Don't tell me you can't get the drop on an armed goblin

Guns are often featured in the news media. Here you can post links to such news items and discuss them.

Don't tell me you can't get the drop on an armed goblin

Postby AlanM » Thu 14 Jan 2016 2:17 am

Here's two instances of exactly that happening.
Both in Chicago, both in the same week.
Looks like a little chlorine is being thrown into Chicago's gene pool and the local wolf pack is being thinned out a little.

Cops: Liquor store clerk who fatally shot 2 robbers unlikely to face charges

According to authorities, the two teens walked into the store, and one of them hopped over the counter. That teen hit a clerk standing behind the counter, while the other remained in front of the counter, authorities said.

Meanwhile, the employee who eventually opened fire -- who is a relative of the store owner -- heard a commotion upstairs and saw the robbery suspects from a stairwell, authorities said.

He pulled out a gun and opened fire on the two, killing them, authorities said. At least one of them was armed with a gun.

Clerk with concealed gun permit shoots 2 robbers at cellphone store

An employee at a Far South Side cellphone retailer shot two would-be robbers late Wednesday morning, at least the second time in a week a worker has shot two robbery suspects at a Chicago business, according to police and store officials.

Two men drew handguns as they entered a cell phone store, 2051 E. 95th St., in the Calumet Heights neighborhood around 11 a.m., prompting one of the workers at the store to take out his own firearm and shoot them, according to an account from employees given to Neil Tadros, who identified himself as the district manager for T-Mobile.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
AlanM
Sharp Shooter

Re: Don't tell me you can't get the drop on an armed goblin

Postby dewittdj » Thu 14 Jan 2016 10:06 am

When seconds count, the police are minutes away. When seconds count, it helps to have a legally armed citizen willing to defend the innocent. Perhaps these are lessons the Illinois and Cook county residents will begin to realize and understand.
Save $10-1yr: new or renewal:
3yr-$70, 5yr-$100, Life-$750
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XI028543
dewittdj
Top Shot

Postby D-FIN » Thu 14 Jan 2016 5:18 pm

That manager seemed all for CCW but there was still a big no guns allowed sign on the t-mobile door.
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby Bill801 » Thu 14 Jan 2016 7:32 pm

D-FIN wrote:That manager seemed all for CCW but there was still a big no guns allowed sign on the t-mobile door.

Yeah, for all the good that did.

It could be mandated by corporate, though.
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got." ~Unkown
Bill801
Novice

Return to Guns in the News