I like Knives

This is an area to discuss general issues regarding knives, swords, and other non-firearm weapons.

I like Knives

Postby sculptingmyguns » Sat 13 Dec 2008 5:38 pm

I like knives, that's all. I just felt bad that there were no posts under "edged weapons and related items"
sculptingmyguns

Re: I like Knives

Postby Shaolin » Sat 13 Dec 2008 7:55 pm

I also love knives. I have quite a few of them, lol Some are listed in my sig. 8)
Springfield Armory XD9SC
Busse Active Duty
Swamp Rat RatManDu
Zero Tolerance ZT0200
Shaolin
Expert Marksman

Postby Cinhil » Sat 13 Dec 2008 8:01 pm

There have been a few posts on Knives, or knife related articles over the past few years. I think that it has been a while so the old ones are probably archived. I sell knives and have always been interested in them. If you are looking for something in particular I may be able to help. Just pm me if you want. I think a knife is one of, if not the most important tool when in the wilderness or camping. Knives also make a great back up weapon when it comes to self defense and we all should have one in our arsenal.
:) :D
What part of "Shall not be infringed" is not being abused today!

Even Knights had "Modern" weapons!

'Sed quis custodiet ipsos cutodes' ("Who watches the watchmen?”)."
Cinhil
Sniper

Postby UtahCFP » Sat 13 Dec 2008 8:32 pm

When I was getting my BSEE degree at BYU waaaay back (just after electricity was discovered, I believe), I had a professor that was adamant that every good engineer always had a knife with them. I remember on the final for that class, one of the test questions was "Do you have a knife with you right now?"
Dr. Dave ([email protected])
WAS a Utah Concealed Firearm Permit (CFP) Instructor
NOW a Texas License to Carry (LTC) Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor, Basic Rifle Instructor, Basic Shotgun Instructor, and RSO
NRA Life Member
UtahCFP
Sniper

Postby Sam Fidler » Sat 13 Dec 2008 9:38 pm

UtahCFP wrote:When I was getting my BSEE degree at BYU waaaay back (just after electricity was discovered, I believe), I had a professor that was adamant that every good engineer always had a knife with them. I remember on the final for that class, one of the test questions was "Do you have a knife with you right now?"

A knife, or some knives?

If you really like knives then check out these works of art: http://cgi.ebay.com/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI ... 0315861134
"I have sworn upon the altar of God Eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson, 1800
http://www.The-Palladium-Group.com
Sam Fidler
Sniper

Postby Queen Kat » Sat 13 Dec 2008 11:55 pm

I like knives, too. I have a Gerber Guardian Backup knife. Very beautiful and expensive...The other day my dad was looking at it and asked if I knew how to throw it. I told him I was in the process of saving for a new one so I could use the one he was looking at for practice. Next thing you know he pulls a dartboard out of the garage, sets it up on the stairs, and starts throwing my knife at it! OMG! my poor tip and edges! I didn't want to freak out cuz he's old and might have a heart attack over it but geez! I was ready to have a heart attack everytime I saw my blackened blade beauty hit the metal parts of the dartboard...That is the LAST time I show my dad my weapons. I would hate to see what he would do with my pistol! YIKES!

Sorry for the rant!

Yeah, I love my knife!
Queen Kat

"...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
Queen Kat
Marksman

Postby Jeff Johnson » Sun 14 Dec 2008 12:06 am

Cinhil wrote:There have been a few posts on Knives, or knife related articles over the past few years. I think that it has been a while so the old ones are probably archived.

Just to correct this statement, the only sections of UCC that get pruned are the classifieds. There is no such thing as archiving older posts in the other sections. Just look and they all go way back to the beginning.

Incidentally, this thread is kind of off-topic, since nothing is being offered for sale or purchase.
IANAL => I Am Not A Lawyer
NRA Life Member | USSC | CCRKBA | UtahConcealedCarry.com
Jeff Johnson
Site Admin

Postby Cinhil » Sun 14 Dec 2008 12:44 pm

Thanks for the update/correction, Jeff. I knew I was probably a little hazy on the "archived" comment but wasn't sure. I do know we have had comments on knife making and also on knives for self defense on the site before, so a good search may net more information for those seeking info on/about knives.
What part of "Shall not be infringed" is not being abused today!

Even Knights had "Modern" weapons!

'Sed quis custodiet ipsos cutodes' ("Who watches the watchmen?”)."
Cinhil
Sniper

Postby sculptingmyguns » Sun 14 Dec 2008 6:19 pm

Currently I have a KA-Bar w/ the tanto blade, I love how sturdy it is, but the blade is thick and angled in a way that makes it hard to get a good edge on it. https://www.kabar.com/product_detail.js ... y/Tactical

I also have a hand me down Cold Steel Recon tanto point http://www.coldsteel.com/reconi.html

And probably one of the best bargains is this Gerber I got for 10 dollars at the gun show last year, ergonomics are great, very comfortable to hold and carry around. http://www.rockynational.com/1174_22-08 ... _Edge.html

I guess it's my fault we are off subject, I wasn't smart enough to see it was in the classifieds section, my apologies
sculptingmyguns

Postby MarshallDodge » Tue 16 Dec 2008 8:50 am

I like knives as well, my favorite is the Benchmade Mini-Griptilian.

That Gerber you got from the gun show is a decent knife. The blade steel is fair and the grip frame is rugged.
Kirk
-Seconds count, misses don't-
"The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck
MarshallDodge
Sniper

Postby Ruger Collector » Tue 16 Dec 2008 6:26 pm

Francis Marion wrote:If you really like knives then check out these works of art: http://cgi.ebay.com/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI ... 0315861134

Those are fabulous!!! I've always been a huge fan of Damascus blades...
If we fail to accomplish firearm safety by education, we increase the risk of draconian legislation.

NRA Life Member/RSO/Pistol, Rifle, Personal Protection & Ut-CFP Instructor.
Recommended reading: Utah Gun Law
Ruger Collector
Sniper

Postby Jeff Johnson » Tue 16 Dec 2008 8:04 pm

:mod: I moved this topic to Knives, Swords, etc.
You may not realize it, but any thread in the Classifieds section that hasn't had posts for a period of 60 days are automatically deleted.
Please place discussion threads on knives in the proper forum.
IANAL => I Am Not A Lawyer
NRA Life Member | USSC | CCRKBA | UtahConcealedCarry.com
Jeff Johnson
Site Admin

I like Knives

Postby CDR_Glock » Thu 04 Nov 2010 8:27 pm

I love knives, too:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
CDR_Glock
Novice

Postby closecombat » Mon 08 Nov 2010 2:45 pm

I carry a Case Sodbuster, folding knife ALWAYS. it's simple, doesn't open very quick, but it has a good edge, hard point and I can throw it accurately from 12 ft.

general rule of knife throwing, 12' or less, throw by the handle. over 12', throw by the blade.

also, if you're going to throw a knife in a defense situation, make sure you have something for backup.

Other knives I own,

Kabar 2 blade pocket knife
Kabar fighting knife
USMC WWII issued jungle knife (weighs about 5 lbs)
numerous Spyderco, gerber, benchmade tactical folding knives

I like knives. I have trained on how to use my knife, both opened and unopened. I respect knives. I have been stabbed twice and cut numerous times during violent altercations. No worse for wear because the assailant did NOT have ANY training in using a knife.
closecombat
Novice

Postby BrandonK » Tue 01 Feb 2011 11:28 pm

sculptingmyguns wrote:I like knives, that's all. I just felt bad that there were no posts under "edged weapons and related items"

I also like knives, actually I have collection of knives.
"Whether the throwing knives falls on the melon or the melon on the knife, the melon suffers”
BrandonK
Novice

Next

Return to Knives, Swords, etc.