Handcuffs and handcuff keys?

This is an area to discuss general issues regarding knives, swords, and other non-firearm weapons.

Handcuffs and handcuff keys?

Postby Shurikenv » Thu 02 Aug 2012 11:50 am

So I figured this would be a good place to post this since there not firearms but I was wondering is Carrying a handcuff key illegal in Utah? I just got a pair of handcuffs for some security stuff i do from time to time and stuck the key on my main key ring and then started to think about if its ok to leave it on there at all times. my first thing that comes in mind is that if i did get arrested and handcuffed first thing i would do would let them know about my handcuff key so they would not expect me of trying to escape.
Shurikenv
Novice

Re: Handcuffs and handcuff keys?

Postby Kevin Jensen » Thu 02 Aug 2012 2:08 pm

No laws against that. Carry (the key) on!
Kevin Jensen
Sniper

Postby Cinhil » Thu 02 Aug 2012 3:17 pm

The only thing I can say here is, nothing illegal with handcuffs in Utah however, if you ever use then as a weapon you could face charges if it is not a self defense situation. I had someone arrested for assaulting me (attempting to) with a pair of handcuffs years ago, almost took my face apart - good thing I was in shape back then cause it would have been nasty.
What part of "Shall not be infringed" is not being abused today!

Even Knights had "Modern" weapons!

'Sed quis custodiet ipsos cutodes' ("Who watches the watchmen?”)."
Cinhil
Sniper

Postby JoeSparky » Thu 02 Aug 2012 6:38 pm

Cinhil wrote:The only thing I can say here is, nothing illegal with handcuffs in Utah however, if you ever use then as a weapon you could face charges if it is not a self defense situation. I had someone arrested for assaulting me (attempting to) with a pair of handcuffs years ago, almost took my face apart - good thing I was in shape back then cause it would have been nasty.

If you are like me the primary shape you and I are in is "ROUND"... and I promise you that ROUND IS A SHAPE.... just not one the one aspires to achieve!
JoeSparky
GOA Life Member
NRA Life Member
NAGR Member
UCC
OCDO

Remember IANAL
Praying that OUR Country can be returned to it's greatness and to it's CONSTITUTION!
JoeSparky
Sniper

Postby Cinhil » Thu 02 Aug 2012 6:50 pm

JoeSparky wrote:
Cinhil wrote:The only thing I can say here is, nothing illegal with handcuffs in Utah however, if you ever use then as a weapon you could face charges if it is not a self defense situation. I had someone arrested for assaulting me (attempting to) with a pair of handcuffs years ago, almost took my face apart - good thing I was in shape back then cause it would have been nasty.

If you are like me the primary shape you and I are in is "ROUND"... and I promise you that ROUND IS A SHAPE.... just not one the one aspires to achieve!

So true Sparky! back then my shape was great but pear to round is normal now--wish it were different, maybe I can change that!
What part of "Shall not be infringed" is not being abused today!

Even Knights had "Modern" weapons!

'Sed quis custodiet ipsos cutodes' ("Who watches the watchmen?”)."
Cinhil
Sniper

Postby Pistol Pete » Thu 13 Jun 2013 6:00 am

You can own a handcuff key in Utah, just don't bring it into a court room, if they find one on your key ring or on your person, they will ask you to take it outside and not let you enter until it is no longer with you.
Pistol Pete
Marksman

Postby faydee » Fri 12 Jul 2013 4:28 pm

Using the lessons I've gleaned from Zombie movies, I would recommend you have at least one round of ammunition per person currently living within a 30 mile radius of your location...

III%
faydee
Sniper

Postby Snurd » Fri 12 Jul 2013 4:47 pm

The leather 5.11 belts have a place in the back to hide a cuff key.
Snurd
Posse

Return to Knives, Swords, etc.