Utah Guns Forum banner

Concealed carrier shot during traffic stop

7K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Cinhil 
#1 ·
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/07/us/falcon ... index.html

Looks like a permit holder in MN was pulled over for a busted tail light. When asked for his license and registration, he notified the officer that he was legally carrying, but that he needed to reach into his pocket for his wallet to produce ID as requested. When he did so, the officer shot and killed him with his fiance and 4 year old daughter sitting next to him in the car.

Kind of makes me rethink my stance on notifying during a traffic stop.

#2 ·
I can hear the lies now, "I told him not to reach for it!" When he probably never said a word and just opened fire. I personally do not care for having to notify as it can cause this, or at minimum force one into being disarmed, "for officer safety<" heck, just leave it be and everyone is safer! I know they are still investigating but I can almost see the writing on the wall, "the officer followed procedure and it is unfortunate that this man (victim) did not follow orders instead reaching for his weapon." Or something similar. I could say a lot more but shall restrain myself. Obviously there needs to be better training as well as responsibility for when an officer in Minnesota violates anothers right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness and then refuses to allow other victims the right to render aid. This situation could so easily have been avoided. :disgusted:

#3 ·
I was also disturbed by this report. Still, we're all familiar by now with how the narrative often fails to match the reality. I cannot say what might be that reality, but perhaps the following link holds food for thought:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/20 ... -shooting/

[....]

The people at GotNews chased down the social media profiles of Diamond and Philando, and unfortunately a familiar set of social behaviors surfaces.

Yes, Philando Castile was a gang member ([C]rips), frequently picturing himself with firearms, cash, drugs and gang signs; and Ms. Diamond also has a colorfully broadcasted social presence.

[....]

Four days before they were pulled over, and approximately four blocks from where the shooting took place, another firearm incident occurred. A Super USA Convenience Store was robbed at gunpoint at 7:30pm on Friday July 2nd.

Accepting the administrative lag from the holiday weekend, the local police requested help from the public on Tuesday July 5th ... by releasing CCTV video images of two armed black males who robbed the convenience store at gunpoint ....

[....]
Needless to say, I'll be watching this story for further developments.

#4 ·
Everything I've heard about the conservativetreehouse article is that is is pretty much bunk that has not shown up anywhere else in any other story because most of the information just simply has not been released.

#5 ·
I was wondering myself why none of these alleged details have popped up elsewhere in the Blogosphere. It would be nice to have further confirmation or else firm evidence to the contrary. I keep thinking of how this "sweet young kid" Trayvon Martin, for example, turned out later to have been a grinning, gold-toothed thug. Over and over, allegedly "innocent" black "victims" have turned out later to have had long histories of thuggery and lawlessness. I'm no fan of cop lawlessness, but it's amazing how often damning portrayals of the dead emerge after the initial leftist hollering and yelling about random, senseless police violence against bewildered black victims who totally did nothing wrong.

About all I can say is that I'm watching this case to see what might emerge in time.

D-FIN said:
Everything I've heard about the conservativetreehouse article is that i[t] is pretty much bunk that has not shown up anywhere else in any other story because most of the information just simply has not been released.
P.S. Ah! You're quite right, RustyShackleford -- that bit was so typical that I somehow glossed over it in my comprehension of the report. The way the original cop and evidently other cops just stood around and casually waited for the shooting victim to die from blood loss, thus conveniently preventing a later first-person account in court, smelt to high heaven. It's amazing how often this sort of behavior happens when cops suspect they've screwed the pooch. If this was indeed a straight-out murder by hysteria, then I'm frankly surprised that the lady passenger herself is still alive to give witness. It would have been so easy to claim that she herself "made a furtive move" towards some hidden object. I suppose two dead bodies would have been overly difficult to explain. :shock:

P.P.S. It seems from the link provided below that the cops did in fact perform CPR on the dying shooting victim. Yeah, this is the sort of detail that seems to leak out slowly if at all. Also, the bit about a recent robbery appears to be highly relevant. The dead man apparently bore a close resemblance to one of the robbery suspects captured on a surveillance video, there's an oddly gun-shaped object in his lap in the video *and* the girlfriend allegedly was smoking the exact brand of cigarette taken in the robbery when she later made a public statement about the shooting. Furthermore, no one seems to be able to verify the claim that the dead man had a CCW permit, which in any case would not be issued to a known felon. This whole affair stinks. Once again, the so-called "innocent" victim" is acquiring a darkened aura that may solidify into an indelible stain of guilt. We shall see as the days and weeks pass by and more details leak out.

#6 ·
I'm only going to point out one thing that disturbs me more than anything. After the cop shot this guy, he seemingly recognizes that he screwed up...(and I'll give him "heat of the moment", "needed to make a split second decision", Heck I'll even give him "In The Fog of War" as seen under one that suffers from excessive, indoctrination and training induced Terroristaphobia....But why in the heck did this uncaring, (no way a hero) Cop and the other cops around choose to just let him bleed out? Serve and Protect?

I wonder if the man he shot will show up on the autopsy table with his (clearly) Shattered Arm, handcuffed behind his back... (as the report shows of LaVoy Finicum's body when received for autopsy)?

#8 ·
Snurd said:
Here is the latest from Bearing Arms.

http://bearingarms.com/jenn-j/2016/07/0 ... -evidence/

Evidence shows that they weren't pulled over for a broken tail light. Neither of the tail lights were out at all. They were pulled over because the officer saw them and they looked like the suspects of an armed robbery. More at the link.
Sounds like the "Internal Investigation" is in full swing and working the way it should....Shure glad for that unbiased standard, to see justice will prevail.

#9 ·
So she admitted to having weed in the car. I don't really care so much about the weed but if it is illegal to have in MN then is shows that things were not exactly squeaky clean.

#10 ·
Monday Armchair Quarterbacking aside, sounds like there was a lot left out of initial reports which could reflect negatively on all parties involved. Still a bad deal all he way around for all involved. Somewhere out there is the whole truth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.