Tomahawks

This is an area to discuss general issues regarding knives, swords, and other non-firearm weapons.

Tomahawks

Postby UTGunslinger » Sat 12 Nov 2011 7:46 pm

Ok, I am not a knife guy at all but I do carry one at work. However, I now have a new a pass time. Tomahawks. My brother gave me a Cold Steel Trail Hawk a few years ago for by birth day and I have been hooked since. Now that it's Fall it's to time to break out my two most favorite movies. The Patriot and Last of the Mohicans.

I was just curious to see if anyone else likes to throw and where is a good place to find more throwing hawks.
Life is a battle, Train to win, Fight with vengeance, Never quit!!!

Utah POST Certified Handgun Instructor
Utah POST Certified Shotgun/Less Lethal Instructor
Utah POST Certified Patrol Rifle Instructor
Utah CFP Instructor
And much, much more.
UTGunslinger
Novice

Re: Tomahawks

Postby RustyShackleford » Sat 12 Nov 2011 8:28 pm

The only place I have done this was at a scout camp, years ago. I was a scout leader and they had this as an activity at one of the camps. The boys and leaders had a lot of fun doing it. I also found that 3 out of about the twelve boys in our troop spent a lot of free time doing this (I always knew where I could find them). They got addicted to it, so to speak. Great activity and with a little practice some of those kids did very well.
If you consider yourself an American, and are not yet on a government watchlist...You're Not Trying.
RustyShackleford
Sniper

Postby abrian8 » Sat 12 Nov 2011 9:40 pm

I did it years ago when I was in my teens. I still do it when I go camping. I was (toot toot) really good when I was younger. Got hooked on it when I would go to mountain man rendezvous with the family. I still have two and my throwing knife. Fun hobby so keep it up.

The only place that comes to mind to get them is Cheaper Than Dirt. They are just plain Jane throwing hawks.
A man with a gun is a citizen, a man without a gun is a subject.
abrian8
Marksman

Postby UTGunslinger » Sat 12 Nov 2011 10:05 pm

I never thought about cheaper than dirt. Thanks for the reminder. Plain jane hawk are good with me. It's also a hobby you can do in the back yard. When I dont have and trees old enough for a hawk hit but my Dads house does and there is a good supply of hawks to throw. If we are out side my kids are out back throwing them into the stump.

I would love to find a tree stump about 24 inches accross to build a target with so I can do it at home. If anyone has a good place to find one please let me know. Thanks
Life is a battle, Train to win, Fight with vengeance, Never quit!!!

Utah POST Certified Handgun Instructor
Utah POST Certified Shotgun/Less Lethal Instructor
Utah POST Certified Patrol Rifle Instructor
Utah CFP Instructor
And much, much more.
UTGunslinger
Novice

Postby Strategic Tactical » Thu 17 Nov 2011 12:31 pm

I plan on getting the GG&G Tomahawk in the near future. You never know when you will run out of ammo and have to scalp a zombie!
Chris
Director of Training
Strategic Tactical Group LLC
Certified instructor for Utah CFP, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, ASP and Camlock Baton, MACE
Glock, AR-15 and Mossberg Armorer
http://www.strategictacticalgroup.com
http://www.stginvestigations.com
Strategic Tactical
Sniper

Return to Knives, Swords, etc.