bag. :eat:

Do you walk around while eating? They do have seats available for those who prefer not to wander while munching food. :lol2:


Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse
 
Posts: 9873
Joined: Sat 19 Jan 2008 10:24 am
Location: SLC

Re: 2017 Kickoff Dinner

Postby jfwright1955 » Wed 25 Jan 2017 11:11 am

Snurd wrote:
jfwright1955 wrote:I was hoping to make it this year (for the first time) but had held off from saying "yes" as I was hoping a recent knee injury was going to heal by itself. As it turns out it's surgery time instead. Bummer. The doc's instructed me to limit movement in the interim so as to contain the damage. :crying:

Hope folks attending have fun. Save me a doggy bag. :eat:

Do you walk around while eating? They do have seats available for those who prefer not to wander while munching food. :lol2:

Sent from iSnurd

What a smart-aleck. Wouldn't expect anything less from you, Snurdly.

I've got a severely torn meniscus so got to limit movement (not like that's a problem) such as getting in and out of a car, no load-bearing activities, etc., until it's fixed. Heck, I may not even be able to go to the range until it's all better (now that's a stretch, I think) so I'll be sitting in my favorite chair with my SIRT pistol shooting at stuff on the TV for awhile.
:sheriff:
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
User avatar
jfwright1955
Sniper
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sun 13 Jan 2013 9:15 am
Location: Marana, AZ

Re: 2017 Kickoff Dinner

Postby Snurd » Wed 25 Jan 2017 11:18 am

jfwright1955 wrote:
Snurd wrote:
jfwright1955 wrote:I was hoping to make it this year (for the first time) but had held off from saying "yes" as I was hoping a recent knee injury was going to heal by itself. As it turns out it's surgery time instead. Bummer. The doc's instructed me to limit movement in the interim so as to contain the damage. :crying:

Hope folks attending have fun. Save me a doggy bag. :eat:

Do you walk around while eating? They do have seats available for those who prefer not to wander while munching food. :lol2:

Sent from iSnurd

What a smart-aleck. Wouldn't expect anything less from you, Snurdly.

I've got a severely torn meniscus so got to limit movement (not like that's a problem) such as getting in and out of a car, no load-bearing activities, etc., until it's fixed. Heck, I may not even be able to go to the range until it's all better (now that's a stretch, I think) so I'll be sitting in my favorite chair with my SIRT pistol shooting at stuff on the TV for awhile.
:sheriff:

That really sucks. Sorry to hear that. Get better already. :D


Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse
 
Posts: 9873
Joined: Sat 19 Jan 2008 10:24 am
Location: SLC

Re: 2017 Kickoff Dinner

Postby Cinhil » Thu 26 Jan 2017 8:22 am

When you arrive be certain to let the people working there know you are with this group.
What part of "Shall not be infringed" is not being abused today!

Even Knights had "Modern" weapons!

'Sed quis custodiet ipsos cutodes' ("Who watches the watchmen?”)."
User avatar
Cinhil
Sniper
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Fri 24 Jun 2005 1:31 am

Re: 2017 Kickoff Dinner

Postby D-FIN » Fri 27 Jan 2017 11:19 am

Karl wrote:
Snurd wrote:
Karl wrote:
Don't go crying away just because I pointed out how Scalia disagrees with Bumpylight.

I won't bite you.

And Bumpylight already said he is not coming.

Yay really need to stop being a jerk to people on this forum, Karl. It's unacceptable.


Sent from iSnurd

What's your definition? Pointing out that their views are inconsistent with US Supreme Court Justices who are pro-gun?

Pointing out that their incessant verbose repetitions are indicative of Alzheimer's?

Explaining that there are pro's and con's to everything on this Earth whether they like it or not?

Which one is your definition?



It has nothing to do with your opinions but that fact that you act like everything you say is absolute gospel with no room for anything else and the fact that you run overtop of everyone who disagrees with you like they are [auto-filtered] on your shoes. you don't know anyone here yet you act like you know everything and everything you know should be assumed true and believed by everyone else. I would be smart to get to know the people you have joined before go around telling them off and assuming they don't know anything when we know they happen to have years and years of valuable experience and trust built up here. We welcome new people here but you have come in from day one and instead of being part of this community you proceeded to attack everyone in it who does not agree with you.
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper
 
Posts: 1553
Joined: Sat 29 Dec 2012 8:39 pm

PreviousNext

Return to UCC Events

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest