Sea Bears staff stops open carrying?

Guns are often featured in the news media. Here you can post links to such news items and discuss them.

Sea Bears staff stops open carrying?

Postby DaKnife » Sun 21 Aug 2016 10:22 am

Has anyone heard about this in local new? Came across this shared by Open Carry Texas on FB.
http://kboi2.com/news/local/utah-restaurant-known-for-openly-carrying-guns-forced-to-stop
And anyone know the ownership of Union Station. They get a good chunk of RAMP funds every year. but how close are they to actually qualifying as an entity of the state? Which could thus put them in violation of preemption.
SPOOOOOOON!!!

WARNING: This comment may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm, in every other state it may increase intelligence and knowledge.
DaKnife
Sniper

Re: Sea Bears staff stops open carrying?

Postby DaKnife » Sun 21 Aug 2016 10:30 am

A bit of follow up on ownership, it's run by a 501c(3) but Wikipedia say's the station is owned by Ogden City, if true then Sea Bears should push as the no open carry rule is illegal.
SPOOOOOOON!!!

WARNING: This comment may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm, in every other state it may increase intelligence and knowledge.
DaKnife
Sniper

Postby Wrangler_dave9 » Sun 21 Aug 2016 11:14 am

Just looked at Google and Wikipedia to confirm it is owned by the city of Ogden, which makes this OC ban of theirs illegal. For being supporters of the 2nd Amendment, I think Sea Bears needs to show some teeth and bite back at this.
Just another day in paradise.
Wrangler_dave9
Marksman

Postby jfwright1955 » Sun 21 Aug 2016 11:17 am

I noticed at the end of the article it said; "...They say the contract with the restaurant does not prohibit carrying of weapons by anyone with a concealed-carry permit." That being the case, open carry by anyone with a concealed carry permit is okay. The no open carry is still not legally binding in-and-of-itself, though.
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby manithree » Sun 21 Aug 2016 1:44 pm

I saw it in the Lib Trib:

http://www.sltrib.com/home/4261089-155/ogden-restaurant-staff-to-stop-open-carrying

Since I've open carried every time I've been to the John M. Browning museum in Union Station, the ban on OC is news to me.
It's not about the odds, it's about the stakes.
http://gunfacts.info/
manithree
Sniper

Postby RustyShackleford » Sun 21 Aug 2016 7:59 pm

manithree wrote:I saw it in the Lib Trib:

http://www.sltrib.com/home/4261089-155/ogden-restaurant-staff-to-stop-open-carrying

Since I've open carried every time I've been to the John M. Browning museum in Union Station, the ban on OC is news to me.

According to an article I read, They (city owned property) are going to "Post Signs" 8) 8) 8) wait for it, 8) wait for it...... :ROFL:
I just view that as a challenge,....Gosh sometimes I wish I lived closer to the Yankee side of the Payson/Dixon Line.
If you consider yourself an American, and are not yet on a government watchlist...You're Not Trying.
RustyShackleford
Sniper

Postby AlanM » Mon 22 Aug 2016 6:00 am

:popcorn:
Go get 'em!!!
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
AlanM
Sharp Shooter

Postby D-FIN » Mon 22 Aug 2016 4:19 pm

Oops I slipped and fell into the cess pit of the comments section. Now I gotta go take shower.
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby spenc938 » Tue 23 Aug 2016 8:49 am

Time for an open carry event? Have lunch, go through the museums...?
spenc938
Marksman

Postby snowrodeo » Wed 24 Aug 2016 9:04 am

spenc -

lets go! ive never been thru the museum, and i have a sudden craving for some fish and chips!!!

carpool?
On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn……from the inside.

-- NRA Life Member
-- Front Sight First Family Guardian
snowrodeo
Novice

Postby spenc938 » Wed 24 Aug 2016 9:10 am

My wife and I would both be in if we could get a few more people. I'm a bit of a coward so I need to be sure that I'm not the one that'll have to explain to them why it's legal for us to be there.
spenc938
Marksman

Postby D-FIN » Wed 24 Aug 2016 9:37 pm

Ogden Attorney removes signs banning open-carry at Sea Bears, Union Station

http://www.standard.net/Government/2016 ... y-attorney

I knew it. Illegal to put up no open carry signs.
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby Wrangler_dave9 » Wed 24 Aug 2016 11:39 pm

I think it's funny that the article also states that it's illegal to OC unless it's Utah-Unloaded. How hard would it be to include a sentance that states those who have been issued a CFP by this or any other state are exempt from the particular section of Utah law.
Just another day in paradise.
Wrangler_dave9
Marksman

Postby DaKnife » Thu 25 Aug 2016 5:28 am

Wrangler_dave9 wrote:I think it's funny that the article also states that it's illegal to OC unless it's Utah-Unloaded. How hard would it be to include a sentance that states those who have been issued a CFP by this or any other state are exempt from the particular section of Utah law.

Anything the media can do to spread did-information to discourage the exercise of the right they hate the most. Funny how the author fails to note that Trentleman is a long time columnist with the Standard-Exagerator.
SPOOOOOOON!!!

DaKnife
Sniper

Postby D-FIN » Thu 25 Aug 2016 11:39 am

DaKnife wrote:
Wrangler_dave9 wrote:I think it's funny that the article also states that it's illegal to OC unless it's Utah-Unloaded. How hard would it be to include a sentance that states those who have been issued a CFP by this or any other state are exempt from the particular section of Utah law.

Anything the media can do to spread did-information to discourage the exercise of the right they hate the most. Funny how the author fails to note that Trentleman is a long time columnist with the Standard-Exagerator.

Most likely they just don't know that CCW allows loaded Open carry.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Next

Return to Guns in the News